Thursday, October 22, 2009

Memo to NFL Fans

I have been reading several message boards on different websites and I have gone to realize several things. For one thing, some fans are just plain idiots. I have to admit this is the main reason I am writing this blog. I have a huge beef with the GO PACK GO fans first.

Memo to Packer fan: I have heard the complaints about Aaron Rodgers. Why are you complaining about a guy who is ranked 5th in QB Rating? Aaron Rodgers is a solid starter and at his age, 25, he has a lot of potential and can only get better. I heard Aaron on a radio show talking about how he has made mistakes like holding on to the ball to long. He also said the offensive line needs to step it up. Aaron said all the right things during the interview. He is trying to improve and has a great work ethic. I love that out of a quarterback. I tell you what I am an Oakland Raiders fan, I will offer Russell Bussell for Aaron Rodgers. A straight up trade a guy who has no work ethic and is bigger than some offensive linemen for a guy who is working hard trying to improve week after week and has a QB rating doubled of Russell. Oh what was that? You don't want to do that. Good idea, now shut up and be happy you have Rodgers. He is no Favre but he's a young talented QB.

Memo to Bronco fan: I have read all the boards talking about how no one believed in you. I can not argue with that. I certainly didn't and you could read my AFC blog to prove it. Here is the thing, no one believed in you but do you really think you are going to win the Super Bowl with Kyle Orton as your quarterback. I get it he can be a "game manager" but he can not win games. You have a nice defense mostly because Denver hired Mike Nolan who has taken scrubs on the line and turned them into all stars. I even read some boards talking about who you will play against in the Super Bowl. I have the answer: nobody because you will be at home. Be happy that you are winning games because in the beginning of the year you didn't even want your coach.

Memo to Charger fan: You must fire Norv Turner in a hurry. San Diego is a great team with a franchise QB but the pieces around him are starting fall off a bit. LDT is certainly on his last legs as a number 1 running back. You still have Vincent Jackson, Gates and Darren Sproles to help carry the offense. The defense has playmakers but again Merriman has not been the same without his roid rage. This is a win now type of team with a never can win coach. Norv is a great offensive coordinator, he just can not lead a team to the Super Bowl. Maybe Norv and Wade Phillips can combine to make a great head coach together. For now, get ready for another disappointing season.

Memo to Redskin and Raider fan: There isn't a lot I can say here. The positives are outweighed by the negative nearly 3 to 1. Jim Zorn is a horse with a broken leg at this point. I actually feel bad for him. Snyder and Al Davis are 2 of the worst owners in the NFL, to bad neither of them believe that. Synder will do what he always does at the end of the season. He will go out and try and hire a big named coach to help out his team. In the end, he will find that no one will want the job. Who has left there better than they were going in? Synder will then have to turn towards exactly where Crazy Al does for head coaches, the 99 cent store. Tom the Cable guy is in a lose lose situation. Tom has a chance to... I was going to finish that but I can't. No hope on the horizon for either franchise.

Memo to Titans fan: So your head coach came out at a CHARITY event and wore a Peyton Manning jersey. When you are turning towards Vince Young, there is little hope. My advice is to pack it in this season and try again next year. If you want a new head coach, I can relate to that. Jeff Fisher has been in Tennessee for a long time and maybe it is time for a change. The old saying is 'be careful what you wish for' and I think it holds true in this situation. If you fire Fisher and bring in someone knew he needs a new QB, a new leader on the defensive side of the ball and patience from the fans. The best place for Fisher is San Diego, as long as Gruden doesn't get hired there first.

Memo to Bucs fan: I bet you would like to have Chucky back now.

Memo to Jets fan: How many fans have jumped off your bandwaggon in the past week? I believe the total is up to 2.5 million. The Sanchise is playing like a rookie. High hopes means a big letdown. Mark has a ton of potential but lets not crown him King Tut yet ESPN. I love Rex Ryan and the fire he brings. Settle down and just give it some time. For now can we just go back to calling him Sanchez?

Memo to all NFL fans: It is Week 7 damn it! Please no Super Bowl predictions. I think it is ok to do before the season just to see how close you come. Now though is just stupid. You sound like a complete homer. I realize it is exciting to see the Saints, Broncos, Colts and Vikings undefeated. I just get pissed hearing how fans think we are going to the Super Bowl. You are also one injury away from missing the playoffs. It is a long season, sit back and enjoy the ride, unless your team is in the basement. Then just hold on to that little glimmer of....hope.

J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Small town guy from Iowa. I went to school in Dallas and graduated. I work for 105.3 KNOD radio station in Harlan Iowa as the news director. I love sports and wrestling. You can catch my thoughts on everything sports and wrestling on bigbadsportsdaddy.com