Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NFL Week 1 and Award Prediction

I have taken upon myself to preview the entire NFL here on BBSD. Now is the time to dive in on who is going to win the whole damn thing plus awards. I am going to predict the winners each week on BBSD. You can keep tabs on how you do against me and email me how dumb I am each and every week. The NFL, anything can happen.

In case you didn't read my NFC or AFC blogs you can scroll down and find them. Here is a recap of the division winners and wild card teams I have predicted so far.

NFC Division Winners AFC Division Winners
#1 NYG #1 NE
#2 ARI #2 PIT
#3 GBP #3 IND
#4 ATL #4 SD

NFC Wild Cards AFC Wild Cards
#5 PHI #5 BAL
#6 MIN #6 HOU

I love some of the match ups if this happens. The first round would feature Favre's Vikings vs Rodgers's Packers. Indy hosting a division rival Houston Texans. Second round could be Manning vs Brady, Big Ben vs Balt's D, or Warner vs Matty Ice, Eli vs Favre. I love looking at future match ups. Anyway, the way I saw it after the first round winners Minne, ATL, SD, and IND. Tom Brady against Peyton Manning again would be so damn good. 2ND round winners are NYG, MIN, NE, and PIT. I love the Giants and New England in the title game, a rematch from 2 years ago. I am taking the New England Patriots to win the whole thing. Tom Brady is the MVP of the regular season and Super Bowl. Here are a few other awards:

Comeback Player of the Year: Matt Hasselback, QB. Seattle. Matt had injuries galore last year and with a full season without injuries he could lead the Seahawks to the playoffs.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Mark Sanchez, QB. NYJ. I don't think it will matter how many wins Mark gets the Jets. He has been announced as the savior of the Jets. The media will make him the ROTY.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: James Laurinaitis, LB. STL. I maybe being a little biased on this pick but I don't care. I love this kid. Yes, his dad was a wrestler and I am a huge wrestling fan. James will be a tackling machine and his new coach will put him in the right spot on a ton of plays. A 2ND rounder, James will be a force to deal with for the Rams.

Week 1 predictions
No depth on why I am picking them. Here are my week 1 winners:
Pitt, Atl, Cin, Min, Ind, Nos, Dal, Phi, Bal, Hou, Nyg, Ari, Sea, GB, NE, Oak.

Next week I will go in depth on the match ups.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com