Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Raw 10-4

I don't have much to say about Sunday. Nexus didn't dismantle and gained 2 members. Orton is the champ and Miz didn't cash which surprised me. I wish I called the Bearer turn but that's ok because it's leading towards a buried alive match. Overall, WWE delivered a solid program and some questions remained afterward. Raw should have answered some and did. But after a great pay per view, the WWE failed to follow up. No 2nd paragraph, just Raw.

Of course, Nexus opened the show. Who the hell else would come out first? I'd hoped Husky and McGillicuty had joined but Barrett shot that down. They were shown backstage so there's hope these two men will get on Raw from now on and that's excellent. Cena played his part very well during the first segment. The slow burn to a hell is going to be great.

We pretty much figured Cena wasn't going to help Tarver during their tag. I did like what the GM had to say. I don't want Cena beating the crap out of the group but rather slowly turn. You can't rush this and Bragging Rights would be to quick. November's Survivor Series could be a perfect time. I guess Tarver is out now as well. They've gotten to the point we could end up seeing another faction aside from Nexus with the guys they kicked out. Perhaps that's what we will see at Bragging Rights as Nexus could be in another big match versus the rejected Nexus members.

What the hell was that Diva match at around 8:30 ct time on Raw? Natalya makes Fox tap in 30 seconds. Ok, push Natalya but do it in real matches. This gave the fans absolutely no reason to root for Natalya to take the title from LayCool. That was a freaking joke. I could have seen a real match if they didn't spend 30 mins on Cena. Huge letdown.

I hated Sheamus beating up Bryan. How does that help the mid card champion? It ruins what they've built up and creates nothing for Bryan. I hoped a Morrison heel turn and he face Bryan or Dibiase. This killed Bryan's momentum and push. I'd rather see Sheamus do another promo. WWE had something good and then crushed it. Bryan needs a new opponent and story, that wasn't accomplished. The only saving grace was the end of the night Sheamus didn't win the battle royal so Bryan could look for revenge.

All I can say about Edge's in ring promo is, Edge rules. The J.R comment, telling Cole he's a giant tool and everything in between was fantastic. I'm relieved Edge will go to Friday night. He can face Swagger and help that show. Smack got a whole lot better because they will use Edge in the right way, meaning the sarcastic funny Edge. After what we saw in the ring though and how upset Cole was getting, it's starting to build that Cole will be the GM. This segment really helped Bragging Rights too. Edge can lead Smack or be a part of the team and Miz can do the same for Raw. Good cross promoting and at this point it was the lone bright spot.

I found LayCool annoying before and now they have mics during the match. Oh great. I could tell the Diva title means a lot when Raw had a total of 3 mins in 2 matches. That is flat out lazy. I wanted 1 real feud with LayCool and Natalya. I guess that's to much to ask. I'd hate for the writers to become overloaded with work. By all means though give me 10 backstage skits and zero camera time for the man who won at HIAC, THE WWE CHAMPION!!! No wonder ratings suck. The in ring with Dibiase, Maryse and Goldust didn't help either. Goldie was to predictable. I was hoping for Brett Dibiase or someone new to show up and hit on the French Maid, Maryse. Instead, Goldie wants the Million Dollar Belt and it does set up a mini story. I don't think anyone cares. Moving on to the main event.

The Battle Royal was a nice concept if the guy Edge was traded for (Punk? Please!) was the final entrant. I wondered why Cena wouldn't let someone eliminate him. Lawler said if he did get eliminated he should be fired or if Barrett didn't win. That settled the debate in my head. The WWE did one thing right, they kept Morrison in until the final four. His push continues. Raw at least had a good build for Orton. The changing of the guard from Cena as the hero to Orton is complete. The very moment Cena stepped over the top, left the arena and Orton's music hit was the turning point for things. Cena won't be the hero for kids now and Orton is the new face of the WWE. As far as when he got to the ring, we wasted 2 hours and 8 minutes for Orton to arrive and not one word or even an RKO. That's a big disappointment and that sums up the whole show.

Let's not sugarcoat this: Raw was $#!t. A terrible show that spent nearly 3/4ths on Cena and Nexus. Yes, it's a big story. Yes, I'm excited for Cena to turn heel. I don't need an hour and a half on how he feels. They wasted all the Divas, Bryan's push, never found out who Edge was traded for and saw our champ for 2 minutes. Add it all up and TNA could be better this week. Best show will be Smackdown by a mile. This Raw was barely watching or even writing about this week.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com