Monday, October 19, 2009

Raw 10-19

I have surpassed the Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak. You are reading the 21st straight week of Monday Night Raw blog. I know I am patting myself on the back. I dont care. I believe it is pretty impressive and want to thank BBSD for letting me continue the streak and hopefully we can make it even farther than 52 weeks in a row. Now last week I was a little harsh on the WWE, but it was a horrible show. Tonight, Snoop Dog puts down the blunt and fills in as the General Manager for Raw. He was part of Wrestlemania a year ago so I guess he makes sense. He also has no clue about wrestling which is why he is perfect for the GM of Raw. Tonight maybe the final night Cena is on Raw and he faces The Game Triple H. I love the match and hope it gets a lot of time to develop. I am not real excited for the pay per view, lets see if Raw can change my mind.

No pyro or even intro, we get Justin Roberts introducing us to Snoop Diggy Dogg. I swear if Cole is going to be talking hizzle tonight, I might mute my tv. Bella twins out with Snoop. He starts to about how excited he is hosting Raw. He makes Orton vs Ted Dibiase. I am cool with that. Snoop also makes HBK vs my boy Chris Jericho. Here come the Raw team captains Degeneration X. HHH talks about how when Snoop is around white guys try to talk like Snoop. Shawn starts it and HHH uses it a little as well. You hear that Cole, you are white don't use hizzle shizzle or any of that crap the rest of the night. DX start to breakdown the Smackdown team. They make fun of all the competitors. I agree Smackdowns team is so weak. I was reading reports that HBK and HHH love Drew and HBK talks well about Drew McIntyre. HBK even calls him a future champion. I guess the reports are true. The members of Raw come down to the ring. No chance Raw team loses with DX as the captains. Cody Rhodes, Swagger, Henry, Kingston, Show and DX. A great team assembled for Raw. HBK goes down the line talking about each member. DX get to Cody Rhodes and HBK doesn't even say his name. Cody says he might just beat Smackdown by himself. Well besides Y2J, Cody probably could beat Smackdown. Show gets in Rhodes face and tells him he will take him or anyone else out. Henry gets in Shows face now until Swagger interrupts. Kofi intervenes and talks about how this is what Smackdown wants. HHH asks him where Kofi's accent went. I had to laugh at that. HHH talks about a 5 on 5 tune up match for his members of Raw. If one of them gets beat by one of their opponents he will take his spot. I like that idea.

Show, Rhodes, Henry, Kofi and Swagger vs MVP, Bourne, Primo, Masters and Chavo. The only guy I could see is MVP. Kofi with Chavo in the ring as Raw comes back on the air. DX watching on in the back. Kofi gaining momentum and Show and Henry tag at the same time. Rhodes gets in with MVP who got the tag from Chavo. MVP taking it to Chavo. The high flying Evan Bourne in now with Rhodes. Crossbody by Bourne but Rhodes rolls through for 2 count. Primo in with a Russian leg sweep on Rhodes. Cross Rhodes on to Primo but Swagger tags himself in for the 3 count. Team Raw starts beating the hell out of each other. The only one walking out is Big Show. This is the only way Smackdowns team will look like it has a chance. Make Raws team look like its breaking down and can't work together. Raw's team may not look like a cohesive unit but it will still win at the Pay Per View.

Backstage interview with Dibiase. He talks about how Orton would have done the same thing last week when Teddy pinned Orton. Orton walks in and gets in Dibiase's face. Teddy asks him if Orton would have done the same thing. Orton says the match up next will not take place and Dibiase will show Orton the respect he deserves. If Ted does lay a finger Orton might kick him out of Legacy. I love what we are seeing here. Ted has the potential to be a huge star. Slowly turn him face and he will become a main eventer sometime next year.

Here we go Teddy is in the ring contemplating on what he will do. The WWE Champion Randy Orton with his slow stalking like entrance. He had a nice stare towards Teddy before coming to the ring. Cole asks Lawler what he would do if he was Teddy but Lawler doesn't answer. Bell sounds and Teddy and Randy get nose to nose. Orton kicks Teddy in the gut and he goes to one knee but gets up. Come on fight Dibiase. Orton with a european uppercut. Fans start a Teddy chant. Orton gets in his face telling him to 'don't even think about it'. Teddy finally gets off the mat and gets in Randy's face. Crowd is weighting for Dibiase to hit Orton. This is great. Teddy won't do it tonight. This should be phase one of Dibiase going face. Orton shoves Teddy in the ropes and Teddy shoves Orton to the mat. Crowd is getting real hot now. Teddy starts to calm down in the middle of the ring now though. Orton just stares towards Dibiase. Randy lifts Teddy's head up and hits the RKO for the 3. I loved that segment to a T. Teddy got the fans behind him and thats what the WWE wanted to know. Teddy will turn but I hope the WWE continue to tease us. Remember Evolution when it took Batista a long time to turn face. I want the WWE to do that with Dibiase.

