Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tiger Mania

I am sure you already heard Tiger is coming back. I couldn't help myself and wanted to write about the situation. I feel this is all such a setup. He gets caught banging a ton of women, gets "treated" and all of sudden he's going to play in the Masters. What a coincidence Tiger Woods. You sir, should be given an Academy Award. You set all of this up so we can all witness your amazing comeback at the biggest golf event of the year.

I say this with the utmost respect to you Tiger, you are one sneaky son of a bitch. You have your life ruined because your wife catches you in all your damn lies. You didn't even give us a great reason during your press conference. You were Tiger 2.0. You had no emotion or heart all you did was read off your damn script. I wanted you to go off the cuff and show us something. Now I have to wonder if you are only coming back because you desire the lime light. I'm starting to wonder what the hell the difference is between Tiger Woods and Brett Favre.

The other thing I am wondering is how the fans are going to react to Tiger at Augusta. My guess is it will be a mixed reaction. I think some fans will boo him, as much as you can boo on a golf course, and some fans will cheer Tiger. America loves the underdog and I wonder if America sees Tiger that way. He is "overcoming" so much to get back. I certainly don't see Tiger as an under dog. Hell ESPN will probably call him the favorite to win. I see it as the golden opportunity for Tiger to get as much publicity as he can.

I'm not saying he should never be allowed to come back to golf. I think the timing is a little strange. The Masters is the best tournament of the year. The casual golf fan gets into the Masters. Tiger is coming back and will be the talk of the sports world from now until the first tee off in April. I am already sick of it. I am not wrapped up in the hype and the return of the best golfer in the world. I'm sure the movie will be in production if he wins. I know we all love a good story. Tiger isn't one of them.

Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com