Friday, May 20, 2011

Over My Limit Picks

I said during the Raw blog I was going to make my predictions for this show on Wednesday evening. Well I didn't get around to it and to be honest I really don't care. This pay per view sucks! WWE is putting on a filler show and the card shows. Unless you are going to Wings in Euless Texas (Cheap Plug) and watch with the ShowStoppers host, I say by pass this pay per view. I know I will be. For the sake of keeping my crappy prediction streak continuing, I am forced to make my picks. Actually I did well at Extreme Rules, not bragging or anything. Before the picks, I have to speak about the unexpected death of one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

I'm truly sadden over the news of Macho Man passing away from a car accident related to having a heart attack. Macho was one of those guys I always hated growing up but that's because he was so damn good at being a bad guy. As I got older, I realized how great Macho was at his craft and appreciated it. His promos were outrageous or as he coined them, madness. The match he's best known for is Wrestlemania III with Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Randy was an amazing in ring performer and that's what I will remember. His believability, high flying skills and technical ability all added up to being one of the best ever. Vincent Kennedy McMahon is the one to blame for not getting Macho in the Hall of Fame when he was alive. Randy deserved to be in the Hall while he was here with us. Hopefully Vince will swallow his pride and put Randy in the Hall this coming year. A very sad day for the wrestling world. My condolences to his family and friends. Macho Man Randy Savage will forever be remembered.



Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

This match will be announced either on Smackdown or on Sunday. If they give these two men time, this could be a helluva match. I love the lucha dor action and this will have plenty of that. Sin Cara and Chavo should be the opening match on Sunday. The crowd will be hot from the start. Sin Cara wins.

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

This match was rumored to be scheduled for Summerslam. With Morrison out, Rey steps in. Truth is now a lunatic. Well I'm guess because I can't understand half of what he says. Truth seems to be getting all the opportunity in the world to prove he is more than just a mid card wrestler. Sunday may prove how far WWE really can push him. I think of this match a lot like Ziggler and Rey a few years ago. WWE puts a veteran in the ring with a young gun to see if he can handle the pressure. Ziggler excelled yet is floundering. Truth will hold his own and get the victory.

Kiss My Foot Ring on the line and Hall of Fame Speech Match
Jerry the King Lawler vs. Michael Cole

This has to be it. This is going to be it. The final match between these two guys. Seriously, they can't push this any longer.....right! Right!?! We can only hope, pray and scream until our throats hurt that this is the last match in this feud. Cole has done about everything possible except make out with Lawler's dead mother (May she rest in peace). The King wins and this finally ends.

IC Title

Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Wade and Big Zeke could actually put on a quality contest. The Corre isn't much of anything if it ever was anything. Zeke seems to have the momentum with his face turn. I like Zeke and he has potential to be a headliner on Smackdown within the year. Wade also has a World title belt f0recasted for his future. I don't know the chemistry between the two so I'm interested in hearing how this match goes. In the end, Corre get involved and Wade keeps the title by any means necessary.

World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

This match will forever been known as the dream destroyer. I said plenty in the Raw blog about Orton getting the title so quickly. It's not his fault though. It's WWE fault. I'm still bitter about the whole thing. Orton wins and Christian turns heel.

WWE Title- I Quit Match

John Cena (c) vs. Miz

What can I say here that will make you even think for a milli-second that Miz will actually win? They could pull off what The Rock did on Mick Foley and dub over Cena's voice over the loud speaker. Too obvious. Super Cena wins.

J Call

1 comment:

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com