Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fatal Four Way Picks 100th Celebration

This is suppose to be a celebration because it is my 100th blog. The problem is the pay per view has only four freaking matches with one more scheduled to be part of the show on Smackdown. The entire ppv is being over looked by the NXT story. Are these guys going to attack every wrestler on the card? How often will they be shown Sunday? We have some good matches on the card and no one seems to give a crap. We are also missing Hart Dynasty vs Usos. Fatal Four Way may end up being a worse show than Extreme Rules.

I told you this was going to be a special blog. I thought it would be a good idea to have a little fun with the Fatal Four Way concept. I called up the hosts from Showstoppers and asked them for some help. You were to choose four guys from specific decades and couldn't use a wrestler twice. Let's see what Larry had first followed by John's and then I will break down both men's choices.

Larry
80s Hogan vs. Kerry Von Erich vs. Bruiser Brody vs. Macho man Randy savage!

90s Stone cold vs. The Rock vs. Sting vs. HBK

00s HHH vs. Undertakervs. Kurt angle vs. Goldberg

Current Cena vs. Jeff Hardy vs. A J Styles vs. John Morrison

John
80's - Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan vs Bret Hart vs Andre The Giant

90's - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels vs The Rock vs Sting

00's - Triple H vs Goldberg vs Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker

Now - John Cena vs Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton vs Rob Van Dam

Ok, I don't mind what Larry did with his 80's four way. No surprise both men had the same 90's and 00's four way. I was shocked by John having Bret on his 80's match. Larry kept the Morrison man crush going with him on the card. My only question was where the hell was Orton, Larry? The biggest star is off your card. Not a good idea. As far as mine goes...

80's Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan vs Sting vs Rowdy Roddy Piper.

90's Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels vs The Rock vs Bret Hart.

00's Triple H vs The Undertaker vs Angle vs Rey Mysterio

Current Cena vs Jeff Hardy vs Orton vs AJ Styles

I'm with the guys on including Styles and Jeff Hardy. These two men are fantastic wrestlers and even if I don't care about TNA, they needed on the card. I like 80's Sting more. I loved the bleach blond hair and the screaming. Easy to see Austin, Rock and Michaels in the 90's. My Bret Hart bromance had to be thrown in the mix. The only question I'm sure you may have is why the hell did I add Rey Mysterio. The way I see it, I don't like Goldberg and Rey would be so much fun to watch in this match. Angle could chuck him in a few German suplexes. Rey would be flying around trying to knock down Taker and Trips. It was between Rey and Jericho. Undercarders perform so well and should get some love. I would love to hear your Fatal Four Way decade matches. Send me an email to Jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com. The best one will end up on my Raw blog next Monday.

United States Title
The Miz (c) vs R-Truth
I am glad to see Truth get a nice pay per view match. I hated the WWE giving the title back to Miz. Now I see no chance of Truth gaining it back. I really think we are heading for a Morrison Miz feud. The WWE doesn't know what else to do so go back to what worked once before. Truth deserved a long reign as champion and the WWE slipped up on this story. You could fix the mistake and give it back to Truth. Won't happen. Miz keeps the US title.

Fatal Four Way Diva Title
Eve (c) vs Maryse vs Alicia Fox vs Gail Kim
Eve has held the belt for quite some time. I wrote about Kim and how talented she is on the Raw blog. She is the most talented wrestler in this match. Fox is mainly for a filler as she shouldn't get the belt. Eve hasn't looked to strong in the past few weeks since winning the title until winning the tag match on Raw. Maryse won the Diva battle royal on the viewer's choice and seems ready for the title run again. This is a complete toss up. I will take Eve to keep for now. I might change my mind 20 times before the show.

IC title
Kofi (c) vs Drew McIntyre
I think this will be a show stealer. Give these two athletes time to build a great story in the squared circle and we could witness a five star match. I have come to enjoy Drew and his chosen one story. In fact I think next to Punk, he's the best heel on Smackdown. Drew might be ready to headline a pay per view late in the year. He draws great heat and doesn't need the belt. Matt keeps interfering as well and that feud doesn't need a belt. The fans are into it without the belt. Kofi should keep and battle Ziggler and add Christian into the mix. I say Kofi keeps the Intercontinental championship.

Fatal Four Way World Heavyweight Championship
Jack Swagger (c) vs CM Punk vs Rey Rey vs The Big Show
Will Kane come out and beat the hell out of everyone? How about the NXT guys showing up and taking out the Smackdown stars? Rey has been having some fantastic matches over the past several weeks. His match with Swagger last week on Smackdown was unbelievable. A three segment match and a victory will certainly spark some fans to think he could win the world title again. Big Show isn't ready because I'm not sure the fans would keep the pops coming if he won the belt. Punk equals greatness. He has the crowd eating out of his hand right now. He's a hard working athlete in the ring. He doesn't need the belt for the boos. Swagger does need it. If he lost the belt, he would fall back down the ladder considerably. The All American American American needs to keep the belt until Summerslam. Swagger is my pick.

Fatal Four Way WWE Championship
Cena (c) vs Sheamus vs Edge vs Orton
The hosts of SS were at a fork in the road. All three of them took different men. I would love to see Sheamus get the belt back and have a nice long run as champion. The only guy they didn't pick was Edge. Yes he is one of my boys and I like Edge. No title reign is needed for Edge. Randy seems to be back in full force as shown on Raw. The WWE title would put Orton's face turn over the top with many fans. He has to get a new feud after this show. Orton and Edge has ran its course. Orton needs something fresh. I would love to see a Jericho Orton feud and last through the rest of the summer. NXT is going to come out in this one. WWE could be setting up a Barrett vs Cena match at Summerslam. That's where I think they are going. Cena is keeping the belt.

I want to thank you for showing your support for me over the past year and these first 100 blogs. You are what keeps me going. The first 100 were pretty good. The next 100 will be even better. I bet they are better than this pay per view Sunday. WWE has to do more than the NXT story to keep me involved in their product. I will see you next Monday for another Raw blog. The best damn WWE blogger will keep plugging away just for you.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com