Monday, November 2, 2009

Raw 11-2

Tonight we ride a Crazy Train with Ozzy Osbourne. I have been reading reports the WWE is going to have quite a few Ozzy segments. I don't think that is a good idea. I loved the new feud with Kofi and Orton. DX and Cena are going to contend for the WWE title at Survivor Series. I said last week we should have some fun tv with DX going against each other. The start of the FWF is also this evening. You can follow everything right here on BBSD. The best damn WWE blogger on the internet goes for the 23rd straight week.

No music or pyro but Ozzy in the middle of the ring in a sweet kings throne along with his wife Sharon. Ozzy is being very animated. I forgot Ozzy was part of Wrestlemania 2 and also a Smackdown show concert. Miz comes out to introduce himself to the Prince of Darkness. Miz has a nice promo asking Ozzy to take away the loss last week against Evan. I am alittle shocked Legacy shows up together for this in ring promo. Legacy goes on to talk about the nascar they, well Teddy, bought Orton which was destroyed by Kofi. Holy crap now the Big Show. This is a sweet heel beginning to Raw. Big Show is in a very happy mood. Actually he looks like a guy who hasn't been laid in a while. Show complains about his beatdown last week. Now some face time for DX. Well I said it was going to be a crazy train with Ozzy. The first segment is no different. DX calls the 4 of them ratings killers. Ozzy is here to promote a new book and DX promote it and their book. Good ole cheap plugs. Ozzy makes the match with Miz and Evan for the US title. I love that because I really enjoy Evan. I have been complaining about the WWE and the lack of direction with Evan. Sharon makes Kofi vs Orton. The main event is made with Cena vs Y2J vs Show. I love all three matches. A great Raw is in store for us tonight. Ozzy and DX pose before the break. The first segment is exactly what Raw is suppose to do. Set us up for a few matches, clear the air from last week and continue storylines. Awesome start for Raw. If you can't tell I enjoy Ozzy and Sharon as well.

United States Champion Miz vs Evan Bourne. Here is where we are going to see if Evan really will be pushing by the WWE. Evan has some very unique offense. I think that is why I like him so much. Evan isn't as big as RVD but his offense reminds me of that. Evan gets a few good moves in and near falls. In the end he misses the beautiful Shooting Star Press and Miz hits his finisher for the win. I guess Evan won't be getting a huge push. As long as the WWE keeps Evan in the mix for the US title, Im ok with that. The Miz shouldn't be losing his title yet anyway. I would like to see Swagger Miz Evan at Survivor Series. The great thing about Kofi's push is another guy gets to step up like Evan.

Sheamus vs Jaime Noble. Didn't we see this last week? As I said last week, the crowd will only give a crap about Sheamus once he is in a real feud. A complete squash match. Nothing important here. Sheamus wins again. So long Jaime Noble. Best wishes in your wrestling future.

Semi main event time. Who would have thought Randy Orton in the semi main event? Heres the thing about this feud. One I love both wrestlers. More importantly this feud actually helps both men. Randy needed a new face to feud with. We have seen him against DX and Cena. Kofi gets a huge push against the best heel on Raw. I just hope this has the makings of a long feud and helps elevate both men. Orton had a different angrier walk to the ring tonight. The other thing the WWE did a great job of pushing Kofi is because the crowd is behind him. Kofi chants during the match. Orton gets help with Legacy to the ring. Ozzy and Sharon make it a 6 man tag with Henry MVP Kofi vs Legacy. Raw shows off the young Raw talent they have tonight. The heels do some nice double team moves and isolate MVP. The question isn't who but really when will both members of Legacy get their singles push? Rhodes and Dibiase should feud with each other. Who would be the face? I like Rhodes more as a heel so Dibiase should be the face. The WWE could have even more fun adding the fathers into the mix. MVP finally gets the hot tag to Henry. Rhodes gets pinned by Henry. I don't get why the heels lose yet again. Legacy got beat by Henry and MVP last week. Legacy was made to look strong when they faced DX. Now it seems all is forgotten and back down they go. Meanwhile Kofi and Orton never touched each other to make sure the feud continues.

