Thursday, April 22, 2010

Extreme Rules Picks

I'll be honest with you as I always am, I won't be purchasing this pay per view. I don't know if it's the weak Raw, weak card or the PG rating, I can't get myself into this Extreme Rules. The WWE has really hurt the special feel of these "unique" pay per views. The strange thing is I have enjoyed Extreme Rules in the past few years and believe there is still two worth while matches on this years card. I'll try and improve on my horrible picks I made on my Wrestlemania pick blog.

Women's Title Match
Michelle McCool (c) vs Beth Phoenix
At least one under card belt made the show. With no U.S, IC or Tag title match, the Women's title gets a chance to shine. The news of Mickie James being released from the WWE is a bit of a head scratcher. I always wanted a Mickie vs McCool vs Beth triple threat match and never got my wish. Since Mickie is gone, Beth becomes the new feud with McCool and her gang. I'm taking McCool to hold on to the belt with some help.

Strap Match
JTG vs Shad
Why did Cryme Tyme break up? The bigger question is does anyone care? Nope. I'll take Shad and move on.

Hair vs Mask
Punk vs Rey
Last year, Rey was in a similar match with Jericho for the IC belt and stole the show. One of my favorite pay per views is Armageddon in 2008 because Jeff Hardy won his first World Title. The other reason, Punk and Rey had an incredible match. I felt their match at Mania was short of my expectations. Rey will not lose his mask. The mask is to important to him, plus a huge revenue for the WWE since little kids love buying them. Rey Rey will wins and Punk will look like his bald girlfriend. Will Punk keep his bushy beard?

Street Fight
Triple H vs Sheamus
Good match at Mania and I expect something more here. I think if Raw would have been a normal show, Triple H would have gotten over on Sheamus. Triple H has a bromance on Sheamus. I think Sheamus earned Trips respect at Wrestlemania and will have no problem putting over the Irish Ghost. Give me Sheamus.

Cage Match
Edge vs Jericho
I felt this was another match that fell short at Wrestlemania. I don't care if I don't get blood in this match. Go back and watch Bret vs brother Owen in their cage match, no blood, still a great match. Edge lost out on the opportunity to regain the World title at Wrestlemania. I think it's time he gets a clean pinfall over Jericho. I'll take the spear and the three count for the Rated R Superstar.

World Heavyweight Championship Extreme Rules Match
Jack Swagger (c) vs Randy Orton
All the Showstoppers hosts are in an agreement Swagger will lose and Orton is the man on Smackdown after the draft. Where does it say Orton can't be the man on Smackdown without the World title? The WWE is trying to push Swagger so you don't take the belt off of him. I called Orton the new face of wrestling and in order to be that he has to help elevate other wrestlers. Randy did just that at the Royal Rumble with Sheamus. Now he will do the same thing for Jack Swagger. Swagger keeps the belt.

WWE Title Last Man Standing Match
John Cena (c) vs Batista
No secret, I hate both men. John on Showstoppers made a mistake when he said everytime Cena is in a LMS match he wins. One year ago, Cena lost to Edge in this same match only the show was Backlash not Extreme Rules. One year later, Cena will pick up the victory and successfully defend his WWE title. Raw will begin with the same old "The champ is here."

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com