Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Raw 11-1

A relatively quiet week for wrestling. The week finished with Edge becoming Kane's new opponent and Bryan and Ziggler finished with 3 great matches. It's crazy to think two guys who never wrestled together stole 3 out of 3 shows. Raw needs more than Cena and Nexus. I'm so sick of the story before Raw started. I thought for sure this weeks' show would continue to push a few new developments. Sheamus and Morrison was the only one. Punk's injury put a damper on the Bryan feud. After watching Raw last night, I questioned why I keep coming back to wrestling. Raw was awful.

The man who holds the most important title in wrestling opened Raw. About damn time. I enjoyed Orton and Cena's back and forth. Orton making fun of Cena was great. I'd still rather seen Barrett first. However Orton needs to be setup so when Cena turns, the fans will sympathize with Orton. Either way, we were going to see Cena in the first segment. May I have your attention please. I just wrote an email that says and I quote, "Cole sucks." The tag match was ok. I didn't like the situation though. The WWE is pushing hard with Cena and Nexus. It dominates the #1 show. I was fine with Orton opening. By the end, I was even more disgruntled with Cena and it wasn't more than 10 minutes into Raw.

The Hart Dynasty received their 90th opportunity to become number 1 contenders for the tag titles. If only the WWE had more tag teams this crap wouldn't be happening. Another story going wrong. The Dynasty shouldn't be breaking up. WWE has 2 maybe 3 tag teams we know. The Dudebusters, Nexus and uh um... well the Dudebusters and Nexus. The division is sorry. Instead of attempting to build it, Smackdown dismantled Rhodes and Drew and Raw splits the Dynasty. Not hard to keep your titles when there's no one to defend them against. Put Cryme Tyme back together, push the Dudes and keep the Dynasty alive. You can't tell me the FCW doesn't have some tag guys to bring to the main stage. This is why Harris and McGillicuty shouldn't have been tossed in with Nexus. I realize it gave them something to do but they weren't doing anything on this episode.

Sheamus had a sweet look after he said, "I beat myself." Yeah that sounds strange you Irish Bastard. Santino must read the blog or just thought the whole Halloween ghost thing was funny. I've thought for a long time 'Irish Ghost' would be a sweet sign. I tell ya what, if you go to a WWE event and bring a sign that says "Sheamus the Irish Ghost" and send me a picture to Jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com I will send you a WWE DVD. I'm dead serious. First one that sends me a picture will get a WWE dvd. I have to be able to tell you went to a WWE event. I don't care if you make it on camera or not. You just have to have a picture of the sign with you holding it up. As far as the match with Kozlov, it was ok. Morrison and Sheamus is picking up steam. Sheamus needs to find a partner, then tag against Morrison and Santino.

Nothing says PG like a guy caught in a x-rated movie playing with himself. Lita was a nice surprise. I figured she was close to signing with TNA. Although she might run from that place with the Hardys over there.

Big Zeke and Ryder are two men that can match with Bryan. They have ruined Ryder so its more about Zeke. He's not doing anything else. We don't know whether to boo him or cheer. Raw had 3 matches that were a total of 13 minutes. They may as well call Raw a variety show. Take wrestling out of it. Pathetic!

Speaking of doing nothing, Miz is floating around in the wrestling atmosphere. They had to bring Big Show in just so Miz had something. A giant waste of time came to mind about the entire segment. I had to sound like a broken record but use the damn roster you have. They bury half, a quarter is injured and the others are wandering. The roster is weak. This week proved it with Show having to wrestle Miz. You don't see Raw guys on Smackdown. Why would you? They use their roster so efficiently. A guy like Kavla all the way to Kane are used each week. They develop the talents of Rhodes, Drew, Truth and then Raw ruins them. Edge has been on Smackdown for a little less than a month and is already being pushed correctly. Even if Miz and Show put a decent match, there was still no rhyme or reason.

Dibiase's new music sucks and Bryan should get an original theme. It was funny once. I said it in the opening paragraph, I'm bummed about Punk's injury. CM and Daniel could have saved Raw. Punk's loss is Dibiase's gain. I'm very happy if they were to continue with Bryan and Dibiase. They had a short yet quality was there. I'd written Dibiase and Goldust off and then give Teddy a win over Bryan. He'd be #1 contender for the U.S. and fill in for Punk.

LayCool had to help Raw too. As stunning as it sounds, Natalya and McCool had a wonderful match. Natalya showed off some solid skills and LayCool didn't get one past her for a change. They have 3 weeks to create a build for a Diva title match. I prayed to the wrestling gods that LayCool and Natalya would have this long story. It came true. The writers are finally writing a good Diva story. They were perhaps the lone bright spot on Raw.

The whole McMahon coma political nightmare dream skit was simply not funny. I'd like to see the real Vince back if it makes sense. I made a point to bring up Triple H last week and I stand by it. I miss Triple H. If either were to come back and not be GM or leader of Nexus, then I'm happy. The right idea comes up, Raw would be a better show with Vince and Triple H. In the meantime, keep your stupid ass political views to yourself and give me what I tuned it for, wrestling.

Main event time with Truth and Otunga. Is that a main event? WWE must have forgot they have Skip Sheffield too. He is a guy who be trying to get revenge on Nexus. He could easily be written in against one of the other guys not doing anything. Horrible execution all the way around. Truth got the main event rub. I recall Bourne getting that a few months ago and then was buried. I'm sure nothing will come of Truth either. I did laugh at the finish. Orton dupes Cena and Barrett for a finishing RKO the camera nearly missed. That's all I found good with the tag match.

Raw was PATHETIC! The writers continue to focus on Cena Nexus and are finally incorporating the man Barrett is facing. That's great it only took an extra pay per view to make Orton a focal point. He's only the freaking champion of the company. Name me one thing Raw had that was memorable? You can't. I'm not going to remember 1 damn thing. The lame ass attempt at humor with Pee Wee or the McMahons. The 5 backstage segments were worthless. The 25 total minutes of wrestling is the real humor. I use to be pumped to watch Raw. Th crowd was bored and so was this writer. Raw had quality last week. I was ashamed at myself to miss the World Series being crowned and a good MNF game for that crap. Raw ratings will suck and WWE will do nothing. They will blame it on the two games. The product is why ratings sucks. Wrestling doesn't need new characters, it needs new writers. Stand up WWE grow some balls and change something or this WWE blogger might walk away from something I dearly love.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com