Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Mixed Bag of Opinions

I have sat back long enough. I haven't written anything about sports for quite sometime. Many things have occurred since I last wrote and I need to get a few things off my chest. My basketball team knocked out the Mavs, then got swept by another rival. The biggest bust ever was released, thankfully. The biggest news is obviously Lebron and where he will sign during the off season. I'm sure this is the 10,000th blog written on Lebron. I get it, we all have our theories. I have my own.

Two seconds after the ball game was over, ESPN was having a two hour Sportscenter on where Lebron will go. Screw the mega corporate conglomerate ESPN. Don't listen to that crap. The facts are Cleveland management has tried to do everything in their power to keep Lebron happy and they have failed. The season maybe over and now the hype will begin. Where will Lebron go? I'm hear to tell you where he needs to go.

The teams in the hunt for Lebron are limited to Chicago, New York, New Jersey, LA Clippers and staying in Cleveland. The fore gone conclusion is the Knicks are going to get Lebron and another superstar and will turn it all around. I don't see it that way. Yes the Knicks are going to get their mega star and most likely it's going to be Dwayne Wade or Joe Johnson. New York is rebuilding and I don't see Lebron wanting any part of a rebuilding process. My choices for Lebron come down to New Jersey, Chicago and Cleveland. New Jersey because they have a nice young talented team with Devin Harris and Brooke Lopez. He could have two talented young pieces when he walks in the door. The bad thing is the Nets are the Mets of the NBA. Second class rate next to the Knicks. Lebron could stay in Cleveland and it would make the most sense to his image. He's the hometown boy and should stay to keep Cleveland fans hopes up for something good. I would have said a week ago, he's not going anywhere. This playoff series has changed my views. Lebron get the hell out of there and head to Chicago. You and Derrick Rose will make one hell of a combination. They will embrace you and never boo you. I'm not a Bulls fan by any stretch. You deserve a team that will give you everything you want and that's Chicago. You can even have a really annoying power forward teammate, Joakim Noah, like Cleveland's Anderson Varejo. You could change from 23 to 45 and no one will care. Lebron, if you care at all about winning head to Chicago.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the Spurs and the Duncan Era being over. I have a ton of respect for Duncan and his accomplishments. I will dedicate an entire blog to the Big Fundamental when he rides off into the sunset. The Era of winning championships is over and now is the time to think ahead to the future. Manu and Duncan aren't going anywhere but a few other guys could be gone. Parker has already being rumored to the Knicks. I would actually go for this trade if a sign and trade could be made for David "Double Double" Lee, Wilson Chandler and a 2nd round pick. I don't think that's to much to ask for when you are getting an NBA Finals MVP. I know Tony wants to stay and I will be fine either way. I like TP. I also know that the Spurs have to have depth in the front court and adding Lee would be a big upgrade over Bonner. Roger Mason, Bonner and Keith Bogans can all take their leave. I had heard Jefferson might opt out, which would be the best thing for the Spurs. If he opts out, more cap space is free to sign a back up shooting guard. The Spurs will have plenty of options. San Antonio has a great general manager and head coach who are always on the same page. I will always have hope when it comes to my Spurs since they usually get the moves right.

Finally the Raiders got one right. What? You thought I wasn't going to mention the best thing to happen to the Raiders in the past decade. Russell is gone and I couldn't be happier. I will say he pulled off the biggest robbery ever. I mean I have never heard a bank robber get away with 39 million dollars. Congratulations on your amazing feat. He is now and will forever be known as the biggest bust in NFL draft history. I don't know if you had heard Ryan Leaf sent him a thank you card. I even heard there was a note inside the card. I got a transcript of the note:

I wanted to say thank you Jamarcus. I have never met you before but you have made the media forget all about me. I thought this day would never come. I sent along a Burger King gift card as a token of my appreciation and I thought you were looking a little slim. Forever grateful, Ryan Leaf.

Now that's a nice story. Speaking of nice stories, I was reading a story on another sports website on Kenny Anderson. He is graduating from an online college after blowing 60 million dollars from his NBA career. He has 7 kids with 5 different women. Am I suppose to feel bad for him? He had 60 million dollars. I guess during college he never took economics. Yes, he is changing his life now and we all have to go through some hardship in life. I know if I had 60 million dollars, I wouldn't be blowing it on stupid stuff or getting a bunch of women knocked up. I'd be on a beach somewhere living the good life. I have a heart and it's nice to see Kenny bounce back. Now keep it in your pants and be smart now that you have an education.

The thing about the sports world is it always evolves. You never know what is going to happen. The headlines keep changing. The talking heads are always telling you what is best for your teams. The truth is you never know what is going to be the best for your team. You can always have hope and sometimes that's enough to get us through the sports world. Unless your a Cleveland fan, who are ready to jump off a bridge in disbelief. I can't blame you and only time will tell if it can get worse.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com