Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Raw 1-25

I apologize for this being late. I had my Raw blog done last night after the show. My computer decided it would delete it and I had some Internet problems. If you listened to Showstoppers, you know this is my last Raw blog for a while. I'm moving and won't have the Internet for at least a month. Ok, enough of that crap lets get to some WWE action. I didn't care about the host, I wanted to see Bret. The WWE's go home show before the Rumble was missing something.

I thought opening the show with DX was a good move. I was getting tired of seeing them ending the show with the celebrity host. The match itself was a solid contest with plenty of in ring action. The ending was to predictable though. Legacy can't get on the same page and it showed later in the night with their backstage promo with Orton. I have said it several times, Legacy is heading for a break up at the Rumble. I feel DX might be doing the same. If HHH or HBK win the Rumble, the focus will be on being single wrestlers instead of a stable. I like each guy when they are separate. DX is old and stale. I want the Game and the ShowStopper then DX. I hope I get to see that after the Rumble.

I didn't fully understand why the WWE would have MVP lose to the Big Show. He needs a push and his feud with the Miz has been a great addition to Raw. Oh what to do with the Big Show? Show seems to flutter around and has no where to go. The WWE wanted to showcase him as a dominate big man, its to late. Big Show loses every single big match. Show needs to be one of the final 5 men in the Rumble match to make him look strong again. I understood why MVP lost once Miz was pinned by Kofi. The match between Kofi and Miz made sense in my eyes. You need to keep Kofi on every single Raw so he isn't lost in the shuffle. Since MVP distracted Miz to lose, the feud is still strong. They both lost and will continue to banter back and forth. I would like to see a free match between MVP and Miz on Raw in two weeks. The match could be given 20 mins to tell a good story.

Vincent Kennedy McMahon pissed me off tonight in a genius move. The WWE is smart and I have a feeling Bret is the brains behind this story. I want Bret to come back every single week. If he did, then it wouldn't mean as much. Bret will come back every other week or even once a month and its a great move. The fans are screaming for Bret and that's the reaction Vince wants every single week. The feud is a slow burner and it's perfect. Also Cena getting involved was a nice added touch. Cena is the face of the WWE and it makes sense he came out to be the voice of the old wrestlers. The Vince Bret feud has had HBK, HHH, Cena and Taker all involved so far. I don't know who else you bring back now except Bret. My luck on my final Raw blog Bret doesn't show up but will be back next week.

I'm with the King, if Maryse offered me French lessons I would jump at the chance. She is the hottest Diva in the WWE right now. The match with Eve wasn't great. I didn't expect much since it was a match with Eve. I called the Diva tournament finals a few weeks ago. Gail Kim and Maryse make the most sense. Fox is missing something and Eve can't wrestle well enough yet to be a champion. I hope the finals match is next week and is given time. I don't think the WWE could drown the Diva's more than have another lame 4 minute match for the Diva title after building up a nice Tournament.

The Main Event of the evening with Cena and Sheamus was a nice idea. I think it failed miserably though. The most memorable moment of the night was the picture perfect RKO by Randy Orton. I thought the match was more typical Cena crap. The WWE would have been smart had Orton been the guy on top when Raw went off the air. They never give the heels the opportunity because they want the fans to go home happy. Well you can do something AFTER THE CAMERAS ARE OFF!!!! The fans can go home with a face laying out the heel after Raw is over. It really isn't that difficult. Instead we see Cena raise his arms in the air to make all the kids under 10 believe he will win the Rumble. I hate, I mean I love to tell you Cena won't win the Rumble.

You should be listening every single week to ShowStoppers. The boys had a special guest this week along with my cameo appearance. The hosts will also be live before and after the Rumble. I will have my final blog for sometime up on Thursday. I will be giving my predictions on the Rumble. I enjoy writing this and its hard to stop now. This is not goodbye but see ya later. Stay tuned for all the Rumble coverage on BBSD.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com