Monday, September 14, 2009

Breaking Point Review and Raw 9-14

Your favorite WWE blog is back for another blog. Last night Breaking Point was a unique fun and some what disappointing ppv. Raw has to generate my interest in Cena being the champion again. Batista is back but more importantly the sure fire hall of famer and the greatest womens wrestler of all time Trish Stratus is back. Trish will be the gm and will certainly be easier on the eyes than Bob Barker. Before we get to Raw I have to talk about the ppv and the arrest that happened last week.



Breaking Point was a nice idea for a pay per view but ultimately it failed in a few matches...Ok just one match. DX and Legacy had a great contest. I loved and was shocked Legacy got the big pay per view win. Legacy did exactly what they said they were going to do, make DX tap out. HBK lost the match because he was wrapped around the ring post by a figure four and then Dibiase had the million dollar dream on Shawn as well. A very cool ending and I am sure we will see one more match. I may not be a big Cena fan and was not happy he won against Orton but my god what a match! Cena and Orton fought tooth and nail, pushing one of them to the Breaking Point (pun intended). Orton used handcuffs and chains, absolutely crazy and I loved it. The match that was a HUGE letdown was the main event. Punk vs Undertaker was suppose to be a 20 to 25 min match using plenty of submissions. I may love Punk being the champ and giving him time to develop into a brilliant heel, watch his promo and you will see why he is getting there, but the screw job is not the way to do it. I am quite certain we will see Punk Taker Hell in a Cell match.



The arrest I am talking about is Jeff Hardy. I don't condone what Jeff was doing. Jeff was caught with a lot of drugs and pills and was arrested. I am a huge Jeff Hardy fan. I am saddened by this news. I sure hope Jeff gets help he seems to need and get his life back on track. I wish you the best Jeff.



Raw kicks off with Batista coming to announce something about his career. I had heard reports it was going to be Batista announcing he is moving over to Smackdown. I believe he is announcing he will be back very shortly. Batista starts by saying Thank you. He is making us believe he is retiring. I doubter. Batista says he has come back to say goodbye. He goes on to say he had the time of his life in this ring. The former WWE champ Randy Orton comes out to the ring. You had to know Orton was going to do this. Randy is a egotistical maniac and must get himself into the spotlight. Randy says he is not very happy about losing the title last night. I wouldn't be celebrating either Orton. He says the fact Dave is retiring makes him happy. Randy says save the speech because no one cares. He says Dave is retiring because of him and the injuries he gave him. Batista starts laughing. Randy asks whats so funny? Batista says there are 2 things. One Orton is very predictable and two, he slides the arm brace off, I know something you don't know. Batista is here to announce he is going to Smackdown. One more thing, Trish gave Batista one last match tonight on Raw. A no holds barred match with Randy Orton. I love that match. I also love the addition of Batista to Smackdown. They needed a big name and got one. The only ? is does Raw get something in return?



Lilian announces the 7 time Womens champion and Raw gm for the evening, Trish Stratus. She is out looking finer than ever. She says she is going to make a great gm. She made the Batista vs Orton. She talks about how Orton is deserving of a rematch and she came up with an idea. The next ppv, John Cena vs Randy Orton in a Hell in a Cell. Trish says she has stratisfaction. She gets a match going. The United States Champion, the electrifying Kofi Kingston teams up with Primo, with new crappy entrance music. They go up against The All American American Jack Swagger and The Miz. This match happened on Superstars but since only 20 people watch Superstars, the WWE decided to have it again. The Miz and Primo start it out with a few moves. Swagger in grounding the high flyer Primo. 2nd rope splash from Swagger misses and Primo tags in Kofi. Kofi with a few chops and a couple of dropkicks. Miz gets in the way and distracts Kofi while Kofi was on the top rope hitting Swagger with a few right hands. Swagger throws Kofi into the turnbuckle followed up with the pump handle slam and the victory. Miz steals the United States belt to end the segment. I like the ending here. I would have liked to see the match go on a little longer but the Miz stealing the belt is a perfect heel move. Kofi and Miz are starting to build a good feud. WWE make sure you have them on each and every week!



The Diva champion Mickie James bounces down to the ring for guest commentary. Gail Kim takes on Alicia Fox. This match is a number 1 contenders match for the Diva title. I have to be honest I just dont care much for Fox. Gail starts to build momentum and a huge flip splash for a 2 count. Gail went for another splash and misses. Fox hits the axe kick and wins a shot at Mickie's title. Whoopie. Mickie will keep the belt. Where is Beth Phoenix?



A video of Orton punting Batista last year. If it was such a big surprise that Batista is back and healthy, how could they come up with a video so quickly? Oh wait nevermind.



Jericho in the back with Beth and Trish. Trish makes fun of Jericho and Show together. Beth talks about how Jericho can back up his words while Trish ran away when new blood came in. Beth makes it clear she thought Trish left because of her. Trish says she will face them in a match tonight! HELL YEAH! I love it. My favorte wrestler Y2J teaming up with my favorite womens wrestler Beth Phoenix to take on Trish Stratus and I will guess Cena. I was hoping Trish would take on Beth at mania next year but my gift came early.



