Monday, March 8, 2010

Raw 3-8

The start of the Monday Night Wars on television and the Monday Night blogs on BBSD. I will continue to bring you the best WWE blog on the planet and now you can get the best TNA blog on the planet with Wasp. I love it and why wouldn't you love it. As a wrestling fan this is what we all wanted since WCW went under. The WWE needs competition to feed off of, make the best story lines and give us the quality in ring match ups week after week. Raw is coming off a strong finish last week with Sheamus showing up and taking out HHH. I don't have anything to write about in the second paragraph. It's all about Raw! WOOOO, wait can I do the wooo with Flair on TNA?

You know a Raw is going to be special when The Phenom opens the show. Plus we get to hear Justin Roberts shout out The Undertaker. I have noticed the crowds differ each week. One week they chant Undertaker, then the next week HBK chants. Shawn and Taker are heading down a dark path to Wrestlemania. The new stipulation to their match is absolutely perfect. The match last year was an epic in ring classic and this year will be a brutal match in and out of the ring. The in ring segment with Taker and Shawn was brilliant. The two men are getting old and are better with age. I knew last year Taker was going to win at Wrestlemania. I have a different feeling this year about their match. I honestly have no idea if Taker's streak will continue. I have said numerous times that the streak will never end. The WWE is making even me second guess myself.

I guess the WWE had nothing else for the Divas to do on Raw. We saw 6 Diva matches almost every week for three or four weeks in a row. I thought it was over when Maryse and Kim faced each other for the title a few weeks ago. Now the WWE is pushing the wrong woman. What the hell is the Diva match going to be at Wrestlemania? I don't understand the Women's division at all. Smackdown should be giving us Beth vs McCool and Raw should have a rematch of Kim vs Maryse. I bet we get a crappy battle royal or even better a 6 Diva inter promotional match. I can't wait for that.

I will piss you off with this statement, Miz is one of the best mic men in the WWE right now. I hate to say that because I hate Miz. I didn't care much for Truth and Morrison being thrown together as a tag team. However, I liked them giving ShowMiz, MizShow a beat down. I thought it didn't give away anything to the Mania match and gave the fans a reason to care about the match. I think we are in for a serious swerve at Wrestlemania. The WWE has been talking about turning Morrison heel. I could see them losing to ShowMiz and Morrison turning on Truth afterwards. The titles should stay with ShowMiz to make them look like a real tag team.

Legacy and Orton keeps getting interesting in my eyes. I love Randy Orton and he should get back into the title picture after the Legacy break up finishes up. Randy could start to become the anti hero all the teenagers and guys like me want to see on WWE TV. He attacked Legacy from behind and the crowd cheered. I am not comparing Orton to Austin but that's the road Orton could travel down. Cena could be the kids good guy who never does anything wrong. Randy could be the new anti man willing to do anything for his own benefit. The pathes would never have to cross because Orton could go to Smackdown and be the leading man. Edge will only work as a face for so long. Edge is a much better heel and Orton could easily be the face in that feud. Sorry, went way off topic there. The match was a very good one and given plenty of time. I liked what the WWE did tonight giving Legacy and Orton time to develop a great in ring performance. I still don't know what kind of match we will see between these three at Wrestlemania. I want to see Dibiase vs Orton one on one. Perhaps Rhodes gets one of those quality punts from Orton in the next few weeks to even the playing field.

Finally, The Game is back. I wanted to see the badass, no joking all serious Triple H to return and he did on Raw. I don't care for DX because they are old and aren't that funny anymore. I do like Triple H being alone and going out there and being one of the best in world. Triple H's character has been through a lot since he walked in the WWE. The WWE needed a kick in the ass and Triple H vs Sheamus is that type of a feud. I could almost feel Triple H being energized by this new opponent. This is something of a new concept for Triple H. He has been in the WWE or World Title match in every Mania since Wrestlemania 18. The only time he wasn't, he was injuried. The fresh story line with HHH and Sheamus is good for everyone involved and the fans.

The thought of a Air Bourne off the top of a 20 foot ladder gives me goosebumps. Can you imagine how sweet that will look? I am still waiting for Kofi to get into something at Wrestlemania. Evan Bourne is nice in Money in the Bank. He can fly around and will make a few sweet high risk spots. The only thing I wish they would have done with Money in the Bank is give one of the NXT guys a shot to get in the match. I know they are rookies and are only starting to get some tv time. A battle royal would have been the easiest way of getting one of the guys in.

I didn't care for Criss Angel that much tonight. I like the Mind freak but his backstage segments were kind of boring and looked to staged. He didn't do to bad as the guest announcer though. The gauntlet was a nice touch for the main event. Vince is always thinking and has some kind of a scheme. Kofi where the hell have you been? I thought tonight would make me care more about the Batista Cena match at Mania. I was wrong. I still don't give a crap about the WWE title match. I know Cena is going get the ultimate revenge and win back the title. Overall, I liked the HHH Sheamus and Taker HBK segments. I thought there was a major lack with in ring wrestling except for the excellent Legacy Orton match.

Next weeks Raw is hosted by the toughest son of a bitch in the WWE, the Texas rattlesnake and one of the greatest of all time Stone Cold Steve Austin! You know the WWE is setting up something for Austin at Wrestlemania. I think it will be special guest ref in the Bret Vince match. I know the match is already big and if Austin was the ref, it maybe one of the biggest matches ever. The Raw next week is even bigger with all the Mania rewind matches. I like what the WWE is doing with TNA being three hours next week, you want to have a good Raw with plenty of matches and segments announced to keep you staying on the USA network. I hope you enjoyed another Raw blog and be sure to check out even more wrestling on Wasp's TNA blog. The Wars have started and BBSD has got you covered.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com