Friday, October 22, 2010

Bragging Rights Pick

I'm not softening my stance on this show. Bragging Rights sucks. I don't give a crap which team will win. I do care about a few other matches on the card. I look forward to a buried alive match, something we haven't seen in years. Also Bryan and Ziggler could steal the show. The big issue since Monday has been "Stand up for WWE". I'll have my own thoughts on that in the October 25th Raw blog. For now, the focus is on Bragging Rights.

Diva Championship
LayCool (c) vs Natalya
This feud started slow and built nicely over the past few weeks. I didn't think I'd actually be looking forward to a Diva match. I just hope these two are given time. My guess is McCool will be the opponent. I'd love to boldly pick Natalya to lock the Sharpshooter in and make McCool tap. Unfortunately, I feel Laycool keeps.

Champion vs Champion
U.S. Champ Bryan vs IC Champ Ziggler
Hey WWE, don't screw up this match. How you ask? Oh, they could bring Nexus down and kill both before the bell rings. Bryan and Ziggler have a real shot to steal Bragging Rights. They've never met so it's new, both are good in ring competitors and build stories. Out of all the matches, Bryan and Ziggler is the one I want to see most. I would say I win but I have to choose someone. I'll say Bryan.

Team Raw vs Team Smackdown
Do you even care that I didn't name all the participants? I figured you didn't. The build has been the biggest of all the matches. Now it's an elimination match so it will be even longer. I simply don't give a crap either way. I hope someone turns and sets up a feud for a show. Raw wins.

WWE Title
Orton (c) vs Barrett with Cena
Is Cena going to turn heel? Probably not this Sunday. He will down the line. I have a feeling Cena will do the opposite and cost Barrett the match. Orton and Wade had a TOTAL of 2 minutes worth of interaction. Even then, they didn't say a word. That tells me WWE put to much stock in Cena and not enough in the champ or challenger. Orton wins.

Buried Alive Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (c) vs The Undertaker
If you want to set up Taker and Cena at Mania, then Cena would screw Taker. Kane did it back in 2003 to set up their second mania match at XX. That's not going to happen. I'm still rooting for Sheamus and Taker at next year's Wrestlemania. Bearer has turned so what is left of this story? Well, Taker could take time off again and return for the Rumble. I'm not sure what the hell is going to happen. I wouldn't think Taker would leave again since he just came back at Summerslam. Kane meanwhile is on the biggest push of his career and having him off TV for an extended period wouldn't make much sense either. One man leaves while the other is world champion. It's a gamble but I'm taking Kane.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com