Thursday, December 17, 2009

He's Back

I wanted to wait. I should probably wait. I could have waited. What am I saying? No, I couldn't, shouldn't and won't wait any longer. My favorite wrestler of all time has returned home. Bret "The Hitman" Hart is returning to the WWE. The WWE has been trying to gain the media's attention with using celebrity general managers every single week on Monday Night Raw. The news that Bret Hart is coming back brings hope to real wrestling fans who are growing tired of seeing celebrities make a fool out of themselves. They have little to no knowledge of the WWE. Bret is coming back and could be the answer to most of our prayers.

The Bret Hart signing is in fact the answer to mine. I have been longing for the day when that music hit one more time. The WWE has teased me several times. Bret even came back in 2006 for the Hall of Fame. He gave a nice speech but did not show up at the actual Wrestlemania event. I wasn't satisfied with him giving a speech and then leaving. The WWE made my mouth wet and then didn't fulfill what was necessary in my opinion. The Bret Hart DVD was great as well and yet, I still wanted more. Bret's WWE career still didn't feel like it had the proper send off. Flair got the perfect goodbye in 2008. Bret has yet to have that final bang to say. 'Yes, my career has come full circle.'

If you recall, after the Survivor Series in 1997 Bret was never going to come back to the WWE. His exit left a foul stench on the WWE. He signed with WCW and was never used to his capabilities. WCW used him more as a prop than a quality wrestler. Even in the DVD, there were two highlights of his WCW days. One was his tribute match to his brother Owen with Chris Beniot. The other was Goldberg spearing Bret and under Bret's shirt was a steel plate. Bret's in ring career was over with after Goldberg kicked him straight in the head. Was this really how the best there is, best there was and best there ever will be was going to leave the squared circle. Now the WWE and Bret have a second chance to cap off Bret's illustrious career.

Of course, you have to know there was another reason Bret was signed. I can bet Vince McMahon was trying to figure out a way to stick it to Hogan and TNA. He did just that. Hogan who? Hulk Hogan is still a huge name in the wrestling business and anything he does grabs headlines. The truth is the WWE bringing back one of the all time greats for longer than one guest host appearance puts Hogan signing with TNA on the back burner. If this made a newspaper, Bret would be the headline on page one. Hogan would be on page 4 below a used car ad. Most wrestling fans have been dreaming of another Monday Night Wars. The Ratings War always brought out the best in Vince and his writing staff. The Bret Hart signing is another reason wrestling fans are rooting for TNA to do well in the ratings on Jan. 4th. Vince pulled the ultimate rabbit out of his hat before we even got to see if TNA could battle with them.

Most of you already knew that Bret had signed with the WWE. Speculation arose after Dennis Miller asked Vince if he could bring back Bret as a general manager. Now the wrestling Internet marks are all over this story. I couldn't resist writing my own blog on it either. The news of Bret is the biggest story the WWE has had since buying WCW. I haven't been this excited for a Raw since the days of Stone Cold Vince feud. For this WWE blogger, my Christmas present has come early. All I can do now is wait and hope the gift is as good as the surprise. I believe the WWE will not let the true wrestling fans down. I have a feeling at the end of Bret's stint, his career will get the ending he deserved the first time he left the WWE.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com