A great tribute video to Capt Lou Albano. He was a great man and I am deeply saddened by hearing he past away. ShowStoppers is doing a tribute to Lou and to all managers by doing a top 5 list of the greatest managers of all time. I sent mine in as well. I am quite sure Lou will make Larry and Johns list. He certainly made mine. Check out ShowStoppers at 1pm on Tuesday afternoon to find out the list.

Hornswaggle in the back with Snoop Dogg and Chavo comes in. He says he wants to be part of Team Raw. Jillian comes in and wants a rematch. Santino walks in as Charlie Brown and starts to make Peanuts references. Snoop kicks them all out and well starts to smoke some weed. Well Raw goes to a technical difficulties sign. Raw comes back and Snoop broke out his scented candles.

A new Batista DVD is out now called I Walk Alone. I dont mind Batista but hes not one of my favorites because he is not a great technical wrestler. I am sure the DVD is good though. WWE always does a great job with their DVD products, aside from the Tag Team DVD out earlier this year. I hated it.

Could this be the last match on Raw for John Cena. I doubt it. Cena takes on HHH now. Lawler says this maybe the toughest match Cena has ever faced. Cena has been in a Hell in a Cell and an I Quit Match in the previous 2 matches. That is not including the 2 one on one Mania matches, 1 with who he faces tonight HHH and the other with HBK. Why does the WWE forget everything that happened except for the previous week on Raw? Michael Cole runs down everything Cena has been in, I didn't mention the Elimination Chamber match he was in as well. But no tonight is Cena's toughest match ever. Cena and HHH start out a little slow just getting a feel for each other right now. Cena with a hammerlock on HHH. The fans are back in forth with Cena chants and HHH chants. Hard whip into the turnbuckle by HHH for a 2 count. Cena is thrown into the other side now. Now a 3rd whip into the corner for another 2 count. HHH goes for the pedigree but Cena counters and whips HHH into the corner where HHH goes up and outside as Raw takes a break. Action was inside and outside during the break. We are back in the ring right now with HHH in control. Cena and HHH exchanging right hands in the middle of the ring. Cena getting the best of him. Cena hits one shoulder tackle but HHH ducked the other. FU attempted but a chop block, WOOOOO, slows Cena down. STFU try but HHH gets to the ropes. Cena with his fishermen suplex and tries a bulldog but HHH countered again. Pedigree reversed into the STFU in the middle of the ring. HHH is crawling towards the ropes. Cena breaks the hold and pulls HHH back to the middle of the ring. HHH wiggles out and nails a pedigree. 1,2.. foot on the bottom rope. Another break for Raw. HHH locks in the Sharpshooter. I hate anyone besides a Hart using the Sharpshooter. Somewhere Bret Hart is throwing up. Cena gets to the ropes. High knee to Cena as Cole tells us that is vintage HHH. This Raw blog tonight is vintage J Call. Spinebuster by the Game and goes for another pedigree. He hits and Cena kicks out. HHH has hit 2 pedigrees and still has not won the match. FU to HHH. He better kick out and he does. Damn right. Awesome match we are getting now on Raw. Crowd should be chanting 'This is Awesome'! Cena missed a top rope leg drop. Pedigree reversed to a FU countered to a pedigree for a 3 count. HHH and Cena just put on the best Raw match of the year. Now that is what I want to see more of on Raw. Heavy on the wrestling. Cena slow to get up but the faces shake hands in the middle of the ring. Great job by the WWE here. Make Cena look like he maybe on his way out off Raw. No way Smackdown gains Batista and Cena in little less than a month. Crowd on their feet as Cena leaves the ring. Good acting job Cena. You will be out first next Monday night holding the WWE title.

Not to keep plugging stuff on BBSD but if you want to know what is going to happen at Bragging Rights, then listen to ShowStoppers. Larry, John, Eric and I will all be giving our predictions. I have the Bragging Rights in the prediction department. I have went in the past 3 pay per views 21-3! That is simply staggering. As Larry said a few weeks ago on ShowStoppers I know more about the WWE then Vincent Kennedy McMahon. If you heard Shane is stepping down from the WWE. Well it is because I am replacing Shane as one of the new CEO's of the WWE.

