Monday, March 15, 2010

Raw 3-15

Raw has been up and down in their story lines going into the biggest event of the year. I love Money in the Bank, Bret Vince and HBK and Taker. I don't care for the WWE title match because it's featuring two guys I can't stand. I said it a few weeks ago, the WWE needs to step their game up and put on the best damn shows they can. Then and only then will the best damn WWE blogger praise them. Well tonight, STONE COLD STONE COLD! My favorite wrestler and my favorite character of all time on the same show plus great matches announced. Now I call that stepping up. Raw can't miss right?

Raw opens the way it should have with the Texas Rattlesnake and the greatest WWE star of all time. The crowd reaction was breath taking. If the WWE were smart, they would keep Austin as the GM permanently and then put Bret as the GM of Smackdown. If that were to happen, the WWE would have to can't miss general managers. I hate PG WWE especially when they bleep Austin saying ASS. Cena and Austin in the same ring could not have been more different characters. Austin the ultimate rebel and Cena the ultimate super hero good guy. The first in ring segment was incredible. A perfect opener just the way I wanted it.

As far as the match between Cena and Show. I thought it wasn't anything special that I haven't seen before between the two. Cena always gets his butt kicked and then turns it around. The match is always the same damn thing between Show and Cena. I wasn't surprised Batista showed up to cost Cena the match. The main problem I have with Cena story lines are they end up the same way. He keeps getting pushed down and losing matches. The match at Mania will end with Cena as champ. The WWE should have Batista and Cena as the semi main event and have Cena lose. I would be happy and surprised to see that.

We saw Sheamus and Bourne wrestle twice when Sheamus was the WWE champion. I hated what they did to Bourne. The guy is going into Money in the Bank and gets killed by Sheamus. I know you have to highlight the Sheamus HHH feud. I understand pushing Sheamus and making him look good. You can do that without burying a guy I am suppose to think has a chance at Money in the Bank. Shawn, Jericho and Austin was TV gold and that's all i got to say about that.

I guess the WWE decided three weeks in a row was enough of 6 Diva title matches. The match with Maryse and Kelly was way to short. They still have done nothing with Maryse and the beat down afterward proves it. I knew it. Smackdown heel Divas team up with Raws only heel Diva to make a...a come on you know what I am going to say. A 6 diva inter promotional match at Mania. I called it last week on the Raw blog. Good job WWE way to be predictable.

The one thing the WWE can do is put together a package that looks unbelievable. The video of HBK and Taker is one of the best I have ever seen. I remember the Shawn Michaels Chris Jericho match from Wrestlemania 19. I thought it was one of the best matches either have put on. I think both men may have asked for the match on Raw. Shawn is leaving soon and Jericho loves wrestling Shawn. The match was solid but not great. I didn't care for the count out. I was happy Edge showed up for another spear. I believe Edge and Jericho will end Mania and will be one of the best World Heavyweight title matches we have ever seen.

I got another wish for Mania with the Legacy Triple Threat match. I thought Orton vs HHH last year at Wrestlemania was quite a letdown. The story line had all the McMahons on the line and didn't have any of them show up at Mania. I hope I am not the only one who noticed that Orton's ddt is now as good as Jake the Snake Roberts. Before Legacy showed up, the Game and Orton were proving why they are two of the best in the wrestling world. I was in shock to see Sheamus. I am serious! I never saw him coming out to attack HHH. The only gripe I have is didn't that show how strong Sheamus is. We could have saw a nice match with Sheamus and Bourne to showcase both talents and have Sheamus win in a competitive match. He would have looked strong then and came out later to attack HHH. I don't understand why they screwed us out of the match earlier.

The Showstoppers hosts were complaining last week about the Hall of Fame inductees for this years ceremony. I understand a guy like The Rock isn't being inducted so they are pissed. I will admit the class is somewhat weak. I like Mad Dog and Million Dollar Man. I want to see Bret's dad Stu get in and then I won't complain. I have read reports that Bob Uecker will be inducted. He was part of the early Manias and would mostly likely be drunk so that will be entertaining.

Kofi's return last week was in a word lackluster. Kofi should be the last guy in the Money in the Bank instead of getting squashed by Batista. I'm surprised they didn't stop the match when Batista was cut. The whole PG WWE is getting out of hand and becoming a joke. They bleeped ass and have stopped ppv matches because of blood.

I knew Stone Cold would right the wrong about Stu. I like the stipulation because we all know Bret can't do what Bret used to do in the ring. I wanted Austin to be the ref for Bret vs Vince. I did get Bret to take the cast off and admit he was a 100% and the match is now no holds barred. The feud and story is getting better. The match is exactly what I want and was setup weeks ago. I don't usually like Raw heading without a match but I didn't seem to mind.

The overall show was again up and down. I knew the Mania rewind matches would not be as good as the matches we saw at Mania. I still thought the Orton HHH match was very well done as was the Jericho HBK match. However the other ones didn't do anything and the WWE is ruining the push they gave Kofi oh so long ago. I think I can speak for everyone when I say it was good to see Austin back in a WWE ring. I wish he was on the Mania show. One more week to go and only 5 shows before the biggest event of the year. If you need more wrestling, check out Wasp's TNA blog right here on BBSD. A brand new Showstoppers will also be up for your listening enjoyment. TNA is having a ppv this Sunday, Wrestlemania the following Sunday and BBSD keeps you up to date with all your wrestling needs.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com