Monday, June 7, 2010

Raw 6-7

A three hour Raw means a special blog. Raw last week set us up for some nice stories heading towards yet another pay per view. I expect more in ring wrestling tonight because of the extra hour. I know last Raw blog was a little harsh towards John Morrison. I was only trying to make a point that he is not ready for a mega push. I could careless about seeing the A-Team more than once on the show. Raw can always surprise me and the viewers choice is no exception. I hope the concept works better than those crappy Cyber Sunday pay per view.

This spot is usually preserved for bashing the ShowStoppers host, except John since I like him. I am not going to bash anyone. Instead, I will use this spot for my opinion on a hot topic after last weeks Raw. Every message board, tom, dick and harry who watches wrestling has an opinion on Evan Bourne being in the main event. Look, we can all agree he will never be world champion. I'm no insider, but Vince seems to harp on guys who are small. Here's a solution to the problem at hand. Superstars has been a nice show to utilize the under card guys. I am all for this concept. Except now the WWE has an under card who can be used for.... a cruiserweight division. Turn the Superstars show into strictly a cruiserweight show. Evan Bourne, Rey Rey, Chavo, Tyson Kidd, Primo, Tatsu and the list goes on, could all be used for the show. Some people want an all Diva show to replace Superstars. Considering the WWE fails to ever make the Divas look good or write a great story for them, why would I tune in? The cruiserweights make the most sense for the show. Revamp it and I will watch it every week. Oh and since one man was responsible for the cruiserweights in the United States (no not Bischoff), Paul Heyman. I hire him to write for the show.

Both GM's starting the show was a good idea. We needed to know how the voting was going to work. I'm not sure about the whole one armed match. I would hate to see Orton get hurt or aggravate his shoulder. The WWE should have used texting in this voting process. I know most people have the Internet, everyone has a cell phone. The voting is like TNA Top Ten, your vote didn't count. I also hated the three choices of the first poll.

I want a real match between Show and Jericho not something stupid like a challenge.I have been all for Show and his giant push on Smackdown. The story with the Undertaker opened the door for someone new to get in the title hunt. Rey is a great athlete and I enjoy watching his matches. A better choice would have been Christian. Say it came down to Rey, Ziggler, Christian and Kane in the battle royal. Rey flings Kane over much like he did to win. Ziggler tosses Rey over to be in the final two with Christian. Christian and Ziggler could have gone at it for a few minutes. Ziggler could have came close and then end up losing in the match in controversial fashion. Now you set up Ziggler and Christian for a few more weeks and a match for the spot at Fatal Four Way. Christian would win the final encounter and then at the ppv, Ziggler costs Christian the match. The feud continues and has a special twist. Yes, I wrote all of this during the challenge that's how much I loved the first match of the night. I have a lot of respect for you since you read this blog. Which is why I refused to discuss the first viewer's choice.

I shouldn't mention much on the Kahli and Hornswaggle versus the Dynasty either. Give me a damn break. I'm not an idiot and neither are you. Do we really want to see this crap? Hell No. The fans didn't want to see Usos after they beat up the Dynasty two weeks in a row. If that were the case and the voting wasn't rigged, I have some serious issues with the WWE universe. We are going to see the Dynasty and Usos at the pay per view. I am all for that. I would like to see a preview of that. I hope we see Tamina and Natalya hook it up soon.

While Raw caught us up to date on the entire Undertaker situation, I had a thought about the story. Why the hell didn't someone get to attack the Undertaker to put them over even more as a heel. Kane did it twice on his "brother". Swagger is going to be the guy. Let's say it wasn't and we could pick someone else. Who would it be? Drew the chosen one McIntrye is perfect. Mr. McMahon never liked the Undertaker very much. Drew would be doing Vince a favor. No, let's just write Taker off and have Kane go after everyone. The promo in the ring was fantastic and got Kane over. Don't be stupid and make it Kane as the culprit.The WWE completely wasted the first hour. Aside from Bret and Orton in the beginning, this Raw sure as sucked.

I like Santino and Kozlov. I thought they were teaming up and that was that. A dance off, a body slam challenge, Kahli and hornswaggle teaming up all in one hour. Bring back Triple H tonight to save this awful hour of "wrestling". By the way, when Triple H does come back, make him the kick ass, sledge hammer wielding Triple H. As opposed to DX smart Alic, to much smiling Triple H.

If this was really a viewer's choice, it would be me vs the Bella Twins. The first time in the evening I was ok with the viewer's choice. The booking was well done for the battle royal. Raw shouldn't be highlighting Layla and Cool. Maryse and Eve have been the real story for the Divas on Raw. It's to bad Maryse has ignored my emails, phone calls and love letters, we could have been special together.

The real show started with Kane eye balling Sheamus. Now that is a feud I could get into. Sheamus attacking Taker would make Sheamus a huge heel. Finally, after an hour of pure crapola, Kane and Sheamus gave us a real contest. The count out was a weak. The match prior to the end was pretty good. Sheamus has looked very weak two weeks in a row. That has to change next Monday night.

I love the IRS. Teddy and the A Team was pretty lame. I have a feeling the movie will also be lame. I wish Truth would rap something different to the ring. I like the whats up thing. Just change up the words. Morrison returns after another injury. I rooted for Ziggler and Christian. I may not agree with Miz... ever. I did when he said the fans don't have a clue what they want. With Morrison returning and Ryder being "voted" in the tag match, this could be the next little Raw feud. The match should have been a two segment long match up. Here's hoping at the Fatal Four Way ppv it's Truth vs Morrison vs Miz vs Ryder for the US title.

The conchairto on the shoulder of Orton might take him out of the WWE title match. Randy has a legit injury. I don't know how serious. Edge had to do something special this week. I don't like how either heel in the WWE title match has been booked until Edge did that. He finally looked strong and a real contender. A Mean Gene sighting! You have to love Mean Gene. He could still do backstage interviews for any company.

Drew and Matt Hardy have had a great feud going but the WWE screwed this one up. The universe was ready to see Hardy take on Drew. They should have waited until Fatal Four Way to have the match. Now they showed us Hardy can defeat Drew which took away a special send off on the ppv. We might get a rematch at the show but I don't know why you would be pumped to see it again.

Give Piper a mic and I could watch him for an hour. Seriously, imagine Piper and Flair in their heyday in this wrestling environment. They would have 10,000 in ring promos. Dusty is another great talker. Even though the segment was a huge waste of time, seeing Piper, Dusty and Mean Gene made it worth something.

The main event out of every possibility, Punk was the best choice. Michael Cole could say vintage Cena after the whole five moves he does. Why the hell would you have the entire NXT season one guys attack Cena? Daniel Bryan was a face two weeks ago and now he is beating up the champion. I get they are pissed about losing the show. They tore down the ring even. The crowd didn't even know what to make of the proceedings. I couldn't be more confused on how to explain this crap. Punk tried to save Cena? A really stupid and confusing end to Raw.

I normally have good things to say about Raw. I have very little on this blog. Raw was a joke in the first hour. Caught my attention in the second hour for a few minutes. The third hour has almost left me speechless. Did the end suck or confuse me? I don't know how to feel about the finish. I can't recall if they said who was hosting next week and I guess it doesn't matter. Keep tuning into ShowStoppers each week and keep coming back to the best damn WWE blogger on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com