Monday, December 20, 2010

Raw 12-20

TLC is done and gone. We didn't learn a whole lot from the results. Edge is the WHC and I couldn't be happier. Christian will return soon and those two should end up headlining Wrestlemania. Randy Orton is still fighting his way to the WWE title. As predicted, John Morrison is getting a huge push even though he lost the KOTR tournament. I worry Nexus story is over and they have no where to go. Judging by their absence on the show, the writers had no clue what to do either. I hope Triple H returns shortly. My TLC picks were successful, Raw wasn't as much.

The opening with Riley and Cole was stupid. I was glad Miz came out but then it just got weird. Morrison and Miz was smart writing. These two have a history which adds to the feud. Now, the fans need to be invested in the match. Morrison also needs to prove he belongs in the main event. The only fault is Orton finishing the segment. Morrison is the focal point. He's the number one contender. Although, it doesn't seem that way after witnessing all of Raw. The main event sounded solid.

The Diva match did its job, name a contender for Natalya's title. We are moving away from LayCool, good deal. To bad the 3 ladies goofed up half the spots. I do have expectations for the Melina Natalya bout. I called Melina turning heel. Phoenix and LayCool can continue on Smackdown so the division isn't completely wasted on Friday Nights.

I thought Regal retired. The physicality in the match was great. Bryan and Regal put on a classic wrestling contest. That type of match is something we use to see in the 60's only lasting about an hour longer. A very old school match. I'm certain Michael Cole has never had a 3 some unless it's with Miz and Riley. I like the side story with Bryan and the twins. Raw did nothing with his title. Dibiase seems to be done and the rest of the roster is buried. One guy that comes to mind is Big Zeke. He's been squashing guys for weeks. Elevate him to the United States contention and turn him heel. He's a better and natural heel.

One thing Cole said that made sense was Dibiase needs a win. I don't recall the last win Teddy had or Maryse. Either break them up or have them win a few matches. Dibiase is way better than a jobber. Stop burying him! I can't wait for him to move to Smackdown. You turned the corner with Morrison. You've put a crown on Sheamus only because it gives Triple H a reason to beat the crap out of him. You've done nothing for Dibiase. He lost cleanly to Bryan about 4 times. He's losing any and every match you can possibly have at this point. I'm freaking sick of it. If he's wrestling Santino, bring Brett Dibiase back and tag for the titles. It's not rocket science. Teddy must have pissed in one of the writers cereal to be treated this poorly.

Somehow Cena changed in a week. He's back to normal even though he never left and did the same stuff I've heard for the last 6 years. I can't believe I'm saying this, ah well it's true, Vicki Guerrero saved me from Cena. I'd rather see her and Ziggler than Cena. Punk gave Cena a new nickname, the horrible person Cena. I think it will be used everytime I'm forced to type his name. I didn't fully comprehend the reason Ziggler faced the horrible person (see it will grow on you) Cena. It does nothing for either man. I guess they could meet again at the Rumble or tomorrow night on Smackdown. Ziggler is running out of guys to beat on Smackdown. Nearly half the roster has competed for the IC title. Punk must be healthy! Yippee. Highlight of the night, Punk back in the ring. I heard reports the WWE thought about keeping Punk at the broadcast table. Bad idea. Punk has years before hanging up his boots. I'd prefer to see him wrestle. The horrible person Cena has a new feud and I love it.

The main event was given plenty of time to develop an in ring story. The 6 men should be commended for their efforts. Okay, everyone but Riley. He still sucks. Raw rarely gives us a 20 minute main event. I'd like to see it more than 3 times a year. I know to much to ask. I loved they gave Lawler some retribution for losing to Miz a few weeks ago. Again, my only problem is they had Orton finish the show. I guess they need to cap it off one more time before Morrison gets his shot. Please, don't make it a triple threat match. Let Morrison and Miz show off their talents alone.

Raw did a half ass job of setting up Miz and Morrison. Instead, Orton doesn't seem out of the picture. The best thing by many miles was Punk leaving the booth and hitting the horrible person John Cena with a chair. I can't wait to see that develop more and I'm sure it will on Smackdown. Other than that, Raw did nothing for stories. I do have some sad news to end this Raw blog. This is my final Raw blog of 2010. I'm taking next week off for the holidays and spend time with my family. I will return in 2011 and continue to be the best damn WWE blogger on the planet. Continue to send in your e-mails to jcall@bigbadsportsdaddy.com. I don't know why I'm giving the bastards on Showstoppers on BBSD a plug but I just did. They weren't to friendly to your old Raw blogger this weekend. Oh well, all in good fun and I will get even. Take care and Merry Christmas to all of you.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com