Friday, April 29, 2011

A Night of Extreme PG Rules

The final pay per view before the new rosters go into effect is this Sunday. Extreme Rules use to be one of my favorite shows of the year. I always enjoyed the gimmick matches and the hardcore contests the WWE through out for this one night. However, Extreme Rules isn't much different than any other show. The card for this year is much of the same as Wrestlemania, except no Rocky. I'm not mad about this as Wrestlemania left me hungry for a few rematches and hopefully a few longer matches. We still have questions about the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE title potentially being on the same show as is the U.S. and I.C. titles. Extreme Rules will sort all of that out.

Falls Count Anywhere

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

I feel this match will likely start off the show on Sunday. This has been a great story for months. Rhodes has developed into one of the finest heels on Smackdown and frankly I figured Rhodes not Rey would be on Raw. Rhodes seems to be the obvious choice since it doesn't do Rey any good to win this match. Rhodes needs the momentum to keep his character moving forward. BUT, I know I wrote that in caps, somehow someway I think Rey gets the win to end the feud.

Loser Leaves Smackdown

Michelle McCool vs. Layla

The rumors going around is McCool is heading out of the WWE for a while so she can be with her husband, The Undertaker. I understand that especially when no one knows when Taker will return. Layla may have a face feeling after this match. I would hate to see that, she's a much better heel. I was puzzled as to why LayCool would break up but it makes since now. Layla wins and McCool heads home.

Last Man Standing

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

I've enjoyed the Punk Orton story to the fullest. The story has ran its course and time for both men to move on. Orton has battled Nexus and Punk since the Rumble. The draft split them apart which is a good thing. The dirt sheets have Punk possibly leaving the company which would make this WWE blogger very upset. Punk is a talented individual in and out of the ring. Punk is stands out from the crowd. In today's wrestling world, everyone acts and does the same crap. Not Punk though. If he really is leaving, WWE won't give him a win over their newest big name on Friday Nights. Orton wins.

Country Whipping Match

Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger

I have no idea what the hell a country whipping match is. I'm assuming it's like a leather strap match. There is no way to give Michael Cole enough knots from a belt to even the score. To say Cole is annoying is the understatement of the Century. Cole never received a stunner, won't get a piledriver so what else is there? It'd be great to see something vial like the leather belt being shoved up his ass. If this goes any further than Sunday, it won't be in my blog. I will ignore all of it. I don't care if that means I have to mute Raw to avoid Cole. Please end this crap. King and JR get the win.

World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match

Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian

Del Rio is heading to Raw so the choice is Christian right? RIGHT?!? Hold on a second because it may not be that easy. WWE could pull the fast one and give Raw both major titles for a month or so and then get the belt on Randy Orton. I want to be wrong. Seriously, I love Christian. He deserves a chance to hold onto the World Heavyweight title. I wanted Del Rio and Christian to wrestle for several months. I rarely get what I want and I won't get that. Del Rio and Cena are almost a lock for Summerslam. My picks have sucked so I hope the opposite happens. I'm picking Alberto Del Rio.

WWE Championship Triple Threat Cage Match

Miz (c) vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison

I've really grown to like Miz as the WWE champion. He's had a good run and it should continue for the next few months. However, The Rock's return to Raw on Monday may spell the end of Miz title reign. What the hell does The Rock have to do with Miz? Good question. Well, the WWE wants to push hard The Rock and Cena match at Wrestlemania 28. During The Rock's birthday bash, Cena interrupting The Rock with the title on his shoulder would be huge. This image would be plastered all over. On the other hand, say Cena interrupts but without the belt. The Rock can make fun of him for not winning the match. Which one makes a bigger impact? Cena holding the belt. Cena wins the WWE title.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com