Monday, June 21, 2010

Raw 6-21

I will admit Fatal Four Way didn't suck as bad as Extreme Rules. The concept actually worked and we got a few good matches. I wish the WWE had announced the Dynasty Uso and Jericho Bourne matches before the event. I wouldn't have paid 50 bucks for the show but those two matches made it more tempting. I was puzzled by a few of the moves made last night. No guest host tonight and for that I say thank goodness. You know we have to break down Fatal Four Way before we start to Raw.

So long Swagger. Your time as World Champ is over with and now you can go back to mid card wrestler. Rey makes a good champion because of his stature, fans get behind him. I'm not sold Swagger wasn't doing a good job. I think Swagger had the fans hating him and that was a good thing. I would hate to see him fall down the ladder. He and Rey should battle for the WHC and hopefully he can get back on the good graces of the WWE management. The other big news is Sheamus winning the WWE title. I love it. He deserves a long run and hopefully he will carry the belt past Summerslam. As far as NXT finishing the show, I was all for that as well. They need a leader soon. We have all heard reports of Michael Cole, Triple H and Chris Jericho. Out of that group, I say Jericho. However, there is another man that keeps coming to mind. He lost his WWE title last night. Yes, I am talking about the man who has gotten the crap kicked out of him by these same men. John Cena went off on the Long Island crowd last night after the show. Cena was booed out of the building. Is it time to finally turn Cena heel? The best way to do it would be having him become the NXT leader. It will never happen but it would shock the wrestling world much like NXT did a few weeks ago ambushing Cena.

WWE could you please pick 'Let Me Hear You Scream' by Ozzy as the new theme song for Raw. You would be doing everyone a favor because cool people hate Nickelback. Thank you. I love Vince and I love Bret Hart. I saw enough of that feud back at Mania. I don't want to see it again. Vince firing Bret is stupid. Bret was doing a good job. The computer general manager is even dumber. A GM has to be shown. This is lousy and lazy booking. It screams of, 'We don't know who could be GM, so we will just use a computer'. Sheamus had a great in ring promo. He had me fooled for a minute. The e-mails were ridiculous but the main event was a good idea. I like seeing a WWE title match on free television. Something tells me we are not going to see a clear winner though.

A fantastic match with Evan and Jericho. Raw should have more matches like that every single week. I don't want to see Jericho ever and I mean EEEEver leave the WWE again. Evan and Jericho could have another match and I certainly would not be upset. There match in the past two nights has out shined almost anything else. Now if the WWE would hype the feud up and let Evan and Jericho talk, this could be the second best feud on Raw.

Teddy is one lucky bastard. He also had one of the best lines of the night. I think it's great to put Maryse and Teddy together. Maybe now he won't be the laughing stock on Raw and can start something real. NXT beating up the Dynasty works for me. I wanted to see more from the Uso Hart feud. Can the WWE ever finish one story and then start a new one? I guess not tonight. The Dynasty won the tag titles and once again they push the titles aside for another story. It can't be that hard to write a good story for the Dynasty without adding NXT.

The NXT guys suck on the mic. Their in ring promo proves everything I have said in the past. They need a damn leader to talk for all these men. The crowd seemed disinterested by the time Wade grabbed the mic. I like the WWE having a brand new stable and making their mark on Raw. We haven't seen a big stable like this in years. I want them to have a leader though. This Raw is hit and miss all at the same time.

I would have rather seen Teddy get back in action with Morrison. Although the WWE must be starting to see something in Ryder. I saw it a long time ago. The match was pretty entertaining. Morrison should start getting pushed some. Not to the moon but start winning matches and gain some momentum. Miz and him could be the match at the next pay per view.

Anything with the Great Kahli is never good. I was impressed with the moonsault by Eve. Alicia Fox and Eve can have a good feud. Eve has been improving and maybe the crowd can get behind her if she is chasing the title instead of caring it. Most fans won't care about the Diva's no matter what the WWE does with them. That is unless they are posing in Playboy. I don't mind seeing the Diva's if they have a good story or can wrestle. We just never get to see anything develop with them.

I could really get into a Orton Miz story. We have never seen it so it's new. It felt fresh until Edge came out and speared Orton again. The one positive is Orton is now a 100 percent and he and Edge could have a real match since Orton got hurt in their first and were in a four way match last night. Now they might be able to have a real contest.

The main event with Sheamus and Cena was worked very well by both men. However, if NXT got what they wanted then why continue to attack Cena? I don't understand. Again the story over shadows the WWE title. Beating up Vince takes him out of the running to be the leader. I couldn't tell if the crowd was appreciative or shocked. Shocked after it was over. A large NXT chant was very funny from the crowd. The NXT guys are certainly leaving there mark all over the place. We haven't seen anything like this since NWO. I just don't want the WWE to write it like the NWO and so far they have. At least they aren't adding 10 million other wrestlers to the group.

Raw was up and down. We saw a great match with Jericho and Bourne. Sheamus and Cena had a very nice match as well. The NXT guys will be who everyone remembers. I hate that. I know fans love the NXT angle and it got better tonight beating Vince up. I want this to be headlining Raw but not ruling Raw. You can have other things going on which would make the whole show great. I hate the new GM emailing Michael Cole. As I said that's just being lazy. We need a figure head to know who is in charge. WWE is going to keep pushing the NXT guys down our throat. I just wish they could book it to where fans might remember something besides NXT.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com