Thursday, June 11, 2009

Greatest Wrestling Entrance

Alright wrestling fans, its time to get into the wrestling question I asked last week. I received a lot of feedback, which you will see further down. This was my first blog where I asked for feedback and I am very happy with the response. I will get to who I believe has the greatest wrestling entrance ever but lets get into what you had to say first.

J-Call,

Hey man been checking out the website. I read your Raw blog and saw you were asking a some what difficult question. I have grown up my entire life in Detroit. I am in my 30s now and I went to Wrestlemania 3. I was a young boy and loved Hulk Hogan. The roar of the crowd when he came out to face Andre was breath taking. The atmosphere was something I cant describe. After that I always loved hearing Real American song. Hogan captured every audience member someway. I would say he has the greatest wrestling entrance of all time. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Pete, Detroit

Thanks Pete. Heres a youtube clip of one of Hogans entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwKvFBgvdMI

Dear J Call,

I have always felt the most electrifying entrance was the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, The Rock. He always excited the crowd. His music was definable, IF ya smell. He brought energy and was smoking hott. The Rock was a guy who just made you stand up and cheer. Even as a bad guy, the fans always loved him. I loved the Rock back in the 90's. The Rock goes down as my favorite wrestler and my favorite entrance.

Laura, NY

I cant argue the Rock electrified the crowd. He was one of the greatest ever. Its a true shame he left way to early! Heres one of the best entrances of The Peoples Champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RefO3eIRS3s

Hey J Call

I would have to say I have two favorites of all time.

The Undertaker
- As a kid the Undertaker scared the piss out of me. He was dark, unknown and the other wrestlers were terrified by his strange behavior. When the lights dimmed and the bells tolled, the hair on the back of your neck would stands up. Also with an even creepier Paul Bearer, and the power of the Urn there was no entrance like the Undertakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6BFHhKXm9A

Mr. Perfect
- I am giving Mr. Perfect an honorable mention because he was Perfect! No flash, no flair, just perfect. His entrance music is awesome and it just made you feel perfect. He would only have a white towel around his shoulders when he would come down to the ring and an intercontinental title around his waist. Everyone hated his guts because he was so confident in what he was doing. No matter who he faced he was always, Perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nXFWUTRHc

Hope this helps,
Terrance

Terrance you are the only one that sent a name in that wasn't in the late 90's. I loved Mr Perfect. I do agree that the Undertaker's entrance is amazing. He plays the best mind games without saying anything in the business, ever.

Hi J-Call,

My name is John Conner and I live in Hurst Texas. My favorite entrance of all time is The Ultimate Warrior. I could not stand the wrestler himself, but the entrance brought instant energy. I thought it pumped the crowd up immediately, and was very energetic. Like I said, I don’t like him as a wrestler, but I always got goose bumps watching him run down the aisle to the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8CIob3it2M&feature=related
Skip ahead past Triple H's pussy entrance to the Warriors at 2:15.
J-Conn

P.S. I still hate Chris Jericho

Well J-Conn, I need to tell you I received quite a few emails on Y2J. In fact one of my good friends in Iowa sent me an email on why Jericho has the best entrance ever. He wrote and I quote "Because he rules. Because he rules..." He typed that 5 times. Before I get into the final email from the head man of bigbadsportsdaddy.com, Larry Stanley. I want to give an honorable mention. My 2nd favorite entrance ever, drum roll, is Y2J, Chris Jericho. I loved his debut in the then WWF, seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lw98sEPLkI He had style, charisma, and excitement. The countdown, the pyro, the music, the silhouette, the video, then he shows up with his back to us. His 2nd return was just as cool. Although Jericho has changed his entrance up alittle, the video, music, and pyro is still there. Y2J's entrance is certainly one of a kind. Ok Larry what ya got?

JCall

I wanted to chime in on your blog question. The best single entrance of all time is Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 12. When he was dancing and came in from the rafters the place exploded it was a great moment in WWE history! That's why they still use the highlight all the time. The Best Ring entrance on a regular basis was DX. That video was cool and always pumped you up!

DX entrance is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPv0IaAQLJs&feature=related

Honorable mention to Austin when the Glass shattered it was Ass Kicking time

Larry in Irving TX

Well Larry, you came just that close to getting this answer correct at least in my opinion. The cool thing about this blog was the feedback. I also have to say the NWO had a sweet intro. I got a few text messages giving props to Triple H. The game has a very good intro but its not the best. I loved the fact that most of the feedback was on wrestlers from the Attitude era. The WWF's attitude era was the most exciting era ever in wrestling history. The era was defined by one man, Stone Cold Steve Austin. As I said Y2J's intro was rockstar like. Stone Cold's entrance was no nonsense, straight up in your face, and kick your ass. From the glass shattering, the music, the BMF, bad mother f'r, walk, to JR screaming "Stone Cold, Stone Cold". One of my favorite Austin moments was the night he came out and helped Mankind win his first WWF title over The Rock. All hell broke out with DX and the Corporation ringside. The next thing, the glass breaks and out comes the rattlesnake. He crashes the party and nails Rock with a chair and puts Mankind on top for the 3 count. The title was Mankinds' but the moment was Austins'. I started to youtube the best Austin intro I could find and I believe his return at No Way Out in 2003 was the best ever. I believe JR had a stroke during this entrance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_92eJZfZ0 Stone Cold will always have a special place in my heart. The greatest WWE superstar also has the greatest entrance in wrestling history. There will never be a bigger pop in wrestling history like the ones Stone Cold received. Thanks for reading.

J Call

1 comment:

  1. BEST ENTRANCE EVER...........

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QBbSYNn7tE


    JD

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com