Monday, June 28, 2010

Raw 6-28

After last week, the NXT continued to be the talk of the wrestling world. No matter if I didn't care much for the show, it seems NXT is ruling the wrestling sites, message boards and headlines. We now know Mr. McMahon isn't the leader behind NXT. I won't mention anything about the Celebrity host (thought that was over with). I haven't liked what the show has been doing aside from NXT. Maybe tonight we get back on track. No second paragraph, straight into Raw.

Nexuses? That's the name of the group. Who came up with that crappy name? I'm pretty sure Sheamus is getting more cheers each week. Mocking Cena's stupid little saying got me to pop for the Irish Ghost. I wish we could get a different main event for the WWE title. Cena has been in the title hunt for way to long. It would be sweet for a new guy to come out and take Cena out and turn Cena's attention to something other than the WWE title. It's so lame that freaking emails interrupt the in ring promos. We need to have a figure head who can come out because hearing Michael Cole talk even more is not a good thing. I do believe Sheamus and Cena in a cage match is a great addition to the card. Beginning of Raw, seems like all the time, was hit and miss.

Come on WWE! You are freaking ruining everything the Dynasty built up as the Tag champs. They had a great match with ShowMiz to win the belts. What have they done since? Nothing. I want a real damn match between the Uso's and the Dynasty. Why didn't the lame GM make the match for Money in the Bank? Oh because that would make sense.

Santino continues to get the crowd behind him and it's because of his charisma, charm and he is always smiling. I can remember Larry telling me Kozlov will never make it over a year in the WWE. Hey, I got one right. I defended Kozlov and I think he and Santino will make a nice tag team. They will certainly be entertaining. I have a math question for you. Kahli + microphone = ? You can answer that anyway you want. Nobody and I mean nobody gave a crap Runjah is gone. If that's the case, why did I write about it? Because I could see your head nodding violently in approval. That's why.

I don't understand why the participants didn't have to qualify. You have 8 spots and couldn't come up with 16 wrestlers who could wrestle for those spots. We would have saw some good matches and the MITB match would have meant more. No, just throw those guys in the match and call it good. Lazy ass booking much like the emailing GM.

Sheamus hasn't done his Celtic cross finisher for quite sometime. I wonder if it has to do with HHH being hurt from it. Sheamus looked strong getting over on Mark Henry but it's been a long time since that meant anything. Once again, the WWE title isn't the thing I am remembering about the show.

No one mentions it but Ricky the Dragon Steamboat would make a fantastic general manager. I can't believe I forgot about him. Many people have forgot about Ricky and that's a shame. Ricky would wow the crowd and keep people interested. The other guy is Arn Anderson. Arn is a great talker and wouldn't it be strange to see Arn on WWE while Flair on TNA TV. That would be very interesting. Arn made my point for me. He had the best and most heartfelt speech of them all. I was going to complain that Nexuses couldn't beat up a bunch of old men. They did it right by picking them off one by one. I know Nexuses has to be pushed and made not to look weak. Eventually, they will fall. It's inevitable. The Raw roster is more powerful than 7 men. You can keep building for weeks and weeks Nexuses up. There still has to be a payoff down the line. That's what hurt the NWO. They looked so strong that no one man could hurt them. I'm good with that because right now the only man who could destroy Nexuses is the 1999 version of Stone Cold Steve Austin or Goldberg. WCW never gave the payoff of seeing NWO get theirs. No, they ultimately destroyed the group into 2 groups and all hell broke loose. I would like to think the WWE is smarter than that. I hear the talk of War Games will be the payoff. Hell yes that would be excellent. Also, these guys are under contract so the GM decides they don't need matches and no WWE star can hurt them or they will be suspended. My head just exploded, you may have to finish this Raw blog by yourself.

Maryse calmed me down a little. Gail Kim should get a push for the Diva title. I'm getting tired of Eve and Maryse vying for the spot. Gail never had a shot to have the belt for a long run. Push Fox for a while and have her feud with Kim. It would be something different.

As much as I complain about not having the WWE title showcased by ending Raw. I liked having the mid carders finish Raw tonight. They are the under card for a reason. Sometimes they need to be shown they can headline a show. Now I know some of the men were not mid carders. Jericho, Orton and Edge are multiple time world champions. However, even those guys have been pushed away to make room for Nexuses. That's why I was complaining last week that you can have multiple stories on one show. As far as the MITB match at the ppv, I would like to see one of three guys win. Teddy because it would be fantastic to watch him walk around talking about how he would win since he has a plenty of money and now owns the most important briefcase. John Morrison so Larry and everyone else will shut the hell up. Chris Jericho is the third. I feel Jericho has been pushed down to much. The only reason is he is now doing a game show. Big deal. Chris is still a great performer and deserves a chance to showcase the talent with one of the world title on his shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I love Orton even if I didn't mention him as a potential winner. He's back to 100 percent. He was made to look very strong on Raw. I called Orton the new face of wrestling. He's been super over and doesn't need the case. Randy should be getting a world title shot regardless of what happens at MITB ppv. I'm happy he was the one to win and remember from the main event.

I liked the end of Raw. The beat down on the legends got the Nexuses over even if it didn't make total sense. I still want to see them in real matches and not beat downs. Randy Orton being the last face I saw was perfect. I love him a hell of a lot more than Cena. I know the WWE title should be the finish to Raw, tonight was a bit surprising and a nice change. I get tired of seeing Cena shoved down our throat. The real wrestling fans are backing Orton so get every fan loving Orton by having him end the show. Best part of tonight? Rob Zombie was on camera for less than five minutes proving the guest gm is worthless. Keep up on all wrestling with Showstoppers and Wasp's TNA blog right here on BBSD.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com