Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wrestling Mailbag plus TLC Picks

Christmas comes early for everyone as the wrestling mailbag makes a 2nd appearance in as many months. I get so excited to respond to you, the reader. I enjoy the love and hate you send to me. I've certainly been upset the past 2 weeks with how Raw ended but I still enjoyed most of the program. We have a pay per view that actually has matches scheduled a head of time. Spoiler alert: The TLC World Title match is about to change on Smackdown. I don't want to waste any more time. As always, you can send your email to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

When are we finally going to see blood in WWE?
John, Texas

I don't think we are going to see any blood anytime soon. We all want it but when I say 'we', I mean young adults over the age of 15. The fact is the PG era does hurt the feel of rivalries. Hell in a Cells use to finish off rivalries with a blood bath and guys barely walking out. For example, HBK and HHH had the best Hell in a Cell match ever to send off their historic feud. We won't get that type of send offs anymore.

Who in TNA is good enough to go to WWE and have a good run?
Cindy, California

I don't talk much about TNA because according to some I don't watch it. That's b.s. because I've been watching for several months. The product sucks with Bischoff in charge. I do feel several guys could get a shot in the WWE and make a good run. Samoa Joe comes to mind. His work ethic needs a kick in the ass and he needs to get in better shape. If he did that, he would become a bigger wrestler than Umaga and probably win a world title in the E. The other guys is obviously AJ Styles. I spoke of him in the previous mailbag blog. I like Styles and think his wrestling ability would make him some bank in WWE.

In the past two years, Miz and Sheamus have won the WWE title. Who do you see having a brighter future?
Eric, Nebraska

Great question sir. Sheamus has won the WWE title twice and received a monster push out of the starting gate. Miz has worked his tail off to become the current WWE title. With Sheamus, I believe he can main event for several years. He's a unique character who continues to develop in and out of the ring. Miz has the work ethic you look for in a professional wrestler. Always changing and evolving. My guess is when they both retire, Miz will have more titles. Vince loves Miz. He's been doing all types of shows and media interviews to get the WWE brand out more. Miz will have the titles but we won't forget Sheamus.

I've watched wrestling for years. I loved the Old School Raw when Jim Ross was doing the Bryan match. Why does Michael Cole still have a job?
Peter, South Dakota

I wonder if this is Jim Ross hiding his identity. It's okay Jim, almost everyone misses you. I haven't met a cole miner yet. Once again, we are victim to the Vincent Kennedy McMahon bromance. Wrestling has to change with the times and that forces guys out. It's a true shame when the best play by play man has to step away from the table. Michael is the absolute worst announcer sitting next to Mike Adamle. I'd like to see the gentleman doing Superstars a shot at the Smackdown table. You could put him with Grisham and Striker and keep Cole on one show. Read this carefully, we will never see Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler at the Raw table every week.

Christian made an appearance on Raw with Edge. Wasn't it awesome? I'm worried about Christian. He was never pushed to the height he deserved before he got hurt. When he comes back will he get a big push or buried again?
Dan, Iowa

To answer your question, Hell Yeah it was awesome to see Captain Charisma back on Monday night. I miss Christian as he elevates other wrestlers. I believe he won't be buried. He won't come back and win a world title right away. He's going to feud with Del Rio and likely be a participant in the Money in the Bank Mania match. I hope he doesn't win the briefcase. Let me explain before you get super pissed: Christian is a main event wrestler. He doesn't need a briefcase to tell me he's going to win a World title. He's earned his spot on top sometime in 2011. The briefcase cheapens title wins. I would much rather see Christian take the WWE Jeff Hardy route. Hardy was in numerous matches and was so close in all of them. When he won, the payoff was huge. I want an Edge versus Christian match at Wrestlemania. After that, he can reach for the World title and have it slip through his fingers twice. Summerslam comes and he gets his final shot. His opponent could be Ziggler, Kane or Sheamus (who gets drafted to Smackdown in April). The payoff is unbelievable and the peeps would go nuts.

