Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Night of Extreme Rules

With a nice Raw providing a spark going into the ppv this Sunday. I am back again to preview the one and only night every match on the card has Extreme Rules. I am looking forward to quite a few of these matches. But before I run down the whole card and give you my predictions, I want to show you some of the feedback I have received so far on my question of who has the greatest wrestling entrance ever. If you have an opinion, send me an email to mccall316@yahoo.com. I will personally read them and I will reveal who I believe has the greatest entrance next week. Thank you for those who have already emailed me.

Hey J Call,

I would have to say I have two favorites of all time.

The Undertaker
- As a kid the Undertaker scared the piss out of me. He was dark, unknown and the other wrestlers were terrified by his strange behavior. When the lights dimmed and the bells tolled, the hair on the back of your neck would stands up. Also with an even creepier Paul Bearer, and the power of the Urn there was no entrance like the Undertakers.

Mr. Perfect
- I am giving Mr. Perfect an honorable mention because he was Perfect! No flash, no flair, just perfect. His entrance music is awesome and it just made you feel perfect. He would only have a white towel around his shoulders when he would come down to the ring and an intercontinental title around his waist. Everyone hated his guts because he was so confident in what he was doing. No matter who he faced he was always, Perfect!

Terrance, Ames, IA

Hi J-Call,

My name is John Conner and I live in Hurst Texas. My favorite entrance of all time is The Ultimate Warrior. I could not stand the wrestler himself, but the entrance brought instant energy. I thought it pumped the crowd up immediately, and was very entergetic. Like I said, I don’t like him as a wrestler, but I always got goose bumps watching him run down the aisle to the ring.

J-Conn

P.S. I still hate Chris Jericho

J-Call,

Hey man been checking out the website. I read your Raw blog and saw you were asking a some what difficult question. I have grown up my entire life in Detroit. I am in my 30s now and I went to Wrestlemania 3. I was a young boy and loved Hulk Hogan. The roar of the crowd when he came out to face Andre was breath taking. The atmosphere was something I cant describe. After that I always loved hearing Real American song. Hogan captured every audience member someway. I would say he has the greatest wrestling entrance of all time. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Pete, Detroit MI.

I sure appreciate all the emails and keep them coming. You havent hit on my guy yet so Im happy about that. Now lets get into the ppv prediction.

Fatal Four Way US Title
MVP vs Kofi vs Matt Hardy vs Regal
In cased you missed Raw, Kofi and MVP had one of the best matches of the year so far, at least on Raw. Kofi ending up winning the match and now has his first title defense against 3 other competitors. I love this match up. If done correctly, it has great potential. Since Kofi just won the belt, I cant see them giving it back to MVP. The other two, forget it. Kofi deserves the push and will keep his title.

Submission Match
John Cena vs The Big Show
If you read my Judgement Day prediction blog, I could probably just write the same thing. They have made Show look unstoppable, unbeatable, and indestructible. WWE has teased us that Cena cant lock in the STFU. I wonder what will happen on Sunday..? Its just to predictable not to happen. Cena wins via tapout with use of the STFU.

Somoan Strap Match
Umaga vs Punk
Umaga last week on Smackdown had a great back and forth contest with John Morrison. Im very high on Umaga. Hes big, agile, athletic, and can actually speak english now. He beat Punk in his hometown of Chicago at Judgement Day. As much as Umaga has been pushed, its time to move on to another opponent. Im hoping a returning Undertaker Umaga feud. Punk gets the win.

No Holds Barred Match IC Title
Rey Mysterio vs Y2J Chris Jericho
As was the case @ Judgement Day, this could be the best overall match on the card. The build up to this has been Jericho trying to unmask Rey. The 2 have had a great feud. 2 ECW originals, Im talking before WWE bought out Heyman, go at it in a ECW classic. I believe Rey will keep the belt and hold off Jericho from getting his 9th run as IC champ.

Hog Pen Match
Santina vs Vikki
Um... Do you really want me to break this down? Moving on

Hardcore Rules Match ECW Title
Christian vs Swagger vs Dreamer
I hate to say it, wait no I dont. I told you so! I called this in my Judgement Day preview. Dreamer gets 1 more shot at the ECW title. I like all 3 of these guys. Christian is the best wrestler on ECW and deserves to keep the belt. Although, Dreamer deserves a nice send off and get the belt he only held when the original ECW went under. So who will I take in this contest? Neither, Swagger will stop the fairy tale ending and takes the title back from C squared.

Cage Match WWE Title
Randy Orton vs Batista
The twist in this feud has been the return of the Nature Boy. The punt Flair received from Orton on Raw didn't look great but served a purpose. I just dont care for Batista. I love the Legend Killer. This feud has carried Raw since Backlash. I think its time to end it. They have had 2 main events on ppv. Orton will continue to dominate which is ok by me. The best performer in the WWE will keep his WWE title. When will we see HHH?

Ladder Match World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs Jeff Hardy
If you are not excited for this, stop watching wrestling! The history of these 2 men in ladder matches is more than enough to be excited. WWE has teetered Jeff on this championship line for quite sometime. Edge is the best heel in the company. Im looking forward to this match the most. The ladder match between these two will be insane. Im sure both of them will be innovative and out do one another with the ladder. This is worth buying the pay per view. Will Matt Hardy come out again? Will Punk finally cash in? I dont see either one happening. I said it at Judgement Day, I want Jeff as the champion. I think its time to see it!! Hardy wins and finishes the Rated R Superstar's reign as champion.

Thanks for reading,
J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com