Monday, May 24, 2010

Raw 5-24

I did it. Woooo! I finally starting turning it around with my Over the Limit picks. Man, it feels good to be back on top... of the BBSD wrestling world. At this point, I'll take it. The pay per view has come and gone, time for some new stories to start up. A new general manager is suppose to be picked. We are one step closer to ending the celebrity host crap since they are hashing out 90's Saturday Night Live star Jon Lovitz. We have to look deeper at Over the Limit before Raw.

The WWE may piss all of us off when it comes to their PG rating, Over the Limit showed that a pay per view can be good if it is more concentrated in the ring. The IC title match was very well done as was the tag titles. I was stunned Truth picked up the win over Dibiase. I called Big Show winning by dq. Cena and Batista wasn't great but I won't complain to much since Sheamus came out after it was over. The biggest news is obviously Randy Orton. I have heard conflicting reports. He could have a separated shoulder or a broken arm. We should know more by the time Raw goes off the air. I'm hoping for the most minor because I love Orton and would hate to see him out longer than a week.

I was hoping Raw would start off on the right foot. A Batista promo in a wheelchair was not what I envisioned. The announcement of Bret being the new GM is fine by me. You know I have a bromance with Bret so seeing him stay is a great idea. Bret isn't the best mic skill but fans will respect him as the general manager. Randy must not be in to terrible shape if he is going to be placed in the main event at the next pay per view. Batista quitting for good was music to my ears. Batista has had a very nice career since he began so late in life. He has been a multiple world champion and some classic feuds. I feel his time has come to walk away as his character was getting very stale.

Sheamus needed to get back into the main event on Raw. Mark Henry needs to find a tag partner or something. He is getting buried on Raw. The Irish Ghost hasn't had a feud since Triple H left. He got lucky with the Fatal Four Way pay per view coming up because now Sheamus won't have to carry Cena by himself. The match was not stellar (Has Henry ever had a stellar match?) it still served the purpose of putting over Sheamus.

The Diva match at Over the Limit lived up to my expectations. I didn't figure it would be a five star instant classic. I wanted a match a little longer than the normal four minutes we get on Raw. I got that and then some so I was happy. Good to see Kim being used in the ring instead of eye candy. I'm not saying she isn't hot, I just want to see her compete. The tag team match might lead to a fatal four way of all four of these ladies at the next pay per view.

I was looking forward to seeing what Raw was going to do with the United States title. I didn't fully understand why Truth was put in the match. Maybe because he beat Dibiase. Miz deserved a rematch. I was hoping for a tournament but since they just had one for the IC title, I bet the WWE didn't want to do that again. I am really happy the United States title is getting some much needed exposure on Raw. Vince must be reading this blog every week and finally decided it was smart to use the second title. R-Truth has certainly been getting a good push and I have to say that's what's up. I am glad to see it. Truth has plenty of skills and gets the pops. This should mean a good story with Truth and Dibiase for the US title once Dibiase recovers from his concussion.

Did you get a deja vu moment when Cena gave his backstage interview? I sure did. If you are a kid under 10 or a woman, I forgive you for being a Cena fan. If you are neither and are still a Cena fan, I want to bitch slap you harder than Truth slapped Dibiase. Yeah, he didn't quit and he's taking notice to everyone. The next time Cena does a promo, I think I will write yada yada yada.

I like Jon Lovitz and usually find Kahli funny. Not tonight. It was nice to hear Jon say this was a waste of time. Jon seemed to have fun. The audience didn't. I did like Dibiase getting some face time even if it wasn't a match.

I might start talking about Natalya being my girlfriend than Maryse. She seems to be ignoring me, maybe Natalya not. The Hart Dynasty took out Regal and Kozlov quickly. The announcers were puzzled by who the mystery attackers were. I wasn't sure who they were. Although I thought the chick looked familiar. The crowd seemed confused as well. I like it though. A special surprise and a brand new feud instead of something rehashed or two guys just thrown together.

NXT guys got a nice little backstage promo. Speaking of the NXT guys, I failed to mention on the pick blog about my new hero, Daniel Bryan. Bryan had a great promo last week and followed it up with a few slaps on Cole. He never got a chance to show off the mic skills before he got eliminated. I like Bryan and I look forward to seeing him on one of the big shows after the NXT show is over.

Why was Cena even in the match? The booking tonight hasn't made a whole lot of sense. Every qualifying match was different. The spot with Jericho putting on the walls with Cena holding the STF on Edge was neat as was the spear with Jericho on Cena's shoulder. Edge being put in the title match was smart. You push two stories at the same time and add in the WWE title. The match was better than I expected to end Raw. I don't see Orton having to much in ring action until the Fatal Four way match. As long as he shows up every week, I'm happy.

Raw was a decent show. Way to much filler but that will happen when half your roster is aching from the pay per view. The US match was good and putting Truth over even more is a great idea. I didn't fully understand the qualifying matches. No matter how we got the match, I think its a good match. Bret staying on as the GM is also a good move. Raw wasn't great but didn't suck completely either. Ashton Kutcher is next weeks host and I have to say, yawn. I could careless but then I would actually have to try to care less. Does that make sense? In plain English, Kutcher is a d-bag and i don't want him near the ring. I hope that helps. Keep checking out Showstoppers and Wasp TNA blog.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com