Miz takes on a returning Marty Jannetty. The pop is not that great for Marty. Some back and forth action. Miz lands an huge inside out clothesline on Marty. Marty is in great shape yet. Crowd with a Marty chant. Back suplex on Miz. Back body drop by Marty and he starts to gain momentum, even hits a Lawler like fist drop. A little goof up towards the end and Miz takes advantage by picking up the victory with his skull crushing finale. I hate that name for his finisher. Miz change it to something cool. Well wait you are not cool, therefore your finisher can not be cool.

Diva title rematch from last week. Jillian vs Melina. Raw announces a 3 on 3 Raw vs Smackdown diva match for the ppv. Melina trips on the steps but still has the perfect entrance. Chavo distracts the ref. Jillian hits a samoan drop. Hornswaggle distracts Chavo and Melina wins the match. Hornswaggle has some street clothes on. Chavo grabs him and Snoop comes to the ring. Chavo throws Horn down and starts to shove D-O double G. Snoop a Loop hits a clothesline. Snoop and Chavo circle each other and Chavo goes for another clothesline but Snoop ducks. Snoop spears Chavo the hos er Divas come down to a dance party in the ring with Snoop and Hornswaggle. Actually Hornswaggle could dance but Michael Cole can't.

If you want a trip down memory lane check out Smackdown this Friday night. Lawler will be filling in for a newly wed Todd Grisham and will be at the announcer table with... GOOD OLE JR. JR and The King back together for one night only. WWE should never have broken them up cuz Cole sucks no matter what show he is on. JR and The King 2 Hall of Famers together on Friday night Smackdown. I gotta plug the WWE since I am going to be working for them soon.

The WWE never lets me down when it comes to putting together promo videos. An absolutely perfect RKO Cena rivalry video. The video showed clips from back in 07 all the way until now. Orton Cena has been a grea rivalry. A 1 hour anything goes iron man match to settle it once and for all. I hope it is a good match. Cole and Lawler rundown the ppv card in the ring. The reason they do it in the ring is because the live crowd can hear them then. The arena is not linked to the announcers table so in order to hear the card, Cole and Lawler must use the hand mics. I just thought I would let you know why they do that. 2 Nascar guys Kyle Busch and Joey whatever the hell his name is are going to Co GM Raw next week. Excuse me while I don't give a crap. Just more reason why I hate the celebrity GM's. I could rant about it but if you have read my previous Raw blogs (you should) you would know I hate the Celebrity GM's. Hey look I write a Raw blog each and every week for the past 21 weeks in a row. I am a semi Celebrity so I should be a GM for a night. Main event time:

Y2J Chris Jericho, my favorite wrestler right now, takes on the ShowStopper Shawn Michaels. Jericho is on the mic talking to HBK that he has assembled a great Smackdown team that will beat team Raw. Cryme Tyme comes out from the audience. Its a Smackdown take over. Kane heads down the other side of the audince with Ziggler and Escobar and Drew McIntyre. Team Smackdown is in the ring waiting for Raw team members. Team Raw head towards the ring. We are going to have a prelude to the ppv right now. 7 on 7 in the ring and who will throw the first punch? Crowd chanting for DX. HHH congratulates Jericho. HHH says the entire Raw roster can agree on one thing and that is they dont like him, his team or the show. Vicki is on the rampway now. Vicki orders team Smackdown out of the arena right now. HHH throws the first punch to Jericho. Chris is tossed over the announcers table. Its a pure six brawl with 14 men as Raw goes off the air. I like the ending because it finally gives me a reason to give a crap about the Raw vs Smackdown match. No matter what though team Raw will not lose. They have a lot more big name players. In the end it just doesn't matter what the WWE does the Raw team will come out on top.

Raw was a solid effort tonight. Cena and HHH had a match that was good enough to be labeled as the best match on free tv so far this year. I hope to write an NFL blog later in the week. I apologize for not doing my NFL picks any longer. My NFL blog later in the week will not be a pick blog but more of an insight on a few things I have liked and disliked about several teams in the league. I hope you enjoyed my Raw blog and continue because after 21 weeks in a row, you know I am just getting started. WOOOO! Make sure to listen to ShowStoppers as well.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com