Time waster of the night with Ozzy and Sharon host Raws got Talent. The Great Kahli comes out of hibernation to host this event. Kahli has a suit on but I have to wonder where the hell he went for his suit. The Big and Tall store wouldn't fit him. Of course Santino had to be part of this and dressed up as Ozzy. Crowd is getting bored already and so is this blogger. Masters was the 2nd contest and he actually got the crowd laughing. Masters was hilarious. Chavo and Jillian finish up the contest. Yes they sucked. Sharon knocked the hell out of Jillian and Kahli knocks out Chavo. Ok even I laughed when Hornswaggle showed up with an afro wig on dressed as Jack. Lets move on with Raw.

I guess now would be a great time for a cheap plug of my own. With the FWF starting and the WWE rolling into Survivor Series. You need to hear more on the WWE then check out Showstoppers this week. We will have a recap of the FWF and segment 2 will be John, Larry and I's list of top ten catchphrases of all time. WOOOO!

Chick or Diva Battle Royal for the number 1 contender spot for Melina's title. Last three are Alicia, Kelly and Eve. Alicia wins and will face Melina. Larry made a great move in the FWF draft picking Melina. There isn't a woman on the Raw roster that is going to take the title off Melina. Alicia was pushed once for the title against Mickie and lost. Good pick Larry.

A recap of Batista and Rey new feud. I have already said how much I am going to enjoy this feud. I love how the crowd gets behind lil Rey. Rey is one of the biggest stars in the WWE. He needed a new feud with a man he respects. I read a report how Batista did an interview talking about how the WWE wastes the talents of Rey. No better way to showcase the talent of Rey than putting him in a feud with a guy who loves him.

Jericho with the Osbournes in the back. Chris tells Ozzy how much he wanted to be like him. I realize it is a promo and Jericho turned into the heel. I bet Jericho was telling the truth before he finished. Chris wanted to be a great rock star.

Cena and DX in the back was great as well. They talk about beating each other. Yeah it comes out wrong and the Bella twins over hear Cena say that they all beat each other. Comical promo but this is the calm before the storm. I am guessing next week will start to get a little more real in this feud.

Am I the only person that thinks Black Taco is the dirtiest sex act ever? I mean I have seen the Taco Bell commercial 200 times and I think that every time.

Main event time. Cena vs Jericho vs Show
If you listened to the special Showstoppers with the FWF draft. You would have heard I took Cena with the 1st overall pick. Now Larry said it was a great pick but he also said he believes HHH will win the title soon. Why? Cena is in for a long push with the WWE title. DX is going to turn on each other and have a match together at mania. JeriShow work together to beat the crap out of Cena. Things start to breakdown for the heels. Show tosses Jericho out. Show knocks out Cena with a weak right hand to pick up the victory. JeriShow end up the victors tonight. DX got in the ring and Show ko'd HBK followed up with a Codebreaker to HHH. I love the heels leaving Raw tonight on top. Jericho and Show have to look like real contenders.

Next week another boxer hosts Raw. I bet Cena and DX will gain the momentum back. I really hope that DX and Cena will square off once before Survivor Series. I would expect the WWE will not spoil to much with DX and Cena before the ppv. I don't feel to great about my FWF team since I am down -10 points after Raw. A long season awaits us in the Fantasy Wrestling Federation. Be sure to get all the last on the FWF and the WWE on Showstoppers. The highlight will be me as always. Also if you want some sports, check out my Iowa Hawkeye blog. Just keep scrolling down to check it out. Lastly, I will have one more blog for you on Thursday morning. I am teaming up with a buddy of mine in Iowa for an NBA preview type blog. Three blogs in one week, just another reason why I'm the best damn blogger on the internet.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com