Monday, July 12, 2010

Raw 7-12

Anyone believing Steve Austin is the Raw GM? Yeah me either. The WWE is heading towards Money in the Bank with a lot of skepticism. I like several matches and I think the show might be worth the money I fork out. The reason for the skepticism is when I think a show is going to be good, it usually sucks. Raw tonight has to eliminate that from my brain. One mystery is the last Raw MITB ladder match participant. Will it be someone special or just a random wrestler like Zach Rider? I want the WWE title to finally be the last thing we see before the camera shuts off. I don't have much to say before Raw begins, since I said a lot about many wrestlers in my previous blog.

I would complain about the opener because, lets face it, I hate Cena. His promo was full of lame jokes and the same crap I've heard twenty times. I liked the WWE title match being promoted first. I loved fans screaming 'What' during the email. The ending was very weak.

Alicia versus Kim would be nice to watch if Kim even had a remote shot to win the contest. As the match was less than 5 minutes. Kim gets squashed while Eve gets another shot. Yeah, the WWE screwed up the first time by giving the match last night a total of four minutes. Hopefully the Diva title rematch will get more time. I had hope a few ppv back when it came to Eve and Maryse. Zero, absolutely no hope for this match.

The 6 man tag would have been nice 6 weeks ago. The Uso's had momentum and came into the WWE making an impact. The WWE ruined everything not showing off either teams' skills. The feud was on again off again. The match was made to tease us for Sunday. I don't think it did since The Uso's have about as much chance to take the titles has I do of winning the lottery.

Is it wrong that I would give Maryse a golden shower? That might have been to much. Moving on. I like where this feud is going. I said when talking about Teddy, he should have challenges for his Million Dollar belt. I don't think either of these two men will win the MITB Raw match. If Morrison can stay healthy, I think the WWE will push him slowly with a feud with Dibiase. I'm more pissed that this took so long to finally get going.

The cheers get louder for the Viper. I thought Edge Orton would be a better story. I've felt it has come up a little short. I know Orton got hurt and limited one match. I still thought this would be the best story on Raw and carry the show for the summer. I feel it didn't do that, Nexus has carried the summer. Sunday should end it between the two. The match proved how good the story should have been and the RKO off the Air Bourne was unbelievable. The timing was superb and the pop was deafening. There is no doubt Orton is the man after that sweet RKO. The moment will be the one to remember from Raw.

Miz took out Truth last week to look strong before the MITB match. Mark Henry does nothing for me. You replaced an athletic black guy for a big fat black guy. I'll take the athletic one. Mark is a decent wrestler and did well in his only MITB match at Wrestlemania a few years ago. This would have been the perfect time to bring back Bryan Danielson er Daniel Bryan. Now that would have been a surprise, TNA could learn what a surprise is from me.

The giant waste of time goes to the Brady bunch match. I will say at least Flo seemed to have a good time. I pretty sure she said Gold dog. Maybe no one noticed. The Ladder match with Razor and Shawn at Summerslam was incredible. I keep hearing Taker and Triple H will come back at the biggest event of the summer. I sure hope so but only to wrestle each other. Triple H comes back and is the man who took out Taker. Fun to be had by all. We have really only saw one big time feud between Trips and Taker. That was back at Mania 17. I know one ShowStoppers host said this so I won't take all the credit. I think it's a good idea. Yes, I said one of the hosts had a good idea. Please don't tell them though.

Funny, Sheamus running from Nexus. I still believe Sheamus will be a half face half heel tweener wrestler after Sunday. He seems to be getting fans on his side more and more. Tonight, we finally saw Nexus in a real match. Only logical thing to do after a 100 beat downs over the past month. The Nexus had to win the match since it was 6 on 1. I didn't think it was anything special though. Cena cut himself, didn't see how. Sheamus coming down to help tonight, turn on Sunday?

Raw tonight was good enough to make me think about buying MITB Sunday. I am interested in how the Nexus will play a role and how the WWE title match will end. Tonight, the night was for Orton. Unbelievable moment and one not soon to be forgotten. I will have a Money in the Bank Pay Per View Pick Blog up on Wednesday night, Thursday morning. Showstoppers will have their picks on their next show. I'll take the bet I get a better record than all of them.

J Call

1 comment:

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com