Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NXT the next NWO

I left you abruptly on the Monday night blog. I couldn't get my head on straight from what was happening in the final ten minutes of Raw. I'm sorry. Stuff like that never happens to me. When the WWE surprises me, you know you got a good story going. I think everyone is getting real excited over what we could be witnessing. As the best damn WWE blogger on the plant, it is my obligation to give you the truth on the NXT group.

The WWE has not had this much excitement about a story since buying WCW. We are all wondering is this the start of the next big stable in wrestling. It looks promising from what we saw on Raw. I, for one was upset over it. I liked where the WWE was heading with Bryan and the Miz. Bryan was having great promos, showing passion and getting the fans behind him. Plus he beat up Cole. The brakes were slammed on that story very quickly. To quickly in fact.

I am all for pushing the young talent. I didn't complain to much when Sheamus got a mega push, even if it was to early in his young career. Wade won a title shot on a pay per view when he "won" the first season of NXT. The set up seems to be Cena vs Barrett down the line. I am good with that if it's done correctly. Monday night was the best way to showcase the NXT boys. Have them come out and take care of the biggest dog in the yard. It might be to soon for Barrett to get that kind of push. As long as the NXT guys run rough shot over everyone then I think it could work.

The real problem is finding the right guy to do the promos and talk for this group. Gabriel, Tarver, Slater can't talk much. Barrett is fairly decent, not top of the list either. I would say Bryan but don't think he could work out. The A Lister Otunga has the best shot in the group to get over as a total heel. I heard reports of having Michael Cole become the voice of NXT. The Showstoppers host spoke about this scenario. I hate it. Cole sucks behind the desk, how the hell is he ever going to pull of good promos? The crowd believed in Bryan when he was pissed at Cole so it's possible. However unlikely that Cole could put these boys over the top by himself. Cole isn't Bischoff. He can't do what Bischoff did for the NWO. But as I said he can't do it himself. Now if you add one man to the mix, this stable and story takes on a whole new life.

What man am I talking about? The man who has been on hiatus for the last few months, Good Ole JR, Jim Ross. Yes a Michael Cole Jim Ross feud would do wonders for the WWE. We all believe there is real heat between the two. Jim is an old school wrestling man. He loves the history of wrestling. The fans adore Jim and would certainly back him.

Imagine the NXT guys in the ring in a few weeks after beating the crap out of most of the roster and talking about the master mind of the whole plan and turn towards the broadcasters table. Cole gets up and announces that he has been the one scheming for the group. He gets in the ring starts talking about being pushed around for years. Blah blah blah and then... Boomer Sooner Boomer Sooner! Out comes Jim Ross. He starts talking about history of wrestling and how the guys in the back worked their asses off to get to where they are. How he signed most of the big stars while Cole finds some second rate stooges to puppeteer. He has a plan of his own and the WWE stars start coming down the ramp and through the crowd. Once the ring is surrounded Jim gives them one more big surprise for the NXT group. The lights go out and it's pitch dark in the arena. The crowd is going nuts for The Undertaker. The lights come on and Taker is in the middle of the ring. I must say now that is a one hell of a story.

Will any of this happen? I would love to see it. The NXT guys become the group that took out the Undertaker, which completely turns the story into a great new direction. Jim Ross comes back on TV. The WWE could go a million ways. The one mistake they could ill afford to make is have this group get the crap kicked out of them come the first pay per view match. These guys have to be pushed and pushed hard for the fans to truly believe. The story is very intriguing and I look forward to the pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com