Monday, December 6, 2010

Raw 12-6

For the past two weeks, this WWE blogger has been very happy. Raw's been on a high with a WWE title change and the return of King of the Ring. You may or may not have liked Sheamus getting the crown (more later). WWE has stepped up to the plate when everyone was talking about how bad the company had been. I thought for sure this episode, Orton returning and the Cole King fiasco straighting up, would keep the roll going on. Raw wasn't perfect, then again I shouldn't complain because it didn't suck either.

I text the host of Showstoppers on BBSD what they would consider a perfect Raw. Larry text back saying if Morrison won the WWE title. Typical of Larry since he is a giant Morrison lover. I think he might love Morrison more than Cole loves Miz. It's really that close. My boy John said if Jim Ross and King did commentary and if two matches, Miz Cena and Morrison Orton, took place. Well neither got their wish. My perfect Raw would be at least an hour and 15 mins of quality in ring work and the continual development of story lines. I got one wish.

Raw had to open with Cole and Lawler. Seriously, after last week there was some explaining to do. I'm glad Cole got my hate mail. I write it every week. Cole's explanation was lame but I did like him blaming Lawler. Punk was hilarious announcing the email. The General Manager stepped in which was the right thing. I can't see this thing working out. Luckily Orton saved the day. Randy getting involved was excellent. They kept him off one week and it paid off big time. The fans popped loud for the Viper. Miz is going to have to prove if he can hang with the big dogs. Orton is a step above Miz right now. Randy hits the RKO on Cole and takes him out of the picture this week. The story has to finish somehow and Lawler isn't heading to Friday nights. Punk is great and been a big upgrade to commentary. He's still a wrestler first. Punk once healthy, will return to the ring. The story will wrap up someway. One way is Cole turns into the manager of Miz and stays off commentary. Not luckily since Vince for some strange ass reason likes Cole.

I questioned months ago if the Bella twins would even be on the roster. I have a hard time rooting against Bryan or Dibiase. Both men deserve the push and the U.S. title. Dibiase and Maryse seem to be over and I'm glad. Bryan and Dibiase need a one on one match and if Dibiase wins he gets a shot at the U.S. gold at TLC. The feud can be great. But we haven't seen enough and Dibiase's been buried with losses. He needs one clean win over Bryan to be a true contender.

Nexus and Cena was way to predictable all night long. If you didn't know Cena was going to show up, you must be ten or younger. The face must win at some point and extract revenge. I get that and Cena is getting his revenge. Either dismantle the group (heading that way) or have them finally take down Cena. You can't have it both ways. I've liked Nexus and what they have done. They are nothing more than a giant group of jobbers. TNA's new regime has to much power. NWO grew to large. It's a fine line for stables. Nexus won't be much of a threat anymore especially after what happened to finish Raw.

The crowd died during Kidd and Smith match. Nobody cares about these two. Kidd has a new giant. I heard about a guy in FCW that wasn't cut out for NXT season 4. I don't remember his name but I'm certain that was Kidd's new bodyguard. The Dynasty break up needed something, I'm not sure if the giant adds much or anything.

Speaking of NXT, I purpose NXT Season 5, All Tag Teams. The division is obviously weak when you saw who competed for the titles. They need more of these matches though to help the overall product. TNA does a great job with tag teams. WWE refuses to step their game up. Uso's haven't been used enough on Raw. They are jobbers. Raw helped by giving time for the finish to build by making it two segments. Santino and Kozlov are comic relief and yet are now tag champs. I don't fully understand. On one hand, I like they are being used as a real tag team. On the other, Nexus continues to be pushed aside.

Some people were really pissed Sheamus is now King. As I said last week, I felt Morrison was more of a winner in the loss. The whole KOTR was to elevate talent. Sheamus may not have needed to be elevated. However, this is a great way to put Sheamus back on the map without capturing a big title. Triple H will be back shortly to start them up again. I don't want a mania rematch. I just want them to fight it out for a few months prior. In the meantime, Morrison gets some much needed face time. I'm telling you this is going to help John a lot more. He isn't going to win a big title match until next year on Smackdown.

The Divas match was a little strange. Natalya and Melina are faces. I mentioned last week Melina should turn heel. Raw doesn't have a quality in ring heel diva. The match wasn't long but teased something in the future. I also thought LayCool didn't make sense. They haven't completed anything with Beth Phoenix. Natalya and Beth will team up and bet LayCool perhaps at TLC. A fatal four way is down the line.

Alex Riley is good for one thing, putting Orton over while not making Miz look bad. Riley actual does a good job in his role. Orton used an angle slam, wth? This week Orton shouldn't have gotten the better of Miz. That can wait for next week when TLC is 6 days away. He may have gotten his hands on Riley but not Miz. The way it should be for this episode.

Once again, Cena is in the forefront. Yeah because he is bigger than the WWE title. I forgot. WWE seems to think so anyway. The whole thing has been stupid. Barret made some good points about Cena. I love Punk making reference again that a fan was in the ring. You see Punk understands my logical thinking. The Nexus turning its back on Barrett adds something. I just don't care for the whole thing ending Raw. The guy that is "fired" ends the show. I'm so thankful WWE thinks I'm an idiot. Great job. Thanks for appeasing to the kids that were already sleeping and not the older fans who were still up waiting for something good.

Raw ended on a sour note this week. That will happen when you get two good shows back to back for the first time since 2003. Was there anything memorable about this show? No. Orton and Miz kept away from each for the most part but nothing really developed. Cena and Nexus is boring the crap out of me. Bryan and Dibiase haven't done anything to each other, just stuff on the side with the Divas. Once again, we are 13 days away from TLC and we have 2 matches announced. Way to get my attention to fork over my hard earned money. I'm continuing to get plenty of email for the next wrestling mailbag coming back in another week or so. You can email your questions or comments to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com. You can hear even more hot wrestling opinions on Showstoppers every Tuesday afternoon on BBSD.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com