Monday, April 12, 2010

Raw 4-12

I will not say this often, unfortunately I have to say it now. I agree with the Showstoppers hosts, the WWE needs focus. They seem to be all across the board on Raw. We know Triple H and Sheamus are going to battle again at Extreme Rules along with another WWE Title match with Cena and Batista. What else is going on Raw? Randy Orton doesn't have an opponent for the show. I would have liked to see another Dibiase Orton match. I think it's safe to say the WWE has other plans. Raw needs direction right from the start. The best damn WWE blogger on the planet continues to give you exactly what you want and thats hot opinions and a good Raw break down.

I don't love the Hoff as much as the United Kingdom. I do love Knight Rider. He did look like he was having a lot of fun which is something some celebrities fail to do. I love having Randy Orton go against Swagger at Extreme Rules. The draft is coming up so either Swagger or Orton will be heading to Smackdown. I think we know Orton isn't going anywhere. He's the best wrestler and character on Raw.

I liked Raw starting with the Diva title match. I said last week I am very close to stop writing about the Diva division. The match wasn't to long which isn't always a good thing especially when its a title match. I am not a big fan of Eve either. I liked the reversal on the DDT for the pin. I still think Maryse and Gail Kim would be a better feud. I won't complain to much since Maryse lost her title in a match instead of opening up a lock box.

Dare I say it? The Miz is the hottest rising star in the WWE. I can think of plenty of tag teams better than ShowMiz and one of them would be the Hart Foundation. I didn't think the WWE was going to keep Bret around. I am glad they did to help the Hart Dynasty. The Miz did have some sweet lines to Bret. The tag team division needs a push and this is the perfect way to do it. The two most established tag teams should be facing off each other and having them on both shows makes it even more special. I was impressed by D.H. Smith. He and Miz had a nice competitive match. I have to say I was shocked Miz picked up the victory. The champs stay on a roll. I do think we will see the Hart Dynasty end up facing ShowMiz at Extreme Rules.

I liked giving guys like Carlito and Evan an opportunity on Raw. Two mid carders who work hard and can have good matches. I thought the speed of the match could have been a little faster. The outcome was perfect with Air Bourne. Evan nails it perfectly every time. He is a guy who would be perfect for the U.S title or at least be feuding for it. I will continue to bitch about the United State championship until it is used correctly on Raw.

The WWE had some smart booking giving Otunga a chance to shine with the WWE champion. I know the champ has to look strong and getting revenge is all fine and well with me. Otunga needs to take his lumps and can't look to strong against Cena. I still couldn't careless about Batista and Cena. The booking hasn't been terrible or anything like that. I don't like either men so I am not interested in who wins or loses.

I have been reading reports that Triple H has been dealing with an injured neck since the Elimination Chamber pay per view. I assume that is why we haven't seen much of Triple H on Raw and been getting a lot of promos by Sheamus. Perhaps Sheamus will "injure" Triple H at Extreme Rules and Kofi will get a real feud with The Irish Ghost. As opposed to last week, Kofi was very much in the match with Sheamus. I was happy to see them use Kofi correctly this week. Sheamus had to use a monitor to stop Kofi. Kofi can now stay off Raw until the week after Extreme Rules and start a feud with Sheamus or go to Smackdown on draft night.

Raw has had to much Hoff tonight. I was ok with the opener and a backstage segment. The Diva Baywatch match was going a little to far. I was happy to see Santino get a part on Raw tonight. I normally hate the comedy segments of Raw. However, I don't know how you couldn't laugh at Hornswaggle running in slow motion. The WWE got me to laugh my ass off.

One year ago, Randy Orton was the most hated man on WWE television and Batista was one of the more popular wrestlers. My how things can change in one year. Randy is now becoming one of the faces in all the WWE and Batista is a giant tool. I know Batista was a giant tool a year ago, some fans weren't aware of it until now. The WWE gave us a solid main event with Batista and Orton. The match was pay per view quality in my opinion. It shows how good Orton is when he can get Batista to have a good match. The ending was perfect because Swagger needs to start looking strong if he is to face Orton at Extreme Rules. Cena got the last word which means next week Batista will get the upper hand going into the Last Man Standing match.

Raw was a solid show tonight. We finally have a World Heavyweight championship match set for Extreme Rules. The Diva title changed hands if anyone cared. I liked Evan and Carlito getting a quality match. No Triple H but that didn't hurt the feud with Sheamus since he destroyed Kofi after a good match. WWE needed to step it up with the wrestling part of Raw. I believe they did that tonight. My only gripe is where was Christian and Teddy? I can't have everything. I will be back later in the week for another blog about a certain superstar. Along with that be sure to check out Wasp, who is been doing a great job, TNA blog and of course the ever controversial Showstoppers wrestling radio show.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com