Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Over the Limit Predictions

We have had one long year with pay per view picks. Some great ones like my perfect prediction Summerslam, and some horrible ones, too many to mention. I always feel I have a sense on where the WWE is going with their story lines. I know it comes as a shock to you since my record so far this year is Charles Barkley Esq "terrrrible". I promise with the one year celebration, I am going to turn the corner starting with Over the Limit.

R-Truth vs Ted Dibiase Jr.
I have talked about the potential this feud has in my Raw blog and I stand by it. I like Truth because of his unique wrestling style and charisma. Teddy has been showing off his mic skills as of late. I love the WWE bringing back Virgil but I hope it is only a two time thing. I think it will be, Virgil screws up and Truth picks up the victory.

Diva Championship
Eve (c) vs Maryse
I have something I never have when it comes to Diva matches, expectations. The feud has been good and Eve has developed into a nice Diva as of late. Maryse has gotten the better of Eve in the past few Raws. The match should take a little longer than the normal Diva matches on Raw. I like Eve to keep the belt.

Unified Tag Team Champions
Hart Dynasty (c) vs Miz/Jericho
I really hope this is a one time tag team with Jericho and Miz. Jericho and Miz losing and then one of them turning on the other would make the most sense. You could start a feud between the two right then and would help Raw out. I would love to see Jericho as a face. I know there is talk with Jericho/Miz and Show. I don't see it happening. I'll take the best tag team in the WWE to keep their Tag team titles.

Hair or Join the SES
Punk vs Rey
I heard the hosts of Showstoppers complaining, dare I say bitching about this match. Oh how horrible it is to get two of the best workers on Smackdown wrestling each other for a third time. I know it's a third time and that doesn't bother me since they work so well together. The stipulation seems to favor Rey because it would make the most sense to have Punk bald. The WWE doesn't always go with the most logical choice. I will take Punk to win and Rey join the SES.

IC Title
Drew McIntyre (c) vs Kofi Kingston
I have loved the untouchable chosen one story with Drew. He is a great heel and a solid in ring performer. Kofi should be kept in the IC title hunt for sometime on Smackdown. I think these two can have a very good feud with a few matches on pay per view. For now, Drew makes the better champion than challenger. I say Drew keeps the belt.

Randy Orton vs Edge
Love this match! Seriously, this is the match I look forward to the most on the entire card. I don't want it to be a one and done feud. Raw needs a feud like this to help the crappy feud we have seen with the WWE title. It is no secret Randy Orton is my favorite character in the WWE. Edge got the momentum on Raw. Over the Limit, the Viper strikes with venom. I like Randy Orton.

World Heavyweight Championship
Jack Swagger (c) vs The Big Show
If you listened to Showstoppers a month ago, Randy Orton was going to win the World Title and head to Smackdown. Now they have done a complete 180 and think Big Show is a stepping stone to help elevate Swagger. Good to see you boys come around. What the hell took you so long? I said at Extreme Rules, Swagger will keep the belt. If the WWE wants to keep making Swagger look strong, he has to beat opponents who are frankly above him. Swagger does keep the belt at Over the Limit. However, can Swagger gut wrench power bomb the Big Show? No chance. Big Show wins the match by DQ.

WWE Title I Quit Match
John Cena (c) vs Batista
No secret, I hate this match and this feud. They have bored the crap out of me the past 3 months. Thankfully this will be the final match of the feud. I would love to see Sheamus come out during the match and beat the piss out of both guys. The no brain er of the entire pay per view is John Cena keeping his title. The WWE could pull of the ultimate switch if they used the story like they used back on Mick Foley. Remember Rock and Foley's I Quit Match when Rock played a recording of Foley screaming I Quit. I quit to win the match. I know it's been done but that is the only way we will ever hear Cena say I quit in a match. Cena wins without the use of duct tape.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com