Friday, November 19, 2010

Survivor Series Picks

Finally Survivor Series is here. The Cena story ends Sunday. I've been dying for this to be over. WWE built and built Cena as the man in WWE and Sunday, he could be the ultimate heel for the company. We do have more than 1 match on Survivor Series. I'm pumped for Sheamus Morrison, that's about it. If you are a betting man or woman, stop reading. You may also want to call 1-800-bets-off because you are betting on WWE pay per views. My picks haven't been good for a while. I'm trying hard to get these right. I really am.

WWE Tag team championship
Gabriel and Slater (c) vs Santino and Kozlov
I called for Santino and Kozlov to be taken as a serious tag team. They haven't been serious and are still in this match. Survivor Series is going to be a night for Nexus. I can't see the tag belts leaving them. I'm taking Wendy and Gabriel.

WWE Diva Title
LayCool (c) vs Natalya
The Diva title seems to mean something. I'll hold while you catch your breath. This has been on both Raw and Smackdown. The girls have all had their moments. Natalya beat Layla. LayCool makes fun of Natalya and pinned her at Bragging Rights. I've fully enjoyed this feud. I wish I knew how close Beth Phoenix was to returning. I'm going to say she's close and a payoff with LayCool lays awake. LayCool successfully defend their title.

Team Mysterio vs Team Del Rio
The traditional Survivor Series match may be the hardest to chose. Big Show and Rey have been on a tear. Del Rio has been on several shows and winning matches. Rhodes and Drew recently lost their tag titles and broke up. MVP lost his shot at the IC belt. I think Drew and Rhodes hurt their chances and Big Show does enough to win. You make a movie, you win matches. Team Mysterio survives.

Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Kaval
The match will/was announced on Smackdown depending on when you read this. Kaval makes the challenge 2 days before the event is not a good sign. I like Kaval and down the line, he might win a match of this caliber. For now, Ziggler is on a roll and the best heel character on Smackdown. Ziggler keeps.

John Morrison vs Sheamus
The simple and effective story of one on one. The build for this has been better than all the other matches. Morrison has gotten the better until Sheamus knocked him out backstage on Raw. It's felt like an old feud where both guys hate each other. They've played their roles well. I want this to continue and both men to win one match against each other. If this is the only match, Morrison needs the win. I doubt WWE kills this after SS. I'm picking Morrison.

World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (c) vs Edge
Kane keeps on dominating Smackdown. Reports had him asking for a mega push and he's received. Edge has been the highlight of Smackdown since the trade a month ago. He's been written in great stories, wrestled some quality matches and the abduction of Paul Bearer was brilliant. Edge has been great but Kane rules Friday nights. Kane is still the world champ after Survivor Series.

WWE Title
Randy Orton (c) vs Wade Barrett with John Cena as special guest referee.
Your time is up Cena. The time to be a heel is now. I may not believe Barrett is championship worth yet but I thought the same thing about Sheamus. I like the Irish Ghost now. I might grow into believing in Barrett. Randy is the star of WWE and the reason I watch Raw. Orton chasing is written better than as champ. Cena as a heel will get the entire WWE universe to get behind Orton. No more half the fans hate, half the fans cheer for Cena any longer. The time feels right. Cena screws Orton and Barrett is the new WWE champion.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com