Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Raw 6-14

The big news coming from the WWE has certainly been the NXT take over from last weeks Raw. I couldn't wrap my brain around it at first. Tonight, we should get a real explanation on what the hell is going on. Some guy from the USA network show is hosting, doesn't it even matter. The guest host thing has ran its course. There was one announcement the WWE released on Friday night that certainly upset this WWE blogger.

How the hell could the WWE let go of the best wrestler on NXT? Daniel Bryan was the most talked about and well rounded of all the season one NXT wrestlers. The reasoning was because he choked one of the announcers by his tie. Big deal! Yeah the Beniot tragedy was horrendous and shouldn't come up in conversations. It also happened years ago and I don't find the act Bryan did as that bad. Maybe the producer shouldn't have zoomed in on the act either. He didn't deserve to be let go by the company. If the WWE is smart with this news, they turn it around and make it part of the much bigger story with the NXT invasion.

The in ring promo was weak to say the least. Everyone said the same boring thing only different explanations. I liked having all of them come down and then they started talking. I was shocked they said Bryan and actually made him a face. The NXT take over and speculation didn't last long. A contract? That's all they wanted. Bret stop saying WWF. I didn't like the beginning of Raw. They story had all the momentum in the world and Bret comes out and fires all of them. I would have rather seen beat downs for a few more weeks. I talked about what I wanted to see out of this program last week in a NXT specific blog. This was certainly not close to what I wanted. WWE, you f'd this up big time.

Even if I wanted to see this match on the pay per view, I will definitely take it free on Raw. I like all four guys, as much as I discredited certain aspects of Morrison a few blogs back. Raw needs these mid card wrestlers to step their game up. I praised Smackdown and I will continue because I always see two solid wrestling contests every week. Rey Swagger and Ziggler Christian were the two this past Friday. Morrison over the top power bomb flip shows how great, exciting and reckless he can be. The match was ppv quality. Taking the title off of Truth feels like a mistake. He has been gaining a huge fan base. Morrison and Miz is the next feud.

I was pissed off last week with the viewer's choice. What a damn joke. Jericho has been booked to look weak for months. Evan kicked out of the Codebreaker was incredible. I didn't see that coming. I know Evan is getting a big push. I would have rather seen a much longer two segment match. Hopefully this starts a Bourne Jericho feud because my wrestling appetite is ready for more. Jericho is leaving soon for an ABC game show. Okay that's cool. Don't bury him on the way out like Batista.

Cena should be fired. He used the word Radicals and Chris Beniot was a part of the Radicals ten years ago. Get rid of him. That would make about as much sense as releasing Bryan. Now having Cena call them back out and wanting them to come back was a good idea. Most people would prefer a 6 man brawl end Raw. However that would have been a bad idea. You don't want to over shadow the WWE title.

A fatal four way Diva title match is surprising to be on the card. A bigger surprise would be if the WWE gave Kim the title. She has never been in a good story since coming from TNA. Kim never even competed in the match. I get so pissed off when the booking is so stupid. She is a solid in ring performer and should at least been used.

Good to know little Teddy can wrestle again. He must be over the concussion. Teddy has turned into Chavo. He gets made fun of every week from the celebrity host. Come on, it's time to get Teddy back on track. He's better than this. He is wasting away on Raw and needs a real feud and fast. Drop Virgil and start pushing the talented man. Even Santino, who is a joke but in a funny good way, has a feud going. Teddy can't get anything good to happen to him and Santino can beat Regal. Also would have liked to see the Dynasty and Uso feud here instead of Santino and Regal waste a few minutes. No mention of their feud and I believe they have a match at Fatal Four Way.

Is it wrong that I have become a huge Sheamus fan? I like the Irish ghost. Randy has been losing steam because of his shoulder injury. I think it has hurt his face push. The fans are still well behind him and the pop is big. The pop was bigger say five weeks ago. Once he gets a hundred percent, the WWE will push him again. The main event was given time which was nice. The four biggest names deserved time to develop a good in ring story. I liked Cena getting the beat down in the match. Obviously Orton couldn't take all the bumps because of his shoulder. I talked about the pops and when Orton got the hot tag the crowd went nuts. The great curve ball would be to give Sheamus the belt Sunday since he was booked the worst going into Fatal Four Way. The giant curve ball again to end Raw was the limo smashing take over of NXT. Different from last week and I liked it. We all know they weren't going anywhere and this is a great opportunity to get them what they want. I still don't like that all they want is contracts. You can demand a lot more. NXT should continue to beat the crap out of people for more than one week.

Raw didn't confuse me like last week. I am starting to understand where the WWE is going with the story. NXT is gaining more momentum. I didn't care the main event was cut short and we never got a winner. NXT is a big story and should be used that way. You can't forget about the top 4 guys on Raw and the biggest title in the WWE. You can do both if you play it smart. We know they don't always do it the right way or the smart card. BBSD is always playing the smart card. Not sure why I keep plugging Showstoppers since they never mention my blog. But in case you want to listen to two morons and one smart guy (take a guess on who I am referring to as smart, starts with J) hop on over to the radio tab and listen to ShowStoppers. I will be back Thursday morning for a very big and important pick blog. Why is it big and important? Find out Thursday morning.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com