Monday, June 1, 2009

Raw Blog 6-1

The Raw before a pay per view is suppose to get you so excited that you will fork over 40 bucks to watch it. I have to say after Raw monday night, I might be doing just that. Raw was fun, exciting, and actually had a good wrestling match. Although not everything was glamorous, WWE finally put on a show worth watching.

I just want to say before I talk about Raw. I was absolutely shocked that the WWE released Kennedy. I read about it on Friday. Mr Kennedy has a crap load of potential but never reached it. He was pushed twice. First time, he won MITB, money in the bank back at mania 23. He got injuried and lost the briefcase to Edge. Second time he was to be McMahon's son. Instead he tested positive for a banned substance. Im saddened by the fact he is gone. Kennedy made last weeks Raw enjoyable. His return helped the show. I dont think we have seen the last of MRRR. KENNEDY!

Alright, now that I have that out of the way, lets get to Raw. Raw started with Legacy in the ring with a cage around it. Raw has been pushing the hell out of Orton and Batista. We find out Rhodes and Batista will square off in a cage match TONIGHT. WOOO, Flair interupts. He challenges Orton to a parking lot brawl. Im in for that. This hasnt been the problem for Raw. The main event has been great. The Batista Orton feud has been solid. Lets hope the rest of Raw can keep the momentum. The Batista Rhodes cage match starts right after the Flair Orton promo. Batista wins adding fuel to the fire for the main event.

Again Raw tries to show off some Diva action. Been saying it for weeks, please give me a Beth Phoenix Mickie James Maryse match for the Diva Champ. Maryse wins the tag match over Kelly Kelly and Mickie. Decent contest. The momentum starts to go down alittle in the following tag match. Matt Hardy and Regal vs the Colons. I dont understand why you would throw 2 men who just wrestled each other last week as tag partners. The Colons win again. Primo and Carlito need a damn feud!!! They also should be on Raw and Superstars each week. We dont see the last of Hardy and Regal. They ask Vikki for a rematch by helping her beat Santino tonight. Hardy and Regal help Vikki out later on. They take out Santino and Vikki pours slop on him. I missed most of this because I went and got my supper. Ya thats how entertained I was during the segment.

Yet another tag match tonight. Cena and Chavo, who won a drawing to pick Cenas partner, vs Miz and Show. Miz comes out again with a mic in hand. He talks before we go to break. Miz can hold his own on the mic, but enough already. We come back from break and Cena is coming out. Crowd was into him which is always a good sign. The match itself was actually very good. Miz and Show dominate early. Cena on the attack. Show chokeslammed Cena and Miz tagged himself in. Show layed him out as well. Chavo tagged in and won the match. Cena fu'd Chavo. Show knocked out Cena with a punch. Show then choked out Cena. Ok, Show is dominate again the week before a ppv. The same thing happened the week before Judgement Day. Cena hasn't locked in the stfu, so at the ppv what will Cena do....?

A ppv quality match occured on Raw. The show picked back up with a backstage interview with Kofi and MVP, a nice setup before the match. The match itself, AWESOME! Back and forth contest. Kofi has such a unique style of offense. MVP hit a sick kick on Kofi towards the end. Quite a few near falls as well before Kofi picked up a suprising win and became the NEW US CHAMP. A great headline from Raw. I hope they have a rematch.

The main event wasnt a match but a straight up fight. Orton was shown looking for Flair. Flair struck first. These 2 used the arena well. Flair got some good shots in. They ended up ringside. Flair had the advantage. He placed Orton on the announcers table and gave Orton a straight kick to the nuts. It was very funny. Figure 4 on the table. Things went down hill from there for Flair. Legacy came out and nailed Flair. The cage was lowered, Rhodes and Teddy got Flair into the cage. They beat him up for a while until Orton stepped in. He ordered Legacy out and lock the door. Batista came out alittle to late. Well it was because the animal must be afraid of heights. Legacy locked the door and Batista tried to break the door down. Uh, CLIMB THE DAMN CAGE!!! Flair received an RKO and a punt for his trouble. Is he gonna be gone now? I thought it was awesome the crowd had a TRIPLE H chant and not a Batista chant. You read that correctly. The crowd wanted Triple H more than the man who has been pushed to the top the last few weeks on Raw. Thank you WWE universe!! Ive been saying that since the night after Backlash.

Ok if you missed out I need your feedback. I asked for you to email me your favorite wrestler entrance ever. Ive actually received a few already. I want everyone to email me at mccall316@yahoo.com. I will be posting a night of extreme rules preview with my predictions later in the week. I will put a few emails into that. Next week I will post a full blog on which wrestler has the greatest wrestling entrance ever. As always, thanks for reading.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com