Monday, November 16, 2009

Raw 11-16

Last week on Raw, I didn't fully enjoy the show. It seemed hit or miss to me. The main event was the only decent wrestling match of the night. Tonight, I hope is a completely different story. I first want to say I am a huge Rowdy Roddy Piper. You add Piper to an already fired up NYC crowd at the worlds most famous arena and Raw should be a solid show. (Cue the terrible infomercial guy voice) Wait there's more! The main event is DX vs JeriShow vs Cena Taker. In the great words of Joey Styles, OH MY GOD! I'm extremely excited for the potential this Raw has. An old school wrestler as GM, a unbelievable main event all in one of the best wrestling cities in the world. WOOOO!

Piper's pit in the back with Shiek and Bella twins and some actor. The new Raw intro is cool if it had a different song. I am sorry I really can't stand Nickelback. If you are a 13 year old girl you like them because they aren't a rock band. WWE did a great job with the new entrance rampway. If you missed it, think when Cena made a surprise return in the Rumble back in '08.

United States title is on the line right away on Raw. Miz vs MVP.
I like this match up. MVP shouldn't win the match and take the belt off Miz. Miz has been getting a great push and it should continue. Very hot crowd tonight, I told ya. I believe the WWE has been missing out on MVP. He and Henry have been floating along lately on Raw. I would like to see a feud with MVP and someone. He has skills and just needs someone to feud with and showcase the skills. The match has been very good with some quick offense and near falls. In the end, Miz retains. Good opening contest. I liked what the WWE did. Bring out some of the hard workers right away and give the show some momentum.

How can we have such a great opening match and follow up with Chavo? The momentum may have been reduced by half with Santino vs Chavo. Although, the crowd loves Santino. I had to laugh with Santino breaking out more jerseys then what I have in my closet. Hornswaggle does about 10 midget crotch chops and Santino wins. Thankfully we are saved from this time waster.

The biggest pop of the night so far is DX. How many great moments have these two men had at MSG? Of course they had to do a shameless plug or two. HHH finally talks about Survivor Series and the triple threat match. I have been waiting for this moment. The WWE title match has been given lackluster hype. They didn't say enough about the match. Instead, the attention was on hornswaggle. I don't understand this. I get that this is a secondary storyline. But that's where it should have ended. The problem is it has been the main focus and taking away from the main event this Sunday. HHH pedigreed Hornswaggle and the crowd is actually booing DX. Now I'm even more perplexed. I have no idea where this is headed after that segment.

No doubt about the WWE and MSG make a great combination. Another awesome video done by the WWE. I mentioned how many great moments DX has had at MSG. The WWE showed several. I had one problem with the video. Since Beniot can not be shown on WWE TV, the Eddie Chris moment had at the end of Mania XX was not shown.

Diva Championship Match
Melina vs Alicia
Some actor got to announce the contest. I could have cared less because of Melina's entrance. The match is changed with Lumberjills. Hell yeah Smackdown and Raw diva's. Puppies galore! Alicia had her chance against Mickie a failed. Now she had a chance vs Melina and failed again. All hell broke loose afterward. CAT FIGHT! Everyone loves a good cat fight. Team Melina vs Team McCool coming this Sunday at Survivor Series.

WWE and USA have signed a brand new 5 year contract. The contract will keep Raw on USA until 2014. Can we forget that Raw left for Spike a few years ago? Never happened. The Hot Rod is out. I thought for sure the crowd would give him a bigger pop. The guy main evented Mania I. OK now they are giving him love. Rowdy is a cancer survivor and an inspiration. I always get a sense of nostalgia with Hot Rod. Piper took like 3 cheap shots at Hogan. I loved it. Wow Hot Rod said he wants one more match with Vince. This is huge. The Chairman of the Board is out now. Vince McMahon is playing the role of the heel again. The best part about these two is they really don't get along that well in real life. Raw needs Vince in the worst way. He brings the show focus and gets the fans involved. Piper mentions he had cancer and beat that. As I said, he inspires me. Piper issues the challenge tonight. I know Piper isn't in the best shape or anything. On the other hand, I can see this match working out well. Piper has said in the past he would like to have one more to finish his career. I hope it happens before our enjoyment.

Sheamus comes out to destroy the bell ringer and Jerry Lawler. I couldn't be more pissed. I dropped Rhodes for this guy in the FWF (see DX isn't the only one with shameless plugs). I needed some points and I was just screwed. Oh well next week Sheamus will destroy Lawler for 10.

