Monday, November 22, 2010

Raw 11-22

I thought it was over. I thought for sure Survivor Series would end the Cena story and turn him into a heel. Instead, we got a cookie cutter, jolly ole’ finished that all the kids enjoyed. It was almost like Christmas came early for the Cenation. The WWE pissed me off last night with Survivor Series ending with that bull crap. Raw saved the day (sort of). I will get into Raw in a minute. I can’t live with that ending without dissecting the reasoning on why I hated it so damn much.

This spot is reserved for a good tongue lashing to one, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. With all due respect, and remember I’m saying with all due respect: You are a big pussy! I don’t care if you are going to turn Cena heel now, tomorrow, a week from now or at Wrestlemania. You screwed the pooch. Everything was right in front of you and you coward out. The scene was set, Cena as special guest at Survivor Series, (the best pay-per-view to screw anyone over). You put Cena in a position to finally give an F-U to all the children, the soccer moms and cougars of the WWE universe by having Cena team with Nexus. If you didn’t want to put Cena in Nexus, fine. John could have given both of them an AA and counted the 1-2-3 and declared himself the New WWE champion. You didn’t. He could have attempted to hose Orton and help Barrett and fail. Orton hits the RKO on both of them and grabs Cena’s lifeless hand and count the pin. You didn’t. Cena not counting 3 on Orton first was brilliant. Orton hits the RKO, 1-2…. Cena stops, attacks Orton and makes Barrett cover for 3. I don’t care how you manage to do it but you f’d up every situation. Piper even alluded to the situation on Raw a week ago. Piper told Cena, “If you do what I think your gonna do then you would spit on every legend. Cena don’t spit in my face.” The lead in was perfect. Vince, my man you had it all planned out. It was going to be a perfect heel turn and finally get everyone to boo Cena. You pulled out. I know why and so does the Universe. Money! It all came down to the fact, you’re afraid of losing merchandise sales. You’re afraid it would be a horrible pr move. The fear turned you into a coward. I don’t know if or when Cena will ever turn heel but it will never feel as right as what Sunday felt. You let me down Vince, you let me down.

Okay, with Raw they did save the day in one way. I will have more on that to come. We start with the opener with Nexus. I thought it was a good opener. Barrett played the role and whine about the ending to Survivor Series. The whole thing still keeps the focus off the the title and on Cena. That's been the real problem the entire time. A WWE title defense on Raw is certainly a change. Glad people spent $44.99 for the same main event Sunday and got robbed by that crummy finish. The World title match wasn't much better. Sorry, I'm moving on I swear.

I caught Punk on Superstars doing commentary and did a great job. Punk reminds me a lot of Macho Man. Both guys speak well and emphasize the right words, Macho usually was insane but I will let that slide, and their in ring ability is well above standards. I can't wait for Bourne to return to feud with Punk. I hope WWE hasn't forgotten about Bryan and Punk either. King of the Ring returns next week and fans under 16 have no clue that was a real way of elevating a star. Austin, Bret Hart, Owen, Harley Race and Booker were all Kings. I'm still waiting on a winner of my WWE DVD giveaway contest. Send a pic of you at a WWE event with a sign saying, "Sheamus the Irish Ghost". First to do so will receive a WWE DVD. Not very hard. Send your e-mail to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com. Again this is a real contest and in conjunction with BBSD.

Sheamus and Truth proved they have chemistry. The match was solid, plenty of twists and turns and was given time to develop. Truth has stepped up and improved his wrestling skills. Sheamus shouldn't win the King of the Ring (KOTR, from here on out, got it) but deserves in the tournament. A former WWE champion doesn't need a crown.

Great job by the WWE to take Miz off the match with Big Zeke. I didn't know at the time the reason, I just thought it was good exposure for Riley. Zeke had to win and keep the push going. I'm glad Punk pointed out how stupid A-Rod is for Riley. Zeke wins in a glorified squash. WWE hasn't helped Riley since he started hanging with Miz. He has to get a win sometime.

Yeah, I really bought into the whole Cena fired promo. The lames thing since he's not going anywhere. Vince must truly love him to let Cena run his mouth about how great his company is. The promo was Cena's best acting ever. The fake tears, the mom card and a new baby, Cena should prioritize his time better. At least Cena knows his audience. I'm a guy over 18 and I'd be screaming Cena sucks. As evidence of the finish to Raw, Cena isn't leaving the company and we all knew this. A giant waste of time for all. Nexus should have came out and beat the crap out of him. I got a laugh at Barrett giving the you can't see me sign.

Bryan and Dibiase both belong in the KOTR tourney. I didn't like the rematch since I hoped the feud was continuing. Now, what's the point? Bryan won back to back contests so a 3rd match is irrelevant. No time given for the rematch on Raw. Once again, Teddy and Maryse get buried. A good thing ruined, like always on Raw.

I almost failed to mention, I was 5-2 on my Survivor Series picks. I can't tell you what a great feeling that was to get a few right. Yes, I gave myself the Kane pick. He kept the title and that's a win. Natalya, McCool, Layla and Beth combine to make a Diva division worth watching. All 4 can wrestle and LayCool can mock them. I believe LayCool will get a rematch. Natalya and Beth can tag against LayCool next week on the 3 hour long Raw. Natalya's squat suplex is impressive. She keeps rolling and smiling. I love it.

Congratulations Tyson got new music but not tights. Kidd is a heel and his 1st match is with the man who should win the KOTR tournament. Not a good sign for Kidd's future. He got some offense in so it was a little better than the Riley match. Raw was heavy on wrestling so I can't complain much. Morrison is my favorite on Raw to win. Rhodes is my Smackdown favorite if he qualifies.

I wondered why a face champion would come out first. You can say what you want about Nexus except they don't get heat. The Nexus has evolved and fans hate on them quite a bit now. I didn't like Orton coming out first and receiving his "injury". That could have been accomplished backstage. The knee injury put sympathy on Orton which worked. I already mentioned how much I hated seeing Cena again. My guess is Cena vs Barrett for Cena's job will be the main event for the next pay-per-view. Once Orton won, I knew Miz was cashing. I'm not just saying that. I felt it when I saw it was 9:58 central time when Orton pinned Wade. I wanted Miz to be the 1st to cash in and lose, I didn't get that wish. I'm good with the finish because Orton chases better. Miz gets more heat and finally Orton will have an opportunity to go one on one with someone and the story can build. No distractions from Cena, Nexus or anyone else getting in the way. One on one for the WWE title. I can't believe how long it took for us to get here. Randy will be on the attack. Riley could take a punt for Miz's actions. I thought Miz and Orton might be put on hold until Mania. Apparently, WWE had a reason for their crappy Survivor Series finish. I don't think tonight salvaged the fine folks that spent $45 bucks on Sunday night though.

Raw made up to a certain degree from what I ranted on in my 2nd paragraph. I like Miz cashing since it was unexpected. Orton can chase and get away from Nexus. Hey, the WWE title is the focal point to finish Raw. I can't believe it. Raw had some nice in ring work and KOTR helps next weeks long 3 hour Raw. The tournament will give Raw a story for the whole night and Orton will certainly be seeking revenge. You can find out more about the world of wrestling from the hosts of Showstoppers on BBSD. If you want to get a last second e-mail into me, I am preparing for the 1st ever all WWE mailbag blog for later in the week. You can send it to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com and if you send me that picture, you might be lucky enough to win a WWE DVD. The best damn WWE blogger on the planet will return Thursday morning for the mailbag.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com