Monday, April 26, 2010

Raw 4-26

I want you to forget everything. I know Extreme Rules was last night and the pay per view was rather weak. Swagger is still the World champ and Cena, as I said, is still the WWE champ. Forget about it all. Raw has the draft and all new story lines are going to start. I said after Wrestlemania the new season begins. Well I was wrong because the new season really starts with the draft. We don't get a crappy celebrity GM, it's all about the draft and starting some new things. I really hope the WWE gives us something new because lately has been less than stellar.

Before I get to Raw, the WWE needs to pick a new theme song. Nickelback has ran its course. In fact it was old after a week. I hate Nickelback that's all I am trying to say.

The WWE did a great thing keeping Bret around and giving a great rub to the Hart Dynasty. David Hart is starting to get it and is really growing as a wrestler. The opening segment reminded me of what the tag team titles use to mean in the WWE. They don't have as many good tag teams but the division should be used a lot better than it has been in the past two or three years. I popped for the title change. A fantastic tag team match and very good opener for the draft show. Good to know tag team wrestling isn't dead in the WWE. Big Show turning on Miz made zero sense. They had a great match with the Hart Dynasty and have been a good tag team on all three shows.

Swagger needed to go over at Extreme Rules. The momentum was going all Orton's way and Swagger stopped it. He is the new man on Smackdown and if the WWE is smart, they keep Swagger as the champion for a few more months. Edge and Swagger should be a very fun feud on Friday night. Swagger has to continue beating the top men on Smackdown for fans to accept him as a champion.

The crowd had me laughing with a large we want Mickie chant during the diva tag match. The release of Mickie didn't make a lot of sense in my opinion. Beth winning the title was a huge shock. McCool has been on a role and keeping the belt made more sense and have Beth chase it to build up a nice feud. I don't give a crap that Kelly is moving to Smackdown. A good job getting the women's move out of the way and start the real draft.

I thought the Extreme rules match with Punk and Rey was a hair vs mask match. I had heard Joey Mercury was the mystery man who helped Punk win the match. The society could use one more quality wrestler because Gallows isn't. The match may have been short, it was still quality and gave Smackdown The Big Show. With Miz staying on Raw and Show on Smack, we have seen the last of ShowMiz. The over/under on how many weeks the WWE gives Show another partner because they won't know what to do with him, two months and I'm taking the under.

Sheamus is becoming a great monster heel for Raw. He has the crowd hating him, even though his dubba dubba e is pretty funny. The ShowStoppers hosts said last week Orton was heading to Smackdown and become the new man over there. I knew that wasn't the case and Orton deserves to stay on the franchise biggest T.V. show. Raw didn't start they way I wrote on the Extreme Rules pick blog with Cena saying 'the champ is here'. The Cena bit with his phone might have been the lamest thing he has ever done. Even better was his lame ass attempt to get mad on the phone. I have never heard of a champion naming his own contender. If I were the champ and could name my own contender, I would name Hornswaggle. I know I would be keeping the belt for another month that way. Stupid way to make a good main event match.

The only night when faces and heels team up and no one cares because it's all about brand loyalty. Did you even remember Yoshi Tatsu was on Raw? Yeah me neither. The finish with Dibiase and Rey could be a hell of a feud and some very good in ring performances. John Morrison is a perfect wrestler to bring over to Raw. He hasn't been used correctly. R-Truth is fun to watch and then you add in Edge to the mix. Huge movement for Raw after the battle royal.

Jericho isn't having the best of weeks. He is however one of the most giving wrestlers on the roster. Why do I say that? I haven't seen to many wrestlers step up and give the nudge to the NXT wrestlers like Jericho. He and Bryan had a match that was solid the first week and now he lost to Heath. Jericho never got a major push in WCW because the top tier guys never helped him along. Chris is the complete opposite of those idiots. By helping the young stars develop, the wrestling product is helped as well. Christian and Jericho had a beautiful match at Wrestlemania 20. The match on Raw wasn't as good for obvious reason. I would love to see a full fledged feud with these two men. I was hoping the pick was Christian so I could see a feud. However, Kofi and Jericho would be fresh.

John should be a heel on Raw. He should also take the U.S title from Miz and start feuding with all kinds of wrestlers. One good thing to come about the draft and the tag title off Miz, we might see him feud with a guy like Morrison. Swagger and Morrison are going to be headlining pay per views very soon. Their match was phenomenal. Swagger has really stepped up his game since becoming World champ. I ended up getting my wish with Christian moving to Smackdown. A perfect fit because Raw has not done enough with Christian.

Teddy starting his own group is the best thing they could do. R-Truth throwing out the Virgil card, hilarious. R-Truth and Dibiase feud is born with one bitch slap. I love Ziggler and that was a complete waste of time. He is better than being used as a time filler. Jericho coming back to Monday night is a welcome to this Raw blogger. I love writing about Jericho and how good he is even if everyone is suppose to hate him.

Batista lost to Cena via duct tape. Red Green would be proud. Duct tape is the handy man secret. If you don't get the reference just google Red Green or find him on youtube. The triple threat match was a much better idea than the original one on one contest. The match proves how many guys Raw has who can contend. Batista is leaving the WWE in another month. I am not happy with Batista winning and we will see another Batista vs Cena match at Over the Limit. I loved Edge turning heel again. He is so much better as a bad guy. We will see Edge and Orton at the next pay per view and that gets me excited. So the ending was a hit followed by a big miss for me. Although I have ignored the WWE title for the past four months so it doesn't change much for me.

The draft solidified several things with Raw. I like the changes so far with Orton and Edge. I can see a future with Dibiase and Truth. Morrison could have a feud with about anyone and make the show better. The draft will certainly start up some fresh story lines and that's the key. Does Wayne Brady have to choke a Diva next week? I sure hope so. I forgot last week so I won't this week. Be sure to check out Wasp's take on TNA Impact each and every week. Also you can listen to ShowStoppers every Tuesday afternoon for a new show. I will be back next week with another Raw blog.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com