Striker sitting with Cole now. I like Striker. I'm still sour on Cole. I have yet to hear vintage anyone yet tonight. Odds on it not happening on Raw 20 to 1? 50 to 1? It has to happen. Evan Bourne out to face Swagger in a rematch of last week. I have a feeling Bourne will not get two straight on the All American American American Jack Swagger. I like both wrestlers in this match up. The other thing about NY crowds. They appreciate real wrestlers. The crowd was popping throughout the match for Bourne. Why? Evan is an exciting young talent who has fun awesome. Tonight was Swaggers' night.

I have one question so far during this episode. Where the hell is Kofi and Orton? Their feud is one of the best on Raw and you can't even show them! Piper vs McMahon is next and it either has to be short or Orton will come out to beat up the "Legend" Piper for Vince and Kingston will make the save. I am dead serious. I wrote all of that before Orton came out. I promise. Don't believe me but I did! I feel a Orton punt coming on soon. Orton stalks and ready to fire away before Kofi comes out. A little problem with the music man as Orton looked completely confused. He had time to punt and then stopped. Kofi and Randy are fighting in the stands. Hell yes! WWE desperately needed a heated feud to help Raw. I feel this feud if that makes sense. I think it did. Orton gained the upper hand for a while. I really hope this feud goes on for quite sometime. I would love to see a regular match at some point. They could then do a cage match. The finish to the feud could be a falls count anywhere match. The only problem is we will never see any blood because of the PG rating ruins everything. I take that back Orton is bleeding tonight. This NYC crowd is chanting KOFI KOFI! The boom boom drop from the stands through a table. Orton is so damn smart and here is why: Randy was cut the hard way with that steel box. He knew the camera was on the left side of him. So where did he look after the boom boom drop? His right side. Somewhere Vince is doing cartwheels right now. He panicked when Cena was busted open during the Orton Cena ppv match. Good job Randy, you just earned yourself a raise. By the way, Kofi and Orton just had one of the best moments of Raw this year.

Main event time baby. WOOOO! Larry from Showstoppers told me I can not go a full blog without 2 WOOO's any longer.

JeriShow vs DX vs Cena Taker
The match hasn't started yet and it is already 10pm ct. The only team out is JeriShow. I don't think we are going to get a real long match here unless Raw is going to run into overtime. In the arena where Cena won the Royal Rumble, the crowd gave Cena a great pop. The entrance for Undertaker was incredible. The crowd was on the edge of their seat. Always special when Taker comes to Raw because its rare. Undertaker chants are heard. I remember sitting at Raw a few years ago when Taker made an awesome entrance from under the stage and I felt chills. Seriously if you have never seen a Taker entrance live, you have missed one helluva sight. Plus Justin Roberts does a great job at screaming The UnderrrrTaker. The rules for this match were really confusing. Three men are in the ring and you can only tag your own partner. I guess the rules aren't that confusing. I heard it! Triple H hits the Spinebuster and Cole said vintage Triple H. I knew it. The odds were not in the favor of it not happening. Cool fact, Y2J and Taker have only wrestled once. Last week on Smackdown was the first time ever one on one. I hope it happens again at Wrestlemania if Edge and Jericho can't happen. Show is impressive with a double chokeslam on Cena and HHH. Sweet spot with everyone hitting their finishers. Cena wins but Taker gives him a tombstone piledriver for his trouble. Could this be a future Mania match Cena Taker?

WWE is heading towards Survivor Series in a good direction after this Raw. I was very happy to see the main event go longer than expected. The Orton Kofi segment was fantastic. Next week Raw is having a 3hr special event. The special 3 hour Raws are always fun. What makes this more special, Jessy the Body Venture is hosting. When the hell was the last time he was around wrestling? Way to damn long thats when. I love the Body and he should be really entertaining.

BBSD wants to apologize for not having new radio shows up last week. We have been having some technical problems and it will be fixed later in the week. However there will not be Showstoppers again this week. I know what you are thinking. How the hell am I going to know what is going to happen on Survivor Series if I don't know J Call, Larry, John or Eric's picks? I have you covered. I am bringing back the pick blog later on in the week just for you. I know that's why I am the best damn WWE blogger on the Internet. WOOOO!

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com