John Morrison is getting a good look right now on Raw. I've really liked his matches with Sheamus. You mentioned Triple H coming back to finish up with Sheamus. What happens to Morrison if/when Triple H comes back?
Hank, Oklahoma

I swear this is Larry from BBSD trying to get me to talk about Morrison again. Well either way, it's a great debate. I thought for sure the Morrison push would get bigger with the KOTR crown. On Raw, I was right when I said Morrison will get a bigger push in the losing effort than winning the crown. The stipulation leads me to believe Miz and Morrison will be the next WWE title main event at the Royal Rumble, 2nd biggest pay per view of the year. Not to shabby for a guy I thought was never going to get the push and actually felt he didn't deserve it for quite a while. He's proved me wrong. Morrison has grown in the mic skills and his wrestling ability was always unique. I can't wait to see what he does with a ladder at TLC.

The wrestling world seems to going towards a youth movement. TNA has featured several young stars in the main event. WWE seems to be doing similar things with Miz, Sheamus and Morrison. Who do you think will be the top guys in WWE in five years? What about TNA?
Billy in Delaware

Wow, this is a tough one. As I said, the wrestling industry continues to change. I thought HBK and Taker would still be doing it for another 5 years. Obviously, that isn't the case. I think TNA has a bright future with Mr. Anderson. If he could have stayed healthy in WWE and worked on his in ring ability, we would be talking about him as a multi time world champion. Instead, Orton was fed up with him and the WWE listened. Once the whole Four-tune and Immortal thing is over, AJ Styles can take over as world champion. Those two could light up a wrestling ring. I like the Pope as well. I see those 3 and maybe Jeff Hardy if he isn't to um "tired". The WWE is a whole different story. Drew McIntyre, Miz, Sheamus, Morrison, Christian, Ted Dibiase Jr., Orton and even dare I say, Dolph Ziggler could all main event pay per views in the next 5 years. Many have said Ziggler wouldn't make it another year. He's really the best natural heel in the company. He comes out, acts better than anyone, walks like he's better than everyone and let's us all know who he is, 'I'm Dolph Ziggler.' I'm pumped for the next 5 years and see where these guys go. The only problem is the future is in some questionable writers hands. Time to make my picks for TLC.

Ladder Match for the Number 1 Contender for the WWE title
Sheamus vs. Morrison
Well, I think you know my opinion. I believe Miz and Morrison headline the Rumble. Sheamus takes on the Game.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston
Here's my problem with the whole TLC concept pay per view. We have several of the same type of matches. Also, I'm confused with this match. I don't know how serious they are about Ziggler. I feel he's ready for the leap above IC champ. If they aren't ready to elevate Ziggler, keep the belt on him. I don't think they are going to push him above this status but I also feel they are going to take the belt off him and onto another heel. TLC crowns Jack Swagger as the new IC champ.

Chairs Match
John Cena vs Wade Barrett
If I was going by Raw, this is the final match on the card. I hate Cena and everything about Cenation. Screw you buddy you get only a few sentences for your crappy build and 6 month long feud. End it already!!!! Cena wins.

WWE Championship Tables Match
Miz (c) vs Randy Orton
It's a true crime that this has been pushed over by the other thing on Raw. Orton and Miz never had a in ring promo together. Randy RKO'd Cole, Riley and powerbombed Arquette through a table but never got his hands on Miz. That was the best part. You don't cash in, win the WWE title and then give it back in 3 weeks. Miz keeps with some help of Cole and/or Riley.

Diva Tag Team Table Match
Natalya and Beth Phoenix vs. LayCool
Finally, the WWE put together exactly what I wanted. I consider this a Christmas gift. I love Beth and Natalya tagging up. LayCool is getting what they deserved from them making fun of everyone and holding those ridiculous best friends belt. I would like to think a heel turn from Beth is not in the works. Natalya and Beth win. One more wish for this match, let Beth hit her sweet ass finisher on Layla from the second rope through a table with McCool laying on the table.

Tables Ladders and Chairs (Oh my) Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs Kane vs Del Rio vs Rey
I told you I was spoiling the finale' of Smackdown. This really changes everything. I don't get why Del Rio and Rey are added. They needed to finish their story by themselves. Especially when you have built Edge and Kane as the only really big deal on Smackdown for several weeks. This is more of a punishment for Rey and Del Rio than a promotion. I thought for sure Kane would keep going into Sunday. Kane asked for the mega push and received it. Kane makes sense being a participant in the Rumble not headlining it. I will go out on a big limb and say Rey wins the World Heavyweight Championship for the 3rd time Sunday. Enjoy TLC and I will return with an all new Raw blog Monday evening.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com