Monday, March 28, 2011

Raw 3-28

We are 6 days away from the grand daddy of them all, Wrestlemania. I can't wait. I've been a little disappointed about the Taker/HHH story or lack of story. The rest of the card seems set except perhaps adding Corre vs. Show/Kane/Kofi. Raw is jam packed with some special guests and big time appearances. Smackdown has already announced a street fight between Del Rio and Christian. I don't think we will get anything that good on Raw. I believe tonight will be all about Rock/Cena/Miz. I was pumped all day to witness a Raw full of attitude. The go home Raw has to peak more interest to make sure we are all ready to purchase Wrestlemania.

The Chicago Made Punk (You see CM or it could be Chick Magnet) was likely to get a giant cheer tonight from his fellow Chicagoians or whatever they are called. I've liked the Orton/Punk feud. This is what Punk needed to do, grab a mic and do his thing. He got the fans to turn on him somewhat from the start of the promo. I've heard fans complain that Orton is just playing the roll of Cena. I disagree for a few reasons. One, I like Orton, dislike Cena. The match between Orton and Punk will be much better than anything Cena can do. The added element of an injury is great. Orton is now a wounded animal and if he loses at Wrestlemania, it doesn't look as bad. I wonder if any Nexus member returns.


I was hoping for a 5 second pose. Edge and Christian were scheduled to be in a tag on Smackdown a few weeks ago but never happened. I love both these guys. I think it would be a dumb idea to turn Christian heel at Wrestlemania and cost Edge the WHC. Christian plays the better good guy. Edge's character is a more natural bad guy. I hope it's as simple as keeping both good for now and we get a Triple Threat at the next pay per view, whatever the hell WWE is calling it. Since there will be Smackdown, I expect Edge to get the best of Del Rio then. I love Del Rio's ruthless aggression. They are going to have a great match at Wrestlemania.


Sin Cara wrestled over the weekend against Primo. The match was amazing. In fact, I was nice enough to give you the link by clicking here. I tried to embed it but didn't work. The flip off the top is nuts. I've daydreamed about a Bourne/Sin Cara match already. Wow that might turn some heads.


I guess Kofi won't get on the Wrestlemania card. I'm not saying Santino and Kozlov don't deserve to be on the card. They just haven't even wrestled Corre in weeks. Kofi lost his title on Friday night and won't get an opportunity to win it back. That is lazy writing and typical for WWE. Kofi deserves either a rematch or on the card. I will admit I laughed my ass off for the celebrating dance off. Kane does have a sense of humor. You can add humor to the broadcast in easy ways but they have to be funny. That was simple and funny. People's court was uh the complete opposite.


The Undertaker entrance still gives me chills. The bell tolling as Triple H was going to spit was brilliant. Raw certainly stopped as the real Show stopper came out. It was about damn time HBK got involved in the story. I didn't see HBK calling out Triple H during the segment. That was a nice twist. I hope one day they can write a book on The Undertaker. A complete real book and not some fake in character book. It would be awesome. I've read the 2 Jericho books and just finishing up with the Stone Cold Steve Austin book. The Jericho books are real, out of character must read books. The Austin book is a bit of a letdown. Back to the Raw blog, the whole segment was awesome. They brought me back into the story. The only problem I had with the in ring segment was it brough sympathy to Triple H. It made him look like an underdog. As much as I love HBK, he really did make the focus on him. It was a wonderful segment. But creating HHH as this underdog is something I don't like. They both should be made strong. Still, overall I can't complain to much when 3 of the biggest icons in the wrestling industry were standing in the same ring.


Michael Cole nearly got fired for his racial slur on twitter a few days ago. He should have. My guess is the tweet got a lot of heat on Cole, which lead to a short segment between Lawler and Cole. Even when he doesn't speak, Cole messes up.


The tag match with Sheamus/Ziggler/Morrison/Bryan is a preview of what the future of the WWE could look like. Ziggler and Morrison need a real feud after Wrestlemania. Minus the women, minus all the pub and a simple one on one story. If they were on Smackdown, they would help elevate the IC title and move on in another year or two in the WHC. On Raw, they are nothing more than fillers. Hopefully they get a long feud with the United States title after Wrestlemania.
The Road Warriors were the greatest tag team of all time. Hawk was the talker and Animal was the power. The spiked shoulder pads, the paint and muscle was a perfect combo. They deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. WWE Hall is a joke but at least 2 or 3 guys each year get in that deserve it. LOD ruled plain and simple, WHAT A RUSH!

Glad I went and took a pee break during the whole Shore segment.


It certainly feels special when The Rock is live and in front of a great hot crowd. I didn't figure The Rock would get interupted by a clock tonight. It's hard to put into words the final segment. The moment with Cena and The Rock was breath taking. Miz did have a great aura around him tonight. I thought he held his own with Cena and Rock. The people's elbow was greatness and the AA was perfect ending. The only question is where is the pay off? Unless The Rock is going to actually stick around and beat the piss out of both these guys, then all of this is for nothing. I would be fine if this dragged on and The Rock and Cena went at it one on one next year. If WWE really wanted to throw a giant curveball, they would turn Cena a full fledge heel. The Rock could help that. Otherwise, this is just to hype Mania and The Rock will hose Cena but he doesn't like either man. I don't have my crystal ball out. I can't see into the future for Wrestlemania. I will try and do that on Thursday morning with my Wrestlemania pick blog. A great show and a great ending. I'm ready for Sunday.


Time for some plugs before I walk. ShowStoppers will have a special guest on Wednesday when it hits BBSD. During Raw, you can follow me @bigbadsportsdad or any other time @mccall316 on twitter. As I mentioned, I will be back for my Wrestlemania pick blog on Thursday morning or Wednesday night on blogger.com. Enjoy the hype for Wrestlemania. I know I am. Stunners for Everyone.


J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com