Friday, October 1, 2010

Hell in a Cell Picks

I thought this was going to be a short pick blog with only four matches announced. Then, I listened to ShowStoppers and found out Christian is injured and had surgery. I hadn't heard this yet and sure enough I checked another wrestling site and it's true. Captain Charisma is out for 4 months just in time for the Rumble. So, before I get to my HIAC picks I need to tell the story of Christian's comeback as I see it.

I've said it for a long time, Christian vs Edge at Mania in a TLC match for the WHC. Rumors have the World and WWE titles combining at Mania. My dream match may not happen. Christian is out 4 months and I'd love to see him come and win the Rumble. John made that point on SS. However, that's a little predictable since Cena, Taker, Edge and HHH have all won coming back from injury. Taker and Kane is going to end in November hopefully in a buried alive match. The title will be on Taker and he needs an opponent. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the Rated R Superstar Edge. Taker and Edge go until the Rumble. Since I'm begging for Sheamus Taker at Mania, Sheamus screws Taker out of the WHC to set their story. Edge now has the WHC and needs a feud. During the Rumble, keep Christian off. I say, the next Friday on Smackdown have him return when Edge is giving an in ring promo. This starts the motions but Christian can't come back and demand a title shot. He has to earn it. The Elimination Chamber is a perfect way for him to do just that. The Rumble is won by a Raw star so their EC is for the WWE title. The Smackdown is for a shot to headline Mania with their champ. Smackdown could have Christian, Rey, a returning Kane, Drew, Rhodes and Kofi while Edge faces off with Taker for their rematch. Christian manages to win the EC and Edge, again with help of Sheamus, holds on to the World. The dream match lives on, stakes are high and Christian adds the stipulation of TLC. I win. But what if WWE decides to unify the World and WWE? That throws a big fat monkey wrench into my plan. If they unify those two, then unify the IC and U.S. Edge could hold on and Christian comes to Raw and wins the other. If neither happen and toss the belts out, that's the easiest of them all. I wouldn't get my dream match of TLC but I would get the classic one on one grudge match. I'm good anyway it happens. I just want it to freaking happen at Mania. Edge and Christian is a huge payoff. With all that said, it's time for the best damn WWE blogger to finally get back to being the best damn WWE picker on BBSD.

One more thing before the picks, I think the WWE will announce an IC and Tag title match on Smackdown and since it's live I don't have spoilers to read. I'm going out on a limb. So if that were to happen, I'm going with Dolph to keep and Rhodes and Drew to keep as well.

U.S. Title Triple Threat Submissions Count Anywhere
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Miz vs Morrison
I'm happy and nervous Morrison is in the match. He's a good wrestler and getting recognition. His push doesn't need the U.S. title as I feel his next opponent should be Sheamus. Miz is in this as a formality. He gets the rematch he deserves. Bryan is the guy who needs the belt. I loved what they have done with him since returning and a long U.S. title reign is perfect. If he were to lose, it shows the E was making up for releasing him and didn't want him as champ. The U.S. hasn't been on a face for a long period of time since Kofi. I'm going with Bryan.

Cena vs Barrett
Stipulation Cena loses he joins Nexus, Barrett loses Nexus breaks up.
Would the E turn Cena heel? Probably not right now. If I were turning Cena, it'd be a slow burn like a candle. For example, Barrett wins and Cena hates being a part of Nexus for a while until he accepts it. He then turns full fledged heel at the Rumble. I don't see it happening tonight. I wish Nexus wouldn't go away because I like what they've done. Cena doesn't lose these matches. Cena wins but a heel turn down the line.

World Heavyweight Championship inside a Hell in a Cell
Kane (c) vs The Undertaker
Without blood, tosses off the cage or crazy spots, the Cell has lost its mojo. They should call the Cell, a big obstruction of view. The wrestlers don't use it anymore and really it gets in the way of the camera getting the good shots. If this match happened 2 years ago, we would see blood and a crazy spot or two. Taker and Kane is an old time rivalry and a Cell match is a great way to keep it going. I've really loved this feud and it's surprises. With Bearer back, I think h will turn heel and go back to Kane sometime. I mean where else can this go? We need twists and turns if this is continuing. The urn gave Taker is "power" and the Cell is his playground. I'm going with Taker.

WWE Title Hell in a Cell
Randy Orton (c) vs Sheamus
Is there anyone out there brave enough to pick Sheamus? Maybe brave isn't the word, perhaps stupid. I was dumb enough to think Jericho was walking out at last months ppv. I'm not quite this stupid though. Orton is having the biggest push since Austin. He's sky rocketed. I feel this match finishes the show with a surprise. Raw's ratings sunk to new lows and I said they shouldn't panic. I think they might. Orton is better at chasing the belt then holding it. Randy wins the Hell in a Cell and Miz cashes to become the new WWE champion. I really hope he cashes and loses.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com