Monday, March 21, 2011

Raw 3-21

The previous week of wrestling was very good in this wrestling blogger's opinion. Hell, even TNA had their moments. Raw may not be as stratusfying as last week, instead it should help build a few other matches for the card at Mania. The new United States Champion Sheamus should get an opponent of either Kofi or Daniel Bryan. Triple H and The Undertaker need to do something as last week didn't help at all. I hate Snooki and her being added to the card. Still, I love Ziggler and him being in a high profile match is good enough. The WWE has only 3 Raws left and time is running out.


I'm ready for the Triple H Taker match at Wrestlemania. I don't think the hype has been as good as I thought it would be. I figured Shawn would make a live appearance and have a few words for Triple H. We've only saw a bunch of videos. It's a little disappointing. Biggest shocker was Ted Dibiase was actually used. Sure, he got the same treatment as Sheamus a few weeks ago. Still, some people may have forgot about Teddy. He had a great match on Smackdown taking on Rey. Teddy is the most underused talent in the WWE. If you don't believe that, I got two words for ya... The whole story feels rushed. Without Triple H or Taker actually beating each other up, it's weak. I want the match but I'm not as excited as I should be to witness it. The video later in the night was pretty sweet. One thing WWE knows how to do, production.

Sheamus is finally winning matches which is good. I would rather see him in a real match against Evan. I guess Evan won't be on Wrestlemania. They have yet to build a real story for Sheamus. As I wrote that, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus is booked for Wrestlemania. I'm really happy about that. Bryan deserves to be on the card and I believe Sheamus and Bryan will open the show. They can create a hot opener. They already had a great Raw match which is difficult with time restraints. WWE should give them about 15 minutes of actual in ring time and it won't disappoint.
The Diva match certainly mattered. Eve's slap was sweet. WWE is making an even bigger sham of the Diva division. Eve is the Diva champion and hardly anyone remember. I know it is Coles' job to be a douchebag. You can do that in ways when it doesn't hurt the rest of the roster. Worst part of all was Cole wasn't even the next segment. What the hell was the point?

Good to see Santino and Kozlov got a rematch about 3 months later. I've never understood Heath Slater and his one man rock band moniker. What's a mean? He must be ultra talented on the guitar, mic and drums. He sure as hell isn't talented in the ring. Big Show and Kane may add Kevin Nash to go up against the Corre. It would make sense. Raw has them blindside Corre and then Smackdown Corre turns the table until the big truck horn hits and Nash walks down the aisle on his giant stilts.

Hmm, Cena is live via satellite. Pretty lame Cena. The crowd sure got a huge 'Cena Sucks' chants. Those are always fun. The interview was stupid and meant zip. WWE says it's entertainment and at this point it wasn't entertaining. Raw was boring up to this point. Cole didn't make it much better.

Cole and Swagger have to get in as many shots as possible. Wrestlemania is going to go a lot like this: Glass breaks and Austin does the BMF walk to the ring. Swagger and Cole follow and then Lawler. Cole starts talking and then Ross comes down to announce the match. Cole gets pissed and starts to whine. Lawler punches Cole to shut him up. Swagger tries to interfere and receives a stunner for his trouble. Lawler continues to beat the crap out of Cole. The crowd is going crazy. Lawler hits the fist drop, 1-2-3. Lawler wins. Austin, Lawler and JR celebrate with some cold ones. Cole gets back up and gets a Stunner. You wait and it will go down very close to this paragraph only it will last 10 minutes to long.

Snooki gives WWE a bunch of pub. That's about it. I can't stand her and haven't like any of the celebrity matches except the LT Bam Bam match and Tyson's involvement. Otherwise, keep them out of the ring. Morrison and Ziggler should be the match, by themselves. I made the notion that Morrison and Ziggler would wrestle for their respective show's number one contender. I know that's too smart. Of course, WWE would change a match in midstream. More awesome writing. I don't want you to read this wrong, I enjoy watching Trish Stratus. I just want the match to begin and end with the same participants. I figured Cole would interrupt their match as well. Vicki getting to pin Morrison was greatness. That may have been the best part of the show so far. Seriously, she is very talented.
I have to say, I'm pretty pumped to see Sin Cara. He's going to be a lot of fun to watch. Then again, WWE won't have a clue how to use him. He will probably sit around the mid card status forever.
I tweeted that Orton was foreshadowing talking about his family earlier. I figured Punk might take the bus or something to that affect. Again, Raw cuts off a match to further a story. Wrestlemania should be loaded with in ring entertainment since Raw hasn't had any real matches for weeks.

I have liked Miz stealing the spotlight but Raw couldn't come up with anything for a main event except for Miz-tory. By the time Miz-tory hit my television screen, I was too bored to care. I had a feeling Cena would be there and was complete in shock that he was there. I couldn't believe it. (Read with lots of sarcasim).
Raw provided nothing of real interest. I was pretty bored by the time Miz-tory rolled around. A typical ending to a standard Raw. The WWE pretty much phoned that in and will wait for next weeks Raw with the return of The Rock. I'm expecting big things. If the WWE gives this crap again, Wrestlemania's road won't make it to Atlanta. Keep your browser locked on BBSD for more wrestling opinions. ShowStoppers have moved to Wednesday which means they have one extra day to slack off before taping. You can always follow me on twitter @mccall316 and or find me on facebook. I'm live on twitter during Raw under the BBSD account @bigbadsportsdad. Stunners for everyone.
J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com