Monday, November 9, 2009

Raw 11-9

I liked Raw last night. Ozzy was fun and there was some quality in ring work. I would like to see more DX Cena tonight. Ricky Hatton is guest hosting Raw. I don't know squat about him or boxing. Raw is coming to us across the pond tonight in England. Always good for the WWE to go overseas. Im hoping for a good show. Where is the build up to Survivor Series? Come on WWE. We are 2 weeks out from the 4th biggest pay per view of the year. Lets get moving on it! Also the 2nd week of the FWF which you can follow right here on BBSD. I am not doing so well but my team will turn it around once I start writing for the WWE.

Ricky Hatton starts off Raw in front a live hot crowd. Everytime the WWE goes out of the U.S. The crowds are so much better. JeriShow in suits are out to ruin the party. I have a feeling JeriShow aren't going to be as happy tonight as they were last week when they beat Cena and knocked out DX. Show and Hatton have a few words and Show gives him a free shot but Y2J stops him. Jericho announces he will take on The Undertaker on Smackdown this Friday. Wow what a main event! Hatton makes a great match for tonight JeriShow vs DX. I love that and Larry from Showstoppers just blew a nut hearing it. I had to laugh when Hatton told him to speak English. DX head down the ramp to save the beatdown Hatton would have gotten from JeriShow. HHH talks for a while. Shawn attacks Chris who falls outside the ring. 3 on 1 now. Show is smart and leaves the ring. I liked the first segment. I can't say I loved it as much as Ozzy and DX. Hatton is hard to understand and has no excitement. However, making DX JeriShow for Raw's main event is freaking sweet. Anytime HBK and Jericho are in the same ring, good things happen.

Alicia Fox w/Jillian vs Kelly Kelly w/Gail Kim. Next week Melina will take on Fox for the Diva Worlds Most Famous Arena Madison Square Garden. There is a new Hulk Hogan DVD by the WWE. Crazy since he just signed with TNA. Can you tell how much I am watching this match? Sorry I will get back to the match. Kelly hit some unique offense but Alicia countered. She hits the scissors kick and wins. The role Alicia is on needed to continue if she is taking on Melina next week. The match served a purpose. I'm just really bored with the Diva division right now. Melina is nice and so is Gail Kim. Those two should be going at it.

Sheamus talks for a little bit before taking on a local jobber. Sheamus destroys him and picks up another victory with a Razors Edge. Nothing to add here. Sheamus push keeps going. My only question is when will he face some real competition?

Santino, Ricky and Bella twins have a backstage segment with Chavo getting in the way. Hatton vs Chavo is made later. Raw needed more filler tonight. I don't understand what the WWE is doing. I get it Chavo has to face every celebrity GM but why does Raw take the focus on the actual Superstars a lot of the time. Miz with a backstage promo. Miz has assembled a team to take on Morrison's team at Survivor Series. The one thing I like about the match up is its a chance to showcase some young talent. Since Raw isn't doing it, at least the WWE is smart to do it on the pay per view.

Evan "sort of getting a push" Bourne vs Jack Swagger. The two time All American American American gained the upper hand right away. I have no idea what the WWE is doing with Bourne. One week he is beating the Miz, next week he loses. I guess the WWE doesn't want to give him a belt but won't bury him either. Evan uses his quickness and unique offense to get a few 2 counts. Miz comes out to distract Swagger. I could careless if the WWE is going to start Miz vs Swagger. Evan picks up the win with the picture perfect Air Bourne Shooting Star Press. As long as Bourne stays in the mix and isn't just a stepping stone in this heel vs heel feud. I will be happy.

MVP lounge. Are you kidding me? The semi main event is another promo. Henry MVP and Kofi in the ring. I am not saying I hate any of these guys. I would rather see a match than a in ring promo. They go on for a while. Nothing special until Legacy come out. The WWE teased us with Teddy and Orton. Now that is over with for now. I still believe he will turn on Legacy sometime. Perhaps soon so Kofi can have a partner to face Rhodes and Orton. For now I like the fact the WWE is trying something new. Lets move Kofi up against Randy and add MVP and Henry. 3 on 3 is fun. I liked how Legacy talk about the different backgrounds the two teams have. The best thing I see happening for Kofi is this push leads to either a win at Mania for Money in the Bank or a switch to Smackdown at the next draft. If Raw does it right and keeps pushing him even after the Orton feud, Smackdown would be adding another future main eventer to the roster. Smackdown already has Morrison and Ziggler who are going to be main eventing pay per views in the next few years.

Randy Orton vs Mark Henry
Match has started during the commercial break. Orton took the lead early and Henry got it back. Legacy in one corner on the outside and MVP Kofi on the other side. Out of nowhere RKO to Henry. You know its over when he hits the RKO. I like Orton getting the victory tonight. The heels have been looking like fools the last few weeks. Even though Kofi slapped Orton at the end of the segment. Randy still looked strong by beating Henry. Randy and Kofi are stepping up each week. To bad Raw couldn't have more wrestling matches. Instead we are getting crapola.

Nickelback is the new theme music of Raw. I hate that because I hate nickelback. I know I will catch hell for saying that but Nickelback sucks. All their songs sound the same. WWE could have picked a much better band. Send your hate mail to mccall316@yahoo.com. I will be happy to debate why Nickelback blows.

Hatton vs Chavo.
Do I really have to say anything? This is my 24th consecutive Raw blog and to my knowledge Chavo has not won in any of those weeks. What was the outcome here? Hatton by knockout and luckily I'm getting text messages or I would be out. Raw has been very bland tonight. Main event needs to save us. Ha Chris Jericho is going to save us because he is in the main event.

DX Cena and Hornswaggle have a backstage promo. More comical relief between these guys. Larry on Showstoppers has been talking about Midget crotch chops and how funny they are. I will agree with that. Hornswaggle did a few more tonight.

Now here is something I will absolutely love. Rowdy Roddy Piper is in charge next week as guest host in MSG. Wrestlemania 1 took place at the Garden and certainly Piper was a huge part of that event. Piper is a cancer survivor, an inspiration and one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time. I stressed before the guest GM spot should go to former wrestlers more often. I get my wish next week. I will have more to say about Piper next week. Main event time:

JeriShow vs DX
4 men all part of the FWF so huge points are up for grabs in this match. I couldn't be happier watching an actual wrestling match for the main event. The contest starts at 9:50 ct, which means this should be a great long match. The heels have the advantage during the commercial. Cena is doing commentary. Thank god less of Michael Cole. Show and Jericho have made a great tag team. They have gotten better as the weeks go on. I wondered if the chemistry would last and it has. The quick tags and double team moves are great. JeriShow will undoubtedly will break up soon but a great ride while it has lasted. Hot tag to HBK. Vintage Shawn with his elbow drop. SCM is ducked by Jericho and the Walls was countered. Show accidentlly hit Chris with a right hand for the win. I kind of like the finish here. We will see compelling tv with Show and Jericho.

Raw finishes with announcing the main event for next week. It will be DX vs JeriShow vs Cena and The Undertaker. A triple threat tag team match. Quite frankly that is one of the best main events Raw has had in a long time. With that main event and the return of The Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper, Raw is shaping up to be 100 times better than this weeks crappy addition. The main event helped but this Raw was well below average especially with Survivor Series coming soon. I shall return next week.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com