"Last night was the biggest win in Legacy's career." I heard that every time heading into the break. I get it. Now shut up Cole! Dibiase goes one on one with The headliner the show stealer the main event the icon the heart break kid Shawn Michaels. Before the match, Cody asks are you ready? I find it very funny they are making fun of DX. The only people ever to make DX tap out was Legacy. Cody mentioned a few names and one of those names I will mention later on. Dibiase goes on to say what they did last night was exactly what they said they were going to do. I believe I wrote that above. Dibiase says last night was only the beginning. DX heads to the ring. Nice promo by the Legacy. Legacy needs to get over as a dominate and powerful team. A win last night followed with a great match tonight will go along way in accomplishing that. Dibiase starts with a fury of fists and kicks. A quick neckbreaker and Shawn is in control. A canadian crowd is not going to cheer for Shawn Michaels, just won't happen. You screwed Bret chant. I told you. Powerslam by Dibiase gets the momentum back in his favor. Michaels falls to the outside in front of Rhodes but HHH gets in the way. Suplexed back in the ring by Dibiase. Michaels gets into a side headlock and fights out. HBK chant now. I cant believe that. Standing dropkick for a 2 count. Michaels went for his version of the figure four but Dibiase racks the eyes with the help of Rhodes distracting the ref. Shawn barely getting to his feet. A very loud HBK chant now. Shawn lands a crazy right and both men are down. The million dollar dream was locked in for a moment. Dibiase going for a piledriver but gets tossed to the outside. HHH gets in Dibiase face and Shawn starts to build on it. A couple atomic drops then a few more right hands. The big elbow drop connects. Time to tune up the band. Shawn seems to have some vision problems. Rhodes trips HBK before he can go for sweet chin music. HHH beats the hell out of Rhodes on the announcers table. Shawn and Dibiase are in the damn crowd. Now this is how a feud is suppose to be. Crazy as hell and you don't know what to expect but a pure 6 brawl.



In case you are missing MNF because of Raw. The New England Patriots just had a miracle 4th quarter comeback. I need two tvs tonight. I missed a great Patriots Bills game and my team the Raiders are on next but I don't wanna miss a great Raw either.



Hornswaggle and Bourne come out 2gether. Its a tag match with these two against Chavo and a pet monkey. Time for a piss break. It turned out to be Carlito. Doesn't matter.



Another Orton Batista video. This time was the cage match at Extreme Rules. Batista won the WWE title that night. I have to say that I am actually looking forward to the Orton Batista match tonight. Raw has been a very solid program so far. The only downer was the last match.



John Cena in the back giving a nice promo about how some people talk and can't back it up. He says Orton gave it all away last night. Cena said he made a promise that he would not quit and he kept that promise. He talks about how he is keeping another promise that he will not give the belt back to Orton and Orton will be the luckiest man alive just to leave the Cell.



The Gm of Raw tonight Trish Stratus comes down to the ring. Her tag team partner is...MVP. I like that better than Cena. Y2J makes his way then Beth. Beth and Trish start the match up. Beth starts to go to work with a few right hands and a body slam. Trish starts to fight back with a few chops of her own. MVP and Jericho fight on the outside and Show runs down to start the double team. Mark Henry comes to make the save. They announce a dq but Trish makes a restart with a 6 person match. I guess the JeriShow MVP Henry feud isn't going to stop. Back from break and Jericho is dominating MVP. MVP finally with some offense and Jericho tags Beth. Beth is in MVP's face and starts shoving him and goes for a kick. MVP catches it and tags in Trish. A press and right hands followed by a double ballin elbow. Henry takes out Show on the outside. MVP leaped over the top to take out Jericho. Trish does her little leap thing and then stratisfaction and picks up the win over Beth Phoenix. I enjoyed that match. I would still like Trish and Beth to face off again at Wrestlemania 26.

One more Batista Orton video before the break. Orton out 1st. Batista is going to Smackdown for no apparent reason, that is what I just learned. No trade or anything he is just leaving. Ok WWE way to make it look legit. Orton went right for a chair but Batista stopped that. Orton slid in and tried to land his sick ddt, Batista countered that as well. Out of the ring and now back in. Orton with his back breaker and starts to kick every part of the animal's body. Randy hits a knee drop and goes for the same chair. Batista back up and spears Orton. Now fighting on the announcer's table. I have no idea how that thing is standing after the DX segment. Batista sends Orton into the ring steps and back in the ring. RKO attempt which is countered. Randy starts to leave but Cena comes out. Randy is trapted. Cena throws him back in for a spinebuster by Batista. The Batista Bomb and its over. Randy loses his title last night. Tonight, he gets the crap kicked out of him by Batista. Next week Randy must get back on a roll. I realize he got beat by Cena and a returning Animal. You can't hurt Orton's character though. He will bounce back next week on Raw. Speaking of next week's Raw...

Cedric the Entertainer is next weeks GM. Um why? Are you f'n kidding me? We have had a couple of weeks with solid general managers and now we get Cedric the Entertainer. I have no idea why. At least Bob was relevant and funny. Cedric hasn't done crap in, uh ever. I got to get to the Oakland game. I will be back Friday with my NFL picks and analysis of week 1.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com