Monday, December 21, 2009

Raw 12-21

After a crazy week in which we heard Bret Hart signed with the WWE, what do we have in store tonight? We should see Cena continue his winning streak and get one step closer to the WWE title again. The WWE will gain even more momentum heading towards the head to head Monday Night on January 4th. I really hope I get to see some actual wrestling tonight. I think the WWE will hold on another few weeks before we see some story lines heading into the Royal Rumble. Johnny Damon will host and I couldn't care less. DX and Hornswaggle are going to court which means the WWE needed a time filler. Raw is J Call tonight.

Damon didn't get much love from the Tampa Bay crowd. A guy in a Tiger suit with a crazy ass woman chasing him. As Larry would say, WTF? I like the Divas being up first on this Raw. They seem to get lost in the shuffle some weeks when they are placed in the middle of the show. I just don't see the Electric Chair drop enough. Maryse and Melina seem to be on a crash course for a title match. The WWE will probably show this off on Raw January 4th or at the Rumble. Melina costs Maryse tonight. I think the WWE is missing out on the Diva division. They never give the heels any momentum. You can almost bet that the faces will win every single week on Raw. If you want the fans to give a crap, then build a nice storyline and stretch it out for a few pay per views.

ECW's tournament is a great idea. They need to change it up a little bit and doing a tournament for the number one contenders spot is certainly a good change of pace.

The DX Hornswaggle saga continues. BORING! Who would have thought that the Little People's Court would have little people in it? I thought it was even better that it was split into two parts. I was pins and needles waiting to hear what the jury grunted. Holy Crap! At least Raw was saved with Randy Orton and Legacy. Legacy was all over Raw last week and even picked up a rare victory. I'm glad to see Kofi continuing his feud with Orton. I want to see a few more one on one contests between the two. Where the hell was MVP? 6 man tag matches are usually used for 3 different feuds and the wrestlers thrown in for a filler for the feud. Here the 6 man tag was used to have Orton Kofi feud to continue and Kofi needed partners. The more I see of Bourne, the more I start to like him. We finally got to see the Shooting Star Press tonight. The best finisher in the entire WWE. I can't even describe that clothesline from Dibiase. Unbelievable. How about Raw tonight? This 6 man tag actually had time to develop and was a solid in ring contest. You see the WWE does listen to me. I asked, maybe demanded, more wrestling and I got it in this match. Great match and a huge win for Kofi. The WWE was smart not having Kofi pin Orton or Orton pin Kofi. Everybody wins in this match.

The momentum gained from the 6 man tag match was all but lost in the second segment of Little People's Court. One of the dumbest segments ever in Raw history. I think that might have been worse than Mae Young giving birth to a hand. I'm going to channel Booker T: Tell me I didn't see that. Tell me I didn't just see that. I was hoping it was a dream but turned out to be real.

Welcome back to Raw Jack Swagger. You have been gone for a few weeks and get to wrestle one of the hottest stars in the WWE. Swagger seemed to be in line for a nice push earlier in the year and now can barely get on T.V. I don't know what happened because he has all the tools and talent. I guess HHH or HBK don't like him so he isn't getting pushed to the moon like McIntyre or Sheamus. Swagger did have a nice showing tonight against the former champ. They might want to reconsider burying this young kid after this match. I am getting my wish tonight on Raw. I have seen two solid in ring contests. My only complaint is they were sandwiched in between the DX Hornswaggle bull crap. You can never be perfect and I will take the two bad segments with two good wrestling matches. I know some people think I complain to much. I agree at times I do. I am an old school wrestling fan who likes more wrestling than interviews and extra crap the WWE sometimes. Last week was a prime example of what I don't want from Raw. Tonight has been the complete opposite. Great match with Swagger and Cena. Cena will continue this roll until he either faces Taker at Mania or I guess I can't think of another way he will lose.

