Monday, January 11, 2010

Raw 1-11

Lets be honest, last week I was a homer for the WWE. I am a huge mark for Bret Hart and was happy he came back. Was it the biggest deal in wrestling history? No, but it was the biggest deal on Raw in a long time. Raw was a solid show in the ring and out. Vince will certainly address what happened last week. Sheamus needs an opponent set up for the Rumble. I can be harsh on the WWE at times. My summer Raw blogs and some of the celebrity guest hosts Raws can attribute to my anger. Now is the time the WWE starts to put it all together. The road to Wrestlemania is heating up. The Rumble is where it all begins. We have a few weeks to get there and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I read Jim Ross's blog and he said Tyson was a huge fan of the WWWF back in the day. He may be an idiot at times, he is a real wrestling fan. The fans gave him a very nice ovation. He seemed pleasantly surprised as was I. "Mike Tyson is standing in Stone Colds' ring", one of the most memorable quotes ever. Wrestlemania XIV was one of the most important events in wrestling history. A great move by the WWE to have Sheamus come and get in the face of Mike. I thought for sure Cena would have interrupted. Cena screwed up talking about the Vikings and Packers. I would say I love Orton getting into the WWE title mix. However, he and Legacy need to solve their problems first. Kofi getting in the mix is a better idea. Minnesota fans are funny with their loud Randy chants. They know a good wrestler when they see one. Sheamus trying to back out of the Rumble is stupid. His character isn't a wuss. He is more of a head on kind of guy. Orton vs Cena vs Kofi later tonight. If the WWE were smart, they would keep Cena out of the title match. Give the shot to Kofi so fans can truly believe he is a main event star.

Alicia Fox vs Kelly Kelly. I wanted to see the bracket for the Diva Tournament right away. The WWE never showed how it was setup. The WWE is using the Divas on Raw and Superstars to highlight the tournament. Kelly Kelly has been improving her in ring skills. I saw a few nice moves from her tonight. Alicia moved on. I'd give her about a snowballs chance in hell to win the tournament.

Legacy's shots on The Marine was outstanding. The WWE takes 2 under card guys and throws them together as a tag team. Evan was impressive last week against the champion. The shame is Legacy doesn't have a real tag team to feud with for sometime. Legacy has been a nice tag team and had they been together back in the early 2000's when Dudleys, E&C and the Hardys were together, Legacy might have meant something more. The Cross Rhodes is proof Evan Bourne is the best seller in the WWE. No tension between Legacy after they pick up the victory. I'll say it again, Legacy will break up in the Rumble match. I know there is talk about having Dibiase vs Orton at Mania. Rhodes needs to be in that match as well.

Great acting by Tyson with Jericho. Tyson will turn on Jericho and knock him out tonight. DX will make up with Tyson and Jericho will get screwed. You think I'm writing this after Raw but I wrote this right before the Bret Hart recap from last weeks Raw.

The WWE Hall of Fame is the most special night of the year. We know Stu Hart is going in for sure as Vince announced that last week. How can you top Stone Cold last year? Jack Swagger said he was going to go undefeated from October until December. His streak lasted 2 weeks. Now I am suppose to believe he will win the Rumble. Yeah, I am sure you will get it done. Swagger lost to Santino. What has this kid done to kill off all his momentum? Swagger needs a change of scenery. Once the draft comes, Jack needs to go to Smackdown. Morrison can come to Raw and Swagger can be an Intercontinental Champion.

I would have rather seen the Triple Threat Match to end the show. The WWE title is the most important thing on Raw. The story should be the main event. The story early made sense because Cena and Kofi are fan favorites. I would rather see Kofi get aggressive and take out Cena. The fans got behind Kofi because of the mean streak he showed during his feud with Orton. The look on Orton before his nasty DDT is priceless. His mannerisms are perfect for his character. Cena's scripted comeback is getting old. He needs to switch up from time to time. Dibiase didn't even do anything when he came in. I think something went wrong at the finish of the match. Orton looked pissed and I couldn't tell if it was towards Sheamus in character or not. A heel heel feud for the WWE title. I wonder how the fans will feel and cheer for in the feud.

The Miz had a great backstage to in ring promo. He had plenty of passion in his voice. My only problem with Miz is the lack of wrestling he has had in the past few months. He needs a long program and MVP is the perfect opponent for him. MVP needed a program as well. MVP got real with the fans tonight. Miz didn't take the boot very well. The promo between the two and the fight is what this feud needed. Great job by both men to get us interested in the feud.

I thought Katie Lea was on ECW. The WWE moved her over without even saying anything about it. Eve needs to improve considerable in the ring. Maryse takes on Eve next week along with Gail Kim vs Alicia Fox. I'll go out on a huge limb and say Maryse and Gail Kim will be in the finals. The WWE is trying to make the Diva title mean something and it will when Kim and Maryse finish the tournament. The match cannot be the same 4 minute match we have seen the entire tournament. The final match needs time to develop to make it more important to the fans.

The WWE picked Hero by Skillet as one of their theme songs for the Royal Rumble. Great theme for wrestling. Vincent Kennedy McMahon makes a bold statement that Bret will never been seen again. I highly doubt that sir. I wondered where the story would go. Now I have an idea. Bret will sneak into the arena sometime and start beating Vince's ass. Perhaps Stephanie will come back and say she hired Bret. One way or another, Bret will show up on Raw very soon. I have a wish for the WWE. Vince, you read the blog every week. Will you make sure Bret shows up on the February 15th edition of Raw? That particular Raw will be special for me because I will be live in the arena. Raw will be in Des Moines Iowa February 15th and I would love to see Bret live in person. Thanks Vince.

I remember writing a few paragraphs above about Tyson screwing Jericho by the end of the evening. I write this live so I was predicting the future. Next week will be special if Undertaker shows up. If he says yes, the Rumble is even more unpredictable. Even though Jericho has been "banned" he is refreshing for Raw. I'm so tired of Hornswaggle. Oh wow who would have thought Tyson would turn on Jericho? I never saw that coming. Raw ends in a way to predictable fashion.

Speaking of predictable, make sure you tune into Showstoppers this week. I make a cameo appearance and I predict John and Larry's best Rumble. I predict on here that both hosts will love the ending for Raw as well. I have no clue why Don Johnson and Jon Heder are hosting next weeks Raw. Besides the most predictable finish on Raw in quite sometime, I thought the show was solid. Bret will show up next week on Raw.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com