Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Survivor Series Picks

Ladies and Gentlemen after a long hiatus because ShowStoppers has been covering ppv picks, the PICK BLOG IS BACK! WOOOO! Can you tell I missed this? Survivor Series use to be one of the most unique pay per views of the year. Now it has been reduced to a watered down version of what once was. I like the Survivor matches but the WWE usually just throws in some random 10 guys and see if it works. The WWE champion use to compete in the match and that has not happened in years. With several big time superstars in the title matches, this should still be a lot of fun to watch. John, Larry, Eric and I will be giving out our picks. The least important match has to start us off.

The Divas Survivor Series Match.
Mickies Team vs McCools Team
I'l let Larry go first here:
Hey Mickie You so fine.... You so fine you blow my mind... HEY Mickie! Pick Mickie.
John: Team Mickie over Team Michelle. Just cause.
Eric: The only reason that I think that Team Micki will win this match is the fact that at Bragging Rights they pushed all of the heels. So in this PPV they are going to push the likes of Micki James, Gail Kim, and Kelly Kelly.

I will hardly ever take the same picks as the ShowStopper hosts. Why? Because they are usually wrong. All three men forgot the wild card in this match up: Beth Phoenix. Who has been made to look dominate again in the WWE? Beth Phoenix. I will take Team Michelle.

Survivor Series Match
Team Kofi vs Team Orton.
Eric: I think the reason that Team Kofi wins this match is because of what happened on RAW this week. Even though Kofi kicked the crap out of Orton, I think the WWE is very high on Kofi and they are really want to start pushing him for bigger things, and what way could you push him other than having him win against a former champion Orton. Plus I have several wrestlers on Kofi’s Team for the FWF. SHAMELESS PLUG!!!
John: Team Orton over Team Kofi. Orton has survived every survivor series he has ever been in. Look it up. He owns this PPV.
Larry: The WWE is trying to get the non Jamican -Jamican over. His team beating Orton's will be a good start. Pick Kofis team

Well they disagreed which is good. John makes a great point. Orton has been almost perfect in Survivor Series past. Kofi got the huge moment on Raw. I don't see Orton pinning Kofi or Kofi pinning Orton. I do see a very quality match and Orton's team winning. Kofi Orton feud will continue.

Survivor Series Match
Team Morrison vs Team Miz
Larry is in love with Morrison so you know: Simple pay back from bragging rights. The Friday Night Delights team wins.
John took Morrison because: I hate the Miz. He stole my catchphrase.
Eric: They had Miz beat Morrison at Bragging Rights and I think that all of the time that they have been putting into Morrison looking weak, they are looking for this to be a great match and really put Morrison over.

I will certainly disagree with Miz stealing any lines from John. I will have to agree with these three on this match. Morrison's team is ready for a nice push. Plus Miz and Swagger will cost their team the win. But I always have to question the pick if all four of us agree on it.

Batista vs Rey
Get ready for some large disagreements here.
John: Batista over Rey. They are about to feud The Undertaker and Batista again.
Eric: In this battle of wrestlers close to retirement, I think that they are going to try to give one more big push to Batista and give him another possible title run for early in next year. Rey is really on his last legs and I don’t think that he would want another title run and I think he is willing to put over Batista since they are good friends.
Larry: Batista is going to be in the title hunt soon. They are going to build him up. Look for him to destroy Rey. Pick Batista.

Here is the real deal on this feud. I mentioned it a few weeks ago in a Raw blog. Batista respects Rey and will not make him look bad eeever. You hear me Larry. John called this a one and done feud on ShowStoppers. You can never listen to these two men. Eric said both guys are on their last legs. What the hell are you talking about? Rey looked bad when Batista turned on him at the last pay per view. Rey hasn't looked great going into the match. Batista is getting the big push but not at the full expense of lil Mysterio. I am taking Rey. Thanks boys for all picking Batista.

WWE Title Match
HHH vs HBK vs Cena
We all agreed here that Cena will keep the gold. Why? He makes the most sense. DX will most likely fall apart sooner than later. HHH really looked like a heel on Monday. Where will Cena go from here? I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine. I just can't see them taking the belt off Cena before the Rumble. In the grand scheme of things, Cena makes the most sense.

World Heavyweight Title Match
Taker vs Jericho vs Show
I hate to say it but again all four of us agreed. The Deadman will walk out of Survivor Series with the belt. Undertaker debuted at a Survivor Series pay per view way back when the ppv was fairly new. JeriShow either needs to feud with a tag team or drop the damn belts. I would love to see Jericho drop Show and feud with Taker alone. They are the best 2 guys on Smackdown and would make the most sense. This is where I don't agree with the guys again. Eric, Larry and John all said the next feud for the World Title is Batista vs Taker. Remember when majority rules, it usually means it won't happen.

Those are the picks for the Survivor Series pay per view. I am so damn happy the blog is back. However, once all the technical difficulties are fixed on the BBSD radio side of things. ShowStoppers will be the place to hear all the picks. Enjoy the pay per view this week. I will return Friday morning with a NBA blog. Oh almost forgot, WOOOO!

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com