Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Raw 11-8

I would like to move forward and not dwell on the horrible Raw from the previous week. You've moved on and so have I. Didn't happen like Rocky V. I will say I enjoyed Smackdown. The addition of Nexus was unforeseen and added to the story. I thought Raw might focus on wrestling in the United Kingdom. I was wrong. For the second straight week, Raw was a huge failure. I think it's mainly the Cena Nexus story since I can't stand it. I will get to what pissed me off most about Raw after we hit a different topic.

Brock Lesnar was all the talk two weeks ago. Everyone was speculating on Brock and Taker at Wrestlemania. We need to scrape that idea and toss it aside. Someone else makes much more since and will have a greater impact. I'm going on a trip back in time, 9 years ago to Wrestlemania 17. Vince had purchased WCW. McMahon vs McMahon, HHH vs Taker and Austin Rock were main eventing. Austin turns heel and teams with Vince to end Mania. The story goes that night another man was suppose to drop from the rafters. Fast forward to the present. Wrestlemania 27 is in Atlanta, GA, WCW's old stomping grounds. WWE is planning to do an entire WCW Hall of Fame. That same man who was planning to arrive from the rafters at Mania 17 is a free agent. The man is from Omaha, NE but was always announced from Venice Beach, CA. I'm sure you know by now I am referring to Sting. Sting should sign with the WWE. A Sting Taker match would trump everything. He would go into the Hall and wrestle the biggest Wrestlemania Icon in wrestling. Even if Taker is still hurt, Sting could meet Triple H. The stories are endless and would be a fantastic sendoff. Sting has never wrestled in a WWE ring. I don't think this would be Bret Hart in WCW situation. TNA can't do justice to Sting. WWE is the perfect place for a final run in one of the greatest wrestling careers of all time. It's showtime Sting!

We can focus on the b.s that was Raw. The reason I liked Nexus invading Smackdown was because it would develop something other than Cena and Barrett. I was wrong. The opener kept it to Barrett and Cena and a small mention of Otunga's failure from Friday night. The pop Orton received was deafening. I knew U.K. fans were smart. The announcement was fine until they added Cena as the ref again. We had seen this already. The 5 on 5 happened on Smack. The only difference is the wrestlers from Raw and Cena. I'm tired of the freaking Cena story. Orton made the point that Cena isn't his opponent, that's Barrett. We wouldn't know that unless he said it. I understand they are trying to build up the suspense. It's not working.

I thought Maryse stopped wrestling. The whole soccer thing was a good idea. I'd rather seen someone other than the Bellas though. Tamina looked good for the short time she wrestled. She has some skills and a future. I'm really pleased she is away from the Uso's. The only way she will be taken as a wrestler is to continue wrestling and stop managing. Right after the pin fall, Josh Mathews made me feel like I was watching Superstars.

The Dynasty and Uso's use to mean something. I know you laughed because it never did. The crowd didn't care and David Hart Smith is from the U.K. Just break the Harts up already. I guess they are waiting for Survivor Series and have them fighting and cost Natalya during her Diva title match.

The Goldust Dibiase thing hasn't gotten enough exposure. One week it feels like something. The next, Dibiase is doing something else. I'd much rather see Bryan and Dibiase for the U.S. The finish was even more confusion. Is the feud over? I have no idea. The writers don't know either. They throw something on the table and hope Vincent likes it. I said last weeks was awful and WWE wouldn't change. By the midway point of Raw, I was right.

Cena and Otunga was a glorified squash. Otunga was looked as a weak member when Nexus began. That part keeps going. There isn't much more I can say about Cena and Nexus. It's stale. The build hasn't developed like I thought it would. We aren't witnessing a Hogan like heel turn at Survivor Series. I just want it over no matter the outcome.

I'm still waiting for an email of you holding a "Sheamus the Irish Ghost" sign at a WWE event. I told you I don't care if you make it on TV. I want to see a picture that shows you are at any WWE event and I'll send you a WWE DVD. I don't know how much easier I can make it. Send your picture and email to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com. This is freaking legit. A WWE DVD will go to the first person who sends a picture. The tea party was entertaining. Santino had some great lines and Kozlov was hilarious. I forgot how great it is when he use to say double double E. Morrison and Sheamus is setting up nicely. We have seen him make the save for two weeks straight. Next week it will be announced for SS.

Main event time. The great thing about foreign crowds is how much they respect the mat wrestling. They enjoy actual wrestling inside the squared circle. I love it and respect that. They are old school wrestling fans. The 5 on 5 match had some pros and cons. The pros are you see glimpses of how good guys like Harris and McGillicuty can be with Bryan, a few guys that have nothing to do get on TV and it helped Orton and Barrett. The cons are it did nothing for Miz, Bryan or Truth unless they are planning a traditional Survivor Series match. Miz hosed Orton which does nothing. Orton is set up with Wade not Miz. Where the hell is the pay off? Stupid.

Raw had to many backstage skits, fillers and not enough wrestling. Oh, so it was the same show we have seen for years. Pretty much except the main story bores the hell out of me. The mid-carders are doing nothing. I'm intrigued with next weeks three hour old school Raw. I am a self proclaimed old school wrestling fan. It can't be worse. The WWE needs changes, not fire Wade and make Garrett the coach changes. I'm talking real changes. I'm praying for those after Survivor Series. I don't know what to do if no changes arrive and we continue seeing the same bull crap. I look forward to seeing your emails.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com