MVP stepping up his game with a challenge to Sheamus. I was reading a wrestling message board earlier in the week about MVP. They questioned whether his face turn ruined his push. I would say the WWE never took full advantage of his face turn. He turned face and had some opportunities to win the tag team titles from JeriShow. He teamed up with Henry and were made to look like real challengers. What have they done with him since then? He should be wrestling Miz for the US title. I wouldn't mind seeing him win Money in the Bank either. Speaking of money in the bank, how many guys can you think of that could potentially win that match? I can think of quite a few but would like to hear from you. Email me who you think should win Money in the Bank and if your take is good, I will post it up on here next week in the Raw blog. Send your emails to mccall316@yahoo.com

Eve being partnered up with Masters will help him get over with the crowds. I know some people won't care with Masters and Carlito's little feud on Raw. I would rather see a mini feud and a match or two then backstage segments. The match was given no time at all but at least it served it purpose. Masters even got a kiss from Eve. To the victor, goes the spoils.

Tribute to the Troops is one of the greatest and nicest things the WWE has ever done. You don't see the NFL, NBA or MLB going over to Iraq to put on a game for the troops. I know its different and not easy, but do you think it's easy to carry all the wrestling gear over there? I doubt it. Thank you to the men and women giving their life over there for our freedom. I think the media forgets about them sometimes. We are so obsessed with Tiger and every other negative story that we tend to take them for granted. Whenever a person puts down the WWE, I just tell them about what they do every year around Christmas time for our troops.

Miz gets some camera time this week on Raw. I love I.R.S. He makes me laugh everytime I see him. I wish he was on more often. I spoke of Mae Young earlier and she shows up tonight in a random moment. She maybe in her 90's but Young seems to have a blast anytime she gets in front of the camera.

The new WWE champion Sheamus gets to showoff his new title. MVP didn't get a real good showing tonight on Raw. MVP is not a jobber, although you had to know he wasn't going to beat the new champion. The match was not bad by any means. I was hoping for a little longer match but once Cena showed up and challenged Sheamus I figured out why they went the route they did. When will Cena face Sheamus again?

Mr. McMahon showing up tonight was a nice surprise. Damon makes the match next week on Raw. I thought for sure it would happen on the Jan. 4th edition. Damon makes a comment about Bret and Vince blows it off. Next week, the WWE will have to do something more next week since Bret is coming back for sure now.

Miz takes on Santino Claus. I like Santino and he does a great job every week of bringing a little comedy to the show. However, I would rather see him in backstage skits with the celebrity hosts then face the Miz. Miz has the second biggest belt on Raw and hasn't had a feud in over a month. He beat his former tag team partner in back to back pay per views. I don't get the WWE sometimes.

In case you missed it, DX and the horrible Little People's segments were shown again. I hated it the first time and couldn't stand it the second time. Good to see the Big Show back on Raw. The WWE must have a plan for him now after JeriShow broke up. Big Show and Santa finishing up this edition of Raw. I think something special has to happen to Big Show if this is really going to end Raw. I couldn't tell who played the "real" Santa.

Are you freaking kidding me? Timbaland is going to host Raw next week. That is one step above having MC Hammer. What the hell is the WWE doing to me? At least this week, Johnny Damon didn't annoy me. In fact, he took my advice and took a backseat to the real entertainers. Big Show must have known my wish as well because I was hoping Jericho would comeback to Raw as well. Santa turned out to be Y2J himself. The DX army just got a little smaller. The smallest side walk slam of all time by Big Show. I guess JeriShow isn't dead yet. Oh boy, even more Hornswaggle and DX segments now that he is officially a DX member. Somewhere, Larry is happy and this blogger is throwing up.

Raw wasn't to bad tonight since I got to see a couple of good quality wrestling. I could have cared less about the last segment except Chris Jericho will be coming back to Raw next week. Raw should be a solid show next week as well. Except for that god awful choice for GM. I can only guess that Timbaland has no clue about the WWE. I bet we even get to see a crappy music video or something. Raw will have a rare WWE title match next week as well. ShowStoppers will have their best of the decade show this week. I got to announce tag team of the decade which was a nice touch for me. I hope you enjoy that as much as you enjoyed the Raw blog. Thank you for continuing to read the Raw blog each and every week. It has been my pleasure to be a voice of the true wrestling fans in the past year. I look forward to one more Raw in 2009. Have a Merry Christmas and spend time with the most important people, your family.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com