Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Royal Rumble Prediction

I guess this is it. I am having a difficult time putting into words how this feels. I know this isn't goodbye yet, I love writing so much that any hiatus hurts me. I know it would have been easy to give all my predictions on ShowStoppers and moved on. The pick blog always brought me luck so that is why I decided to write one more. I told Larry and John on Showstoppers I will go out on perfection. I think the WWE has done a decent job with the build up towards the Rumble. The only gripe I have is how the Sheamus Randy Orton WWE title match came about. The road to Wrestlemania starts with the Rumble.

Women's Title Match
Michelle McCool (c) vs Mickie James

Michelle McCool has been making fun of Mickie for weeks now. The McCool James feud has finally made the Women's title relevant. I don't think McCool is the best wrestler and is well behind the in ring skills of Mickie. The skills Michelle lacks in the ring, she backs up with her mic skills. I believe the WWE will put together a Mickie, Beth Phoenix and McCool match for Wrestlemania. They would make a great showing for the Diva division. Mickie would need to be the champion walking in at that match. I think Layla will get involved in the match somehow. She will screw up and cost Michelle the title. My pick is a new Women's champion Mickie James.

ECW Title Match
Christian (c) vs Ezekiel Jackson

I talked about Christian losing this match and then winning the Rumble later on in the night on ShowStoppers. I know there is no chance for this to happen since I don't write for the WWE. I thought it would be a great idea though. Ezekiel is a nice complementary wrestler. He has a nice look but he isn't championship material. Christian will be in the Money in the Bank match at wrestlemania. The roster on ECW doesn't have a guy to headline with Christian at Mania. ECW needs Christian more than Christian needs ECW. The peeps are screaming for Christian to be on a big show. He deserves it and will once the draft comes around again. I can't go against one of my FWF wrestlers. My pick is Christian to retain his title.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
The Undertaker (c) vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

If you remember the 2008 Royal Rumble, you will recall Rey was in a World Heavyweight Championship match with Edge. I am having the same thoughts I had back then for this match. Rey is a filler between Edge and The Undertakers match at Wrestlemania. Now Rey is a filler between The Undertaker and Shawn's rematch at this years Wrestlemania. I have no problems with this match since I don't think Taker and Rey have been in a one on one contest. The Undertaker doesn't have much more he can give so I think it makes sense if the WWE puts him against guys he has never faced. I can hear Larry screaming "Cena has never faced Taker and you didn't want that at Wrestlemania." I know and that is true. I didn't want to see that and still don't. Rey will face Punk at Wrestlemania in a hair vs mask match. Taker will retain the title at the Rumble.

WWE Title Match
Sheamus (c) vs Randy Orton

The news breaking today is Randy Orton signed a brand new ten year contract with the WWE. Thank you Randy. You are one of my favorite wrestlers right now and I would hate to see you go anywhere. You have blossomed into a special athlete in the squared circle and it's a pleasure to write about you on the Raw blog. I know some fans have a hard time seeing Sheamus walk around with the WWE title. He hasn't been on Raw for even 6 months and is now the man on the show. Sheamus's push was to fast and the main reason he got the push was HHH. My wish is to have Randy steal the show and prove to the WWE he can make Sheamus look like a real champion. I would like to see Orton work the match as a face and have Sheamus beat him up make a comeback only to fall short and break the fans hearts. I have said it for weeks, I think Legacy will break up this Sunday at the Rumble. Dibiase could cost Orton and then Orton beats him up. Dibiase is the face and Orton is the heel. I wonder how the fans would react if Legacy turned on Orton and started beating his ass. Would you have sympathy for Orton's character or feel the attack was necessary? I go with the first and I would start to root for Orton. The WWE has many choices this Sunday with the direction Orton will go. The one thing I know for sure is Triple H will face Sheamus at Wrestlemania for the WWE title. All the Sheamus haters won't be happy to read that. My pick is Sheamus retains and Legacy breaks up for good.

The Royal Rumble Match
30 men which is to many to list

I know you want a rundown on why the Rumble match is so cool. Ok click here. The Royal Rumble match is one of the most innovative matches in the WWE. The 2008 Royal Rumble may have met its match because this years match has even more stars. As I said before with Orton, the WWE has many paths to go down. John said a guy like Jericho and that would be awesome because I love Jericho. I think it would make more sense for him not to win, beat Taker at No Way out and face a a returning Edge. Edge, if healthy, could comeback and steal the victory from everyone. He has stolen victories in the past but I don't see it here. Edge is going to come back and most likely face Jericho one on one at Mania. The Animal could.. I can't even write it. Batista has no chance. I think the writing has been on the wall for several weeks. Triple H or Shawn Michaels are going to win the Rumble. The reports have Sheamus vs HHH at Wrestlemania so HHH makes a great choice. If HHH wins then I wonder how Shawn would face Taker at Mania. The rematch between Shawn and Taker will happen because Shawn will win the Rumble. HHH can get his match with Sheamus another way easily. The WWE would have to come up with a bigger storyline if HHH wins. I'm going with Shawn Michaels to become only the second man ever to win the Rumble three times. Shawn will be "the one".

I promised perfection and that is what you are going to get with my predictions. I want to thank everyone for your continued support of my blog since I started. Larry and the entire crew at BBSD have been so nice to me since I moved back to Iowa. I know BBSD will get along without me for a few weeks. I also know Tuesday's without a Raw blog won't be the same. I promise this is not a goodbye. I will be back and when I do, I will continue to be the best damn WWE blogger on the planet. I hope you enjoy the Royal Rumble this Sunday. I know I will be watching. I will have a hard time not being able to write my frustrations, joys and opinions on the WWE. As Bret said a few weeks ago on Raw about how we never forgot about him, I hope no one forgets me because mark my words, I WILL RETURN.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com