Thursday, September 24, 2009

NFL Week 3 Picks

After crumbling to 8-8 last week. I am now 20-12 over the first two weeks of picking NFL games straight up. Last week was full of surprises. I hate the Jets but their defense is looking great. My buddies and I had a great week with our 3 teams, Cincinnati, Houston, and Oakland all won. I may have chosen the Cowboys but I was sure happy the home crowd went home crying. If you need more Cowboy talk, head over to John's blog, cuz he was crying about Wade Phillips. John you can't win a game with Romo turning over the ball. Turnovers kill anyone ask Kansas City. Week 3 might be even more unpredictable. Please don't bet on my picks and send me the bill like the Oregon Duck fan. Week 3 picks:



Balt over Cle

Cleveland is flat out one of the worst teams in the NFL. I read a few power polls that had Baltimore number 1. Baltimore's resume so far isn't that impressive but when most "experts" top teams lost, Baltimore's win over San Diego looked a whole lot better. Flacco continues to progress nicely. The defense is smash mouth like it has been for the last few years. KC played Balt tough but Cleveland won't sneak up on the Ravens.



NYG over Tampa Bay

The Giants would be my top team on my own power rankings. New York got a few gifts from Tony Romo and spoiled the birth of the Alien Stadium. Eli is playing out of his mind. The young wide outs are starting to come around, told ya. Tampa Bay played Dallas well in Week 1, but this is the G-men.



Hou over Jac

Where is the consistency Houston? The Texans have not been consistent since they began the new franchise. First week they score 7 points on the Jets. Week 2, the offense blows up for 34 and beat a good Titans team. What the hell am I suppose to do now? Jacksonville always seems to play hard against division opponents. I love MJD but I don't think he will be enough. Houston has to win this and get back on track.



NE over Atl

Is everyone jumping off the Patriots bandwaggon prematurely? I would say yes. Tom Brady may not be the same yet but he will come around. The defense is what concerns me. Hotlanta may not be the answer. Matty Ice has been great when he is suppose to have a sophmore slump. The Falcons have a great ground game and Mat is doing everything right so far. Was the Jets loss a fluke ore a sign of things to come? I'll have to see another loss before I lose my trust in Brady and Co.



GB over Stl

Green Bay lost to the Bungals last week. The defense fell apart and couldn't get a stop when they needed it. The cure: travel to the worst team in the NFL. The Rams may not win a game unless something drastic happens. I believe Rodgers will have a big day and the Pack will get back on their winning ways.



Philly over KC

Kansas City dominated the ball last week and still managed to lose the game. Cassell didn't help throwing 2 picks at the wrong time to Michael Huff. Philly looked lost and confused on both sides of the ball against New Orleans. I said it last year, its all about McNabb when it comes to the Eagles. Vick returns to the regular season makes this game interesting. Philly should win in a close one.



Wash over Det

In several sites, I've read Det will get their 1st win in almost 2 years. What the hell am I missing? We are still talking about the Lions, right? Matthew Stafford has struggled because of a lack in the ground game. If the Redskins play like they did in week 1 vs NYG instead of last week against the Rams, the skins will win. The Lions will win a game this year, but not now.



Min over SF

Is San Fran the worst 2-0 team in the league? No, Denver is but I think it is close. San Fran plays in a terrible division and is leading it. Minnesota plays in a competitive division and has won 2 games on the road. Open the Metrodome with a W. Gore vs AD Peterson should be fun to watch. Both guys are good but I am taking All Day.



Tenn over NYJ

Tennessee is the best 0-2 team in the league. Ten defense lapsed last week against the Texans. Schaub hit his big play maker Andre Johnson for 2 tds. New York's defense hasn't given up an offensive touchdown in 2 games. Mark "Savior" Sanchez is not the reason they are 2-0. Media needs to calm down on the Sanchise. Desperate teams usually get these types of wins. Sanchez doesn't have a big WR playmaker. Chris Johnson won't put up 50 fantasy points but his team will get the win. They need it badly.

I am running out of time this week to type any more. I will quick pick the next few.
New Orleans over Buffalo. Brees is an MVP QB and this team is not going to slow down.
San Diego over Miami. San Diego is at home and needs a good game to bounce back after two losses. I know they beat Oakland but not in my head. Rivers will lead them.
Pit over Cin. My buddy Chris loves the Bengals. I understand his frustration when it comes to rooting for pro teams. I just can't take his team after the big win last week. Big Ben needs to take care of the ball. He needs a damn running game to help him out.
Oak over Den. I hope this is not the game I have to watch on CBS. My god I had to sit through the Raider Chiefs game. Russell freakin sucks and has no accuracy. I hate the Donkeys so I am going with my boys.
Ari over Indy. I have no clue who to pick in this game. Arizona lost in the first week to a common 49er team. Indy has played very well both weeks. I just don't trust an east coast team flying to the west coast.
Dallas over Carolina. A crappy Monday night game is upon us. I can't wait for Romo and Jake to turn it over a total of 6 times. I like Dallas at home in this one.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com