Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Elimination Picks and The Return of the Great One

I was planning on a very simple Elimination Chamber blog. I figured I would give you a few laughs, miss several picks and wait for 2-21-11. I can't do that now. I'm forced to go off because some people piss me off. This is going to be about the Great One's return on Raw. I'm so sick of the negativity I get when I search around the Internet. I realize I am not a professional writer. I know I don't have real insight to the world of professional wrestling. I am a man with a blog on a sports website, allowed to speak freely when I damn well please. This is one of those times.

The Rock returning on Raw was the best thing to happen in the WWE in a very long time. I figured the IWC (Internet Wrestling Community, follow me) would be chanting the Rock's name and going crazy. I couldn't imagine anyone not liking it. I know you can't please everyone but this was the F'N ROCK! No, no some need to see the bad things that happened once "If Ya Smell..." hit the sound system. I heard 'he out shined the youth' or 'the rest of Raw was meaningless' and the list goes on and on. Why can't we simply enjoy a moment without beating to death the negatives?

Did the Rock outshine everyone? You damn right he did. He walked out and Cena crapped his pants when he heard the pop. That's a wrestling pop people! The crowd went berserk as they should. His return was the biggest shock and real surprise in years. His promo was flawless. Timing impeccable. Everything done to the core of ripping Cole, Cena and Miz were beautifully crafted. Why ruin it by saying he just made fun of the top guys? He's the F'N Rock. That's his character. He made fun of everyone back in his prime. The Rock is easily in the top 5 of mic skills of all time and could be number 1 depending on who you speak to.

Did the Rock give you amnesia? If you forget everything that happened on Raw besides the Rock, then the answer is yes. The Rock gave you amnesia. The fact is the episode wasn't the greatest but there were positives. Miz and Bryan had a great 2 segment match and Miz boosted the Lawler match for EC by himself. Punk and Cena started the night off in the right direction and Orton and Sheamus did their part to build up the Raw Elimination Chamber match. Of course the highlight of the night was Rocky. It's been 7 damn years! The next time appreciate the moment. Take it all in. Breath near the speakers of your television and smell the aroma. If you don't want to do that, then take a cue from the People's Champ and KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Intercontinental Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

Can Alberto win the IC belt and face the World Champ at Mania for both titles? It's only been done one other time and it was the Warrior vs. Hogan Mania VI. I can't see the reasoning unless you want to build Alberto up even more. I don't think you need to do that. The real reason to have him face Kofi is for exposure. Alberto's the Royal Rumble winner and needed to be on the card. Somehow I see Kofi keeping the belt.

WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Jerry the King Lawler

I gave away my pick on ShowStoppers but someone forgot to put it in the segment. I chose Lawler on SS and am sticking to it. I know I'm going to be wrong. Miz is going to win. However, for the sake of fun and pure enjoyment, I want King to win. I think it would be shocking and surprising. The following night, 2-21-11, the Miz gets a rematch, wins the title back with help from Riley and Cole and bingo! You have a payoff at Wrestlemania with Lawler taking on Riley and Cole. It's not going to happen and I know I'm going to be wrong. I don't care. Lawler is my pick.

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Edge (c) vs Kane vs Rey vs Barrett vs Drew vs ?

I won't spoil anything from Smackdown but Ziggler will not be in this match. The setup has been Edge and Del Rio for weeks. I can't see the WWE changing it. The only way this changes is if the mystery man is say Sting, Jericho or Triple H. Otherwise, Ziggler probably weasels back in during the pay per view and gets one more shot. You have a heel waiting in the wings so a face makes sense to win this match. WWE don't throw the curveball here. Edge wins.

Raw Elimination Chamber match for the right to face the WWE champion at Mania
Cena vs. Morrison vs Sheamus vs Orton vs Truth vs Punk

This match will likely be the finale to the show. Some speculate the Rock is going to wrestle Cena at Mania so anyone is fair game in this match. You are gravely mistaken. Rock said he would see Cena and Miz at Wrestlemania. I don't think he meant a Triple Threat Match either. What did he mean? More than likely, Rock is the special guest ref in their main event match or something to that affect. The match should come down to Orton and Cena. WWE could test the waters of a potential feud between the two down the line depending on the response. Personally, I'd rather see Punk vs Orton vs Miz vs Cena for the WWE title at Mania. They have all been feuding in someway. Throw them into a Fatal Four Way and be unique. The 4 way dance hasn't happened since Wrestlemania 2000 or XVI. The Super human Cena will walk out with the victory.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com