Thursday, September 17, 2009

NFL Week 2 Picks

After breaking down the entire NFL and making my picks last week, I found out a few things. First, I can pick NFL winners straight up with no line. I also learned that I am going to be wrong on a few of my predictions. For example, I predicted Houston would make the postseason. I guess they will make the leap another year. I was 12-4 straight up last week. I am on a hot streak with NFL and wrestling pay per view picks. Can I keep it up? You bet your ass. Week 2 picks with depth this week.

Carolina at Atlanta
Jake Delhomme what the hell happened? You got a huge contract extension over the summer and I was hoping you forgot about that NFC playoff game last year. Here is hoping you don't fall completely apart and Carolina is drafting a franchise QB in the 2010 NFL draft. Atlanta has their franchise QB in Matt Ryan. I picked Atlanta to win the South. I am taking Atlanta in this game.

Minnesota at Detroit
Adrian Peterson is the MAN! Is there any denying after seeing what LDT did for San Diego this is a no brainer. Adrian is the best back in football. Detroit got blown out by the Saints. I think Det will improve but it is going to take time. I love Adrian and the Vikings.

Cincinatti at Green Bay
I have a good friend who is a Bengals fan and the only thing I texted after watching the end of their game last week was I'm sorry. I can think of only a handful of teams that would happen to and unfortunately the Bengals are one of them. Green Bay looked good on the offense and the defense will continue to improve. Carson needs to take care of the ball and move the what once was a high powered offense. Green Bay will take this game and won't need a hail mary.

Houston at Tennessee
I thought for sure Tenn defense would take a hit without Albert inside. That was not the case in week 1. As I said Houston was my biggest disappointment in Week 1. The Titans and Vikings are very similar teams. They both run the ball very effectively and play defense. Plus their quarterbacks are older than dirt. I will take the veteran Collins to take care of the ball and a Titans win.

Oakland at Kansas City
I have to say I am so excited about how well Oakland played on Monday night. The main problem is after a performance like that, I was given the worst thing a fan could have: hope. I have hope that Oakland is heading in the right direction. They dominated San Diego for about 58 mins. To bad a blown, don't kid yourself it was a blown call, in the end zone and Oakland may have won their home opener. Kansas City actually played well against Baltimore until they turned it on late. Call me a homer I don't care. I am taking the Raiders.

New England Patriots at New York Jets
Rex Ryan went out and left a message on the season ticket holders cell phone to pump them up this week for the Pats game. I love this idea and way to be personal with the fans. The jets surprised me last week with their win over Houston. I am still not sold on the savior Mark Sanchez. Tom Brady and the Pats struggled against the Bills. I can not see it happen 2 weeks in a row. Patriots come into the Meadowlands and get it done.

New Orleans at Philadelphia
I wish McNabb was completely healthy for this game. McNabb vs Brees would be so much fun. I hope he still plays. The Saints looked like they were playing a JV team last week against Detroit. I believe this could be one of the best games of the week. I still, as I am writing this, don't know who to pick. I am flipping a coin and taking the home team, Philadelphia.

Saint Louis at Washington
In all honesty Washington looked like a playoff team last week against the Giants. The Rams look like they are in over haul mode and are a long ways away. I am sure this will be the lock of the week on most peoples pick. Jason Campbell has to play smart and lead the offense. Against the Rams defense, I am sure he will. Redskins win this game.

Arizona at Jacksonville
Arizona decided to lay a big fat turd on the field last week against San Fran. How can you lose to a team that is not even close to being ready for a playoff push? My god that was embarrassing. Jacksonville's defense was solid but the offense stuck it up. Well what the hell is going to happen in this game? I have no clue but I am taking the home team. Jacksonville wins and Zona starts to fall.

Seattle at San Francisco
A team looking to bounce back and did last week, welcome back Seattle. Matt needs to take care of the ball a little better after 3 picks last week against the Rams. I have no interest in buying into the 49ers yet. Seattle don't let me down. I will take Seattle.

Tampa Bay at Buffalo
The Bills impressed me even if they did choke against New England. They outplayed the Pats until the better team decided to show up. Tampa did not play to bad against the Cowboys either. I expected the Bucs to roll over and forget about this season but they are playing hard for their very young coach, Raheem Morris. Buffalo needs to use T.O. and Lee Evans more in the offense. Edwards should have a nice game and the victory.

Pittsburgh at Chicago
Jay Cutler, how do you like Da Bears fans now? You decided to play one of the worst games of your career in your first game as a Bear. I know that is not a good idea. Now you get to play one of the best defenses in the league. Big Ben has some issues with the ground game but they had those same issues last year. Cutler won't throw 3 picks again to give Chicago hope. In the end, the Steelers will show why they are one of the best in the league.

Baltimore at San Diego
Philip Rivers proved his new contract was worth it after leading the charge down the field to beat the Raiders. My question is what the hell took so long in that game? I could ask the same thing to Baltimore. They should have crushed the Chiefs, instead it was close until the 4th quarter. Neither team can afford to let that happen in this match up. Plenty of good games and toss ups this week. Flacco is a much more polished QB than Russell, who damn near beat San Diego, so I am going with Baltimore.

Cleveland at Denver
Does anyone want to watch this game? If this is like last weeks game against Cincy, even Denver fans will find the exit early. Brady Quinn is showing signs of improvement. I have no idea why Carson Palmer didn't dominate a bad Denver defense last week. I hate Denver because of my Oakland allegiance. I will take Cleveland even though this game might tie at 12 after overtime.

New York Giants at Dallas
Dallas opens up the brand new stadium with a possibility of 100,000 fans. I would like to see them go home crying. I am sorry but I don't like Dallas at all. I couldn't stand their fans, even if some of them are my friends, when I lived there. They looked OK in the opener in Tampa. New York had to make a few plays to beat Washington. Eli has to out play Romo in this game in order to win. If he can do that and New York can get one big play out of either the defense or special teams they will win. But..I will swallow my hatred and take Dallas.

Indianapolis at Miami
Indy struggled against a solid Jags defense. Peyton found Reggie Wayne plenty but lost his 2nd wr Anthony Gonzalez for the next month. Miami was slowed up by Atlanta and couldn't find the ground game. Is the wildcat a one and done thing? Not if they use Pat White and he throws the ball out of it once in a while. I like Peyton a lot and can't see them losing to Miami in this one.

Alright those are my picks for week 2 of the NFL. Bet on it, bank on it